Author Topic: Another update on our situation  (Read 19966 times)

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Another update on our situation
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 12:35:58 AM »
Best wishes with everything frank.

I think the intestine stuff with it bunched together is called cholic?  But I think I spelled it wrong and I'm not even sure if it's the right term anyway.
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 02:15:43 AM »
Well, one step forward, two steps back. It was the plan that my mom were to come home today friday, but that's no longer the plan. My mom had a second heart-attack and her blood-pressure has been so low the doctors couldn't understand my mom was alive, I think she said 60/40, later when Michael and I were there it was 70/55.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 06:30:51 AM »
I'm glad you can be with her Frank, that is such a help for her.  I'm sorry for her setback today, but she is where the care is the best.  Keep your chin up and know that many people are thinking of you and the rest of your family.

|:)\
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 04:05:34 AM »
Ok, as I said in the chat earlier then things are looking up again. 4 of the main problems my mom had including pnemonia and blood-plate problems are now fixed. The bloodpressure is still low but at least more than the 20 over something it was at one point. There are still some things that needs to be done before she can come home but at least it's looking up.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 02:56:04 PM »
Glad to hear things are looking up a bit Frank. Sorry, I've not been able to access chickenwings for a while (traveling and laptop battery died  :-[ ) so I have some catching up to do... But it's good that things are going better!
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 03:13:36 PM »
Frank, here's hoping to your mother getting better and coming home.   |:)\  I know its tough on you.  You and your mom are in our prayers here as well.
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 03:27:20 AM »
Thank you all for the kind thoughts, I've relayed them again to my mom  ::wave::

Originally the plan was that she could come home friday (yes last friday, as was said the week before last as well) but she's still in the hospital due to arguments between doctors if she could/should get a headscan. She finally got it, an MR-scan I think, and it showed that there was no damage to her brain at all so that's good news. Still no reply on a liver-biopsy a few weeks ago but things are at least status-quo, and then the good result from the scan. Blood-pressure is still low last I heard but not that bad compared to the other life-threatening level she had a week or so ago (20 over something).

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 04:33:22 AM »
Sigh, I was about to write that my mom was home now, but the joy has just been overshadowed by waking up at 5 AM by rustling noises and finding my mother sitting on the floor after falling and she couldn't get up at all, and had been trying to for a while. She tried to right away clean up the mess she'd made in the fall, despite me having to hold her to make sure she didn't fall again, and after a long while she finally sat down, I called my brother, and then she got up and fell again! And of course she says she's fine. My nerves are shot right now. And she says she's fine, she don't want to go to a nursing home and sit with other old folks, but after just 5 minutes I'm totally exhuasted from holding her despite having slept for 10 hours straight! I'm waiting for my brother to come over now, he should be here in a few minutes.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 01:26:27 PM »
AW Gee Frank,
I know it's hard but you're doing a good job---stick to it, you're tougher than you realize!!! |:)\

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 03:55:12 PM »
hang in there frank
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 04:44:27 AM »
Ok, shortly after I posted this, my brother called back, and our mom came in and wanted to say that her balance was fine now. A few minutes later I had to rush in and yes she'd fallen again. Then after a shower she fell again. And after 1 hour directly following 10 hours non-stop sleep I was shaking, had a headache and was out of comission for a long time. When I was out to the pharmacy to pick up medicin I called home to double check something on the prescription, she didn't reply the phone after 10+ rings and I had a bad feeling and rushed home. When I came in she was standing up in her room, but told me that she had indeed fallen and was desperately trying to get up as I called, and it took a long time and exhuasted her. And that's just part of the problems she has atm.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 08:50:28 AM »
Phew, finally some good news. It would appear my mom needed some rest, both physically and mentally. Yesterday she was so much better after having slept both the whole night and the afternoon after her falls. She's still hurting from all the bruises but she's so much more clear and walking like she did about before her hospital stay, and while she's needed to hold to the furthiture to double check her balance indoors, and use two crutches when walking outside then it's still a lot better than tuesday.

Sadly now out clothes drier broke so that's more money to spend, although I think it's lasted for years. Maybe today we can go thrue the bills and reciepts from during her nearly 7 weeks in the hospital so I can find out how much I owe her so I can get that settled and start on getting my next flight. I'm writting an email to one of the two places that had a practice lesson with a 172 to find out their price since it wasn't listed.

Mike (from PM): I'll pass on your hi to my mom when I see her now, thanks :)

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 03:49:39 PM »
Frank, that's a relief.  Glad to hear your mom's feeling better.  Welcome home and a big wave to Frank's Mom from the SoCal Desert!   ::wave:: ::wave:: ::wave:: ::wave:: ::wave:: ::wave:: ::wave:: ::wave::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 04:25:11 PM »
Thanks, I'll tell her. At least she's feeling alright, again. Just after chatting with Mary and the Scot I found my mom strangely tired despite having slept 9 hours, and then just after I heard her call and I found her on the floor, she'd had another but small seizure. The home help came to help her get up and stuff and she slept for 5 hours again and after been awake a couple of hours she's starting to come back to normal. My brother who came home not long ago, said mom said the coffee tasted weird last night where he was also home (he thought it tasted just fine), and he's seen that before, it's a sign that a seizure is comming within half a day or so, and it was right again.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 05:48:13 PM »
"and the scot" ill take that as a compliment frank lol
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"