Author Topic: Another update on our situation  (Read 19994 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Another update on our situation
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2008, 05:28:22 PM »
Ok, another update. My mom was released last week from the hospital to a rehabilitationcenter where she could get excercise to get her strength and daily rhythm back to normal so she can handle herself back home like before, hopefully. However the day after, where she was walking badly and was acting tired and disorientating again after the bloodtransfusion helped, then she was waiting for an ambulance when I arrive before noon. It seemed to be a small seizure but she was awake and back at the center that evening, then the following morning they couldn't get in touch with her so she was driven out again, this time the ward she was at said they (a specific nurse) that it was herself that did it, psycho-something. It does appear that our mom is under a lot of stress although at first sight she seems fairly normal and clear, but when hearing what she says, and how her SMS' look then she's not ready to come home we thing. I saw her today and she seemed to finally accept to stay at least for the next few days (she's worried about the 20 or so USD it costs a day). I'm still very watchful and have in fact started to see what kind of place my 11-year seniority in the home-club I got could give me (it's a company or such that can have rental homes that will be rented out on seniority while some are put under the control of the county they're in, to be used in emergency cases, for elderly people and students depending on the type of home).

On another note then I made an apointment for the Lancer's first service and found that it's interval wasn't 1 year or 20K km but 1 year or 15K km and the car is at 19670 atm so I'm now a bit vervous that I've void the warranty or such. And before that I thought the 20K km limit on the insurance was nervewrecking.

Btw, to remind you people in North-America about one of the many great things you got then here's todays price for 1 liter unleaded RON 95 gasoline at Shell near here: 11.12 DKK which equals 8.75 USD/us gallon

Frank
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 05:30:14 PM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2008, 12:43:36 PM »
Btw, to remind you people in North-America about one of the many great things you got then here's todays price for 1 liter unleaded RON 95 gasoline at Shell near here: 11.12 DKK which equals 8.75 USD/us gallon

Ouch... That's gotta hurt the bank account...  :-[

Say Hi to your mom from all of us at da 'coop ::wave::
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2008, 12:53:36 PM »
Actually it's not that bad since I average 34 mpg US in city driving in the car (2007 Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6) but we've got bigger problems now.

Michael (my older brother) and I went to meet with our mom and two people from the rehabilitation center this morning and they could tell us that the hospital ward had now closed our mom's treatment and the doctor's said our mother would no longer be accepted if she came there. Long story short, her decreased health including regularly loosing consciousness etc. is permanent so our mom can no longer live at home since it's incredibly risky compared to living in an apartment in a protected area aka nursing home area. After initially totally refusing then she reluctantly accepted to apply for a place after getting promises about seeing what can be done with the old debt we have and being told that I was ready to move out on my own since I'm totally unable to protect and care for our mom now she's that bad. Even with all this she worries about money and me but that was settled, at least temporarily. I put myself on the active searching list at the home-club I've been a member of for 11 years so I hope I got a shot. And I'm going to look for a late 90s Ford Mondeo which is my dreamcar and which should be fitting to my need as well. This however means that my dream of visiting USA and maybe even stay and become a pilot has moved far away due to financial issues  :'(

Frank
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 02:02:04 PM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2008, 04:36:12 PM »
sorry to hear about your mum frank  :( as some one who works with the eldery just now i now how hard it is but she will be better off getting profesional help and care you cant cope on your on if you mum is like this. but keep your chin up your dream will come round again, for the mondeo look at auto trader web site over here should be able to find a cheap ex sale's rep car but i suppose the shipping will be afactor unless you can come over and drive it back.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2008, 05:54:24 PM »
Man, I am sorry to hear about that Frank. I know how big that step is, especially since everybody knows what it means . . .
Been there myself. My mom also changed right after while she was trying to come to terms with this last big step. I can't even imagine
how that must feel for a mom who used to be taking care of everybody for a living to now having to be taken care of....
My heart goes out to you.
Hang in there buddy.
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2008, 02:56:42 AM »
Frank,

Just an echo to the wishes here....  sure hope that things settle into a new routine soon and that your Mom will be confortable and well cared for.  It's not easy but it's good you are there to help her.

|:)\
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2008, 04:05:06 PM »
Good luck to you three Frank, I hope you will cope well...

Ian, I am afraid Dans drive on right side of the road instead of wrong one like you...

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2008, 08:16:15 PM »
ah that's just a inconvenience fabo got plenty of cars that have the wheel on the opposite side to the norm for us.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2008, 09:43:56 PM »
ah that's just a inconvenience fabo got plenty of cars that have the wheel on the opposite side to the norm for us.

Half my day, I'm driving on the right side of the truck, on  the left hand side of the road. That's crazy!
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

airtac

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2008, 04:18:42 PM »
Hey, I just realized we have right hand drive vehicles over here----they're called garbage trucks ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2008, 07:01:01 AM »
uhuh and we can the lefties P.O.S's  ;D :D ;)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2008, 06:14:23 PM »
Well unless the county pulls a rabbit out of the hat then I can kiss a mondy goodbye, as well as any other personal transportation since the bank declined my request for a loan, saying I had too little money left after expenses, and those expenses was a unrealistically low car insurance. An old 97 Mondeo without even power windows costs as much in Denmark as a nice clean well-equipped US Focus SE Zetec from 2000/2001 btw. Denmark really sucks for me :( And of course if I can't even loan 12-12K USD for a Mondy then 3x that to go stateside and get a CPL must be totally out of the question.

My mom still isn't doing too well and has fallen several times and no news on when she can move to her new home. My brother is still working on his bachelor which is due on the 12th and then the 26th is the last exam, unless something bad happends with our mom at which point he'll take leave since this is eating him up as much as it is me.

Frank
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 06:20:00 PM by Frank N. O. »
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2008, 12:13:31 AM »
"Sigh" the county-lady I talked to says that with regards to transportation then the only thing the county will do is to look at a application for a handicapcar which has to be factory-new and not cost more than 145K DKK which doesn't buy much of a new car, not that I'd want a new car anyway (new in terms of technology and control-layout and standard equipment, not in terms of wear and tear of course, if I could then I'd make a brand new Mondeo from spareparts but the lack of a factory VI-Number would be a problem).

And today the hospital ward that said in writing they considered our mom's treatment closed and wouldn't recieve her again, admitted her back. She fell again, and was hurt badly according to what I was told earlier from the staff and the physical rehabilitation center our mom is staying at. My brother and I just don't know what to do anymore. It's just unbearable to see and (try to) talk to our mom now due to what's wrong with her. My brother is one step from taking a leave from his bachelor, just 22 days before the last final, due to how much this situation affects him mentally, and I can't say I'm feeling any better myself. There have been so much conflicting information that I don't know who to trust anymore, and the cases the information is about has major concesequences for our lives. First they say she's doing fine and enjoying the stay at the center, then they say the hospital wrote they wouldn't accept her anymore, then another staff member said our mom had been very sick and hard to reach and sleeping almost constantly (which I also saw for myself a few days ago when I visited her, very briefly since it was unbearable to be there and I couldn't really understand her anyway), then they say I can get help from the county, then one countyperson says I can't, then the staff member said that the countyperson said I could get help, now our mom's sick again, then the hospitalward that wouldn't treat her anymore is treating her...... ::knockedout::  :( :'(

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2008, 04:27:28 PM »
Well, after being signed out of the hospital again after falling and breaking her nose twice in a few days then she was checked out for any mental problems by the psychiatric ward and was cleared right away. A few days ago we were at the dementia clinic where our mom was also cleared from any such issues however the doctor noted during the meeting that our mom seemed to be strongly affected by medicin, overmedicated that is to the point that it slowed her down and that's what Michael and I have been thinking after one area after the other was said to be ok. One of our mom's meds has been reduced in dose and she seems a little clearer now, although still stuck in a wheelchair and far from how she was six months ago, but better. It's only the start however and my 30th birthday is barely weeks away, it's not going to be a good one. My brother's bachelor exams are also postponed till late summer/early fall since it just didn't work out with all what's going on here now.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2008, 07:47:19 PM »
Long story short, my mom can't return home since she bound to the wheelchair now and that can't come around here in the house even with all furniture removed and our mom only realised that yesterday when Michael and I visited her and she broke down and cried twice when we were there. I feel like hell so that's why I didn't think when I posted the last two posts, sorry they ruined the mood.

My mom is still clearer in the head after more than 2/3's of her painkillers for nervepain in the legs were taken away, and since she can't walk, or even stand for just 3-4 seconds (her own admittance) then they probably aren't needed anymore. The wheelchair can barely be in the Lancer either, and it's very difficult for me to lift in, in fact, it'll give me backpain after just once.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci