Author Topic: Avatar request..  (Read 50645 times)

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
  • What goes up, must come down
Re: Avatar request..
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2006, 10:40:44 PM »
We should really make the comic about US :P

Offline madpilot44

• Cockerel
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2006, 04:06:42 AM »
hey! while KELPkid comes up with his idea, can I have my own avatar? I would really like one. I was thinking about something related with my nickname... perhaps a mad hawk (I have this thing about hawks...) and if you guys need any more help, I've uploaded my pic into the forum.

Thanks a lot!
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2006, 10:17:06 AM »
Hm, a mad hawk... I think that could look funny!  :D I will put it on my list! As usual, it will take a while.

Offline madpilot44

• Cockerel
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2006, 03:30:11 PM »
thanks stef!! I can't wait to see it jaja :) how about a mad hawk with a mohawk? just a thought there jaja
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2006, 06:53:08 PM »
Here is an idea... and I know it would take a long time to do... but if there were avatars for all the regular posters, then they could maybe appear now and then as passengers on a roost-air flight! :)  (Ok... if Chuck is flying, that's one occassion where I will have my parachute handy) :)

Just a thought... I don't know what I'd have for an avatar for me... I did once earn the nickname "Submarine Commander".  Seems that I had, at one time, turned my military service cap (the hard-billed USAF type) backwards and was speaking Russian while pretending to torpedo things.... yes... I was very drunk at the time... one one of two occassions where I got plastered... but the cause was just... it was at the end of an exhausting two weeks of 18 hour days on duty doing SAR work.  I guess then I would be more like a "Buck Murdock" from Airplane II.  You remember... Bill Shatner (Captain Kirk), played him... the commander of Alpha Beta Base on the moon.  The lights are flashing and their blinking.... SOMEBODY PULL THE PLUG!   ;D ;D
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2006, 06:56:12 PM »
I love that idea, Ted! So would I be a passenger on "con-air"?  ;D ::)
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2006, 07:02:50 PM »
You should post a picture Ted!
This will help as well.

I like the idea you proposed. Every now and then we need a few "extras" in our strips.
And I am more than certain, we can fit in plthijnx as well! ;)

Edit:
The more I think about it the more I like it. "FireFlyer" is the first one who comes to mind as the character of an "experienced" pilot in a bar giving Chuck all kinds of advise. Not sure where to fit in the "Turbo Mallard" yet and we already have a bunch of crazy Skydivers scripted for a few strips you guys will see later.
More input guys!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 07:06:35 PM by Mike »
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2006, 07:09:05 PM »
Oh ! Just thought of something!
Maybe we can turn Ted in some sort of an engineer kind of bird who knows a lot of stuff and has good explanations to Chucks questions which, of course, Chuck never understands. Kind of like "Mr. Wilson" and "Tim -the toolman- Taylor" in the show "tool time"....

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2006, 07:23:25 PM »
Mad Hawk, love the idea, and I'll be glad to see something else than a skull, it's scary, although at least you yourself am friendly :)

Lol, yeah Home Improvements (called: Ten Thumbs in danish) was a great show as long as one understood the comedy in it, and luckily I did.

Fireflyr does seem like the wise old bird indeed, but who's gonna be Al? :D
And just out of curiosity, would I fit in anywhere in that universe? Just curious as to how other people see me, no problem if you haven't thought of it, I'm just trying to enjoy the company here (I've had a rough day so this is helping), actually have a list of pictures and stuff to post but I'll reserve it to when I get really into the mood so I can make the posts good.

Thanks for the friendly atmosphere :)
Frank

P.S. I'll try and see if Racerplanet can't lend you some smilies they would be easier to recognize for me at least, the normal smilie looks like a croocked smile for instance but I need to check up on smilie copyrights first off of course, fair is fair.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2006, 07:58:44 PM »
Oh ! Just thought of something!
Maybe we can turn Ted in some sort of an engineer kind of bird who knows a lot of stuff and has good explanations to Chucks questions which, of course, Chuck never understands. Kind of like "Mr. Wilson" and "Tim -the toolman- Taylor" in the show "tool time"....

Well, I am a software engineer... so that works  ;D  I loved the Tim Taylor character :)  Remind me to tell you guys of the time I got bucked off a horse at a full run on my first date out with a girl... ended up in the hospital over the weekend... somehow she never went on a second date with me... hehehehe   ::)  Uh oh... I really DO sound like Tim Taylor now!  :D ;D :D

I'm glad to see that you like my idea :)  I'll work on getting a photo posted tonight.  I don't have any on my PC here at work :)

Thanks for the compliment on my explanations :)  One of these days I hope to be a CFI.  Just a matter of time and $$$ :)

We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2006, 10:33:15 PM »
Actually I had you in mind for the "Mr. Wilson" character. The guy who gives advice, because Chuck is more like the Tim Taylor character.

Are you working on your CFI??

Hey, did Turbo Mallard ever get his CFII ??

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2006, 10:51:51 PM »
Actually I had you in mind for the "Mr. Wilson" character. The guy who gives advice, because Chuck is more like the Tim Taylor character.

Are you working on your CFI??

Hey, did Turbo Mallard ever get his CFII ??

The Mr. Wilson type is good too :)  I'm not yet working on my CFI, but I do volunteer time at the St. Louis Science Center here, and give people the chance to learn a bit about aviation and how to fly around a bit using MSFS 2004, so I do know that I like to teach.  I'm about 3/5ths of the way through my Instrument Rating training currently.  Got a bit over 300 hours, so I'm doing my Instrument via Part 141.

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2006, 01:44:49 AM »
And I am more than certain, we can fit in plthijnx as well! ;)
Code: [Select]

yeah i can onlllllly imagine!! lol!

edit: i'll just be the ramp misfit. i do alright in the air, it's on the ground that i tend to F up. (5 points to anyone who can tell me the movie that the last sentence came from......AND it's where i got my internet user name as well, only i had to shorten it at the time from pilot-hi-jinx.....)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 02:43:07 AM by plthijnx »
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2006, 02:46:11 AM »
I'm not yet working on my CFI, but I do volunteer time at the St. Louis Science Center here, and give people the chance to learn a bit about aviation and how to fly around a bit using MSFS 2004, so I do know that I like to teach.  I'm about 3/5ths of the way through my Instrument Rating training currently.  Got a bit over 300 hours, so I'm doing my Instrument via Part 141.

keep at it Ted. I can't tell you how much $$ i wasted starting and stopping for that rating. and depending on where you are and what school you go to will dictate how hard your CFI will be. a few years back i tried twice here in houston where you have to use the FSDO. that aint easy!

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2006, 05:05:45 AM »
edit: i'll just be the ramp misfit. i do alright in the air, it's on the ground that i tend to F up. (5 points to anyone who can tell me the movie that the last sentence came from......AND it's where i got my internet user name as well, only i had to shorten it at the time from pilot-hi-jinx.....)

Isn't that from Hot Shots?

Yay, 5 pts to me!
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty