Author Topic: For all the F-8 Crusader fans  (Read 3816 times)

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
For all the F-8 Crusader fans
« on: December 22, 2006, 11:36:48 PM »
This web site is pretty entertaining.  Take the time to scroll through the pictures, some of 'em have some sound effects for y'all.  Also, look at the records page.  Those of you with a skewed sense of humor will enjoy the unofficial records.

http://www.cloudnet.com/~djohnson/
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park.”

fireflyr

Re: For all the F-8 Crusader fans
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 08:06:36 AM »
HEY GREAT, Thanks--enjoyed the records section most---shows that even though they are still squids, Naval Aviators are the best!!! |:)\

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 07:08:33 PM »
I like the concept of an aircraft you can fly -if you absolutely had to- with the wings folded.  ::loony::
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park.”

fireflyr

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 05:44:18 PM »
I like the concept of an aircraft you can fly -if you absolutely had to- with the wings folded.  ::loony::

Wonder what he used for an approach speed---I can only imagine calling the ball at 250 knots and having the Airboss go ballistic :o
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 05:46:13 PM by fireflyr »

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 06:28:35 PM »
We had a term on the submarines for what the pilot would be experiencing.  It's called a Mondo Aw-F**k!  (Kids might be reading this.)

As far as the approach speed?  I'd think it'd have to be up there.  Not a whole lotta lift with the wings up.