Author Topic: Student Loans...  (Read 8267 times)

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
Student Loans...
« on: November 23, 2005, 05:20:23 AM »
I just paid mine off the other day... it was a long 12 years.   ::)

Just had to share that with someone.  :)
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline Inept

Re: Student Loans...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 03:20:41 AM »
From someone who just graduated and is facing years of student loan payments himself, I congratulate you.

Offline Voidhawk9

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 10:29:36 AM »
Still adding to mine... $1000 for MEIR check-ride this week!  :o

Must be a good feeling indeed!

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 02:49:09 AM »
I've been lucky and haven't needed any student loans so far, knock on wood.  Thank god for fire or I would be paddling up the same creek you guys are.
WOW I did that!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 10:29:41 AM »
Hey Chuckar!

Maybe you could elaborate a little about the fire business. It might be a good alternative to the old student loan now that I think about it. There might be a few young guys willing to do that for the money and then flight-train throughout the winter months...
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2005, 12:28:21 AM »
Okay Mike!
   Here are few financial details on the money I made last year.  I was paid the GS-3 level which was $10.52 an hour.  With the overtime and hazard pay each paycheck was $1,000 dollars, most being close to $2,000 dollars.  Overall I made more than 10 grand this summer.  If I didn't go to college it definately would be plenty of money to spend on flying.  Even with school I have been able to use the extra money plus the few bucks I earn during school to nearly get my license.  So any young guys like me that are actually reading this fire is definately the way to.  You also meet cool people like Mike every day almost.  Plus you might be lucky enough to work with the helicopters like me.
WOW I did that!

fireflyr

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 03:43:33 PM »
And just to give you a little more insight on the fire business, here's an interesting video ;D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fZ96LT-NabE

« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 03:47:04 PM by fireflyr »

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 05:32:57 PM »
HA HA!!     ;D    ;D    ;D

This is GREAT.  But, to be honest, I was kinda expecting some MOONING in there somewhere.......    ;)    ;)    :-*
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 01:15:12 AM »
Congrats sleek :)

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

fireflyr

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 10:59:02 AM »
HA HA!!     ;D    ;D    ;D

This is GREAT.  But, to be honest, I was kinda expecting some MOONING in there somewhere.......    ;)    ;)    :-*
My God woman, you've got a FILTHY MIND ;)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 03:09:35 PM »
Jim: How did I miss that video? I just saw it? I would've laughed out loud but I got a very dry throat from the flu, at least it no longer hurts my head when I cough.
That was so awesome! And to soccermom, I also had a bad feeling about that third guy comming in with his hands on his belt! But I'm so glad I was wrong! One more question, the second dude, was that a dude or dudette?

In any case, that was so fantastic and my sincerest  |:)\ to those people, and their colleagues! Now if only I could save that on my harddrive, assuming it's not copywritten of course.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

undatc

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 10:09:13 PM »
Lucky you man.  Im going into my senior year here and im already about 50k give or take.  Looking at another 20k at least for my last year.....

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 01:34:30 AM »
Haven't seen this thread in awhile, so congrats Sleek.  I actually have loans now (s%$#) and have to make my first payment this week.  Only 14 years and 11 months left.
WOW I did that!

fireflyr

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 06:49:50 AM »
Haven't seen this thread in awhile, so congrats Sleek.  I actually have loans now (s%$#) and have to make my first payment this week.  Only 14 years and 11 months left.
Hey Chukar, 14 yr 11 mo is a light sentence for the added potential benefit of your education---I admire all you young folks getting educated to better serve your families and mankind---I'd like to offer a giant ATTABOY/GIRL to all of you who are struggling with the hard work of educating yourselves. |:)\

undatc

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 07:00:22 AM »
Hey Chukar, 14 yr 11 mo is a light sentence for the added potential benefit of your education---I admire all you young folks getting educated to better serve your families and mankind---I'd like to offer a giant ATTABOY/GIRL to all of you who are struggling with the hard work of educating yourselves. |:)\

Hey thanks man, I appreciate the kind words, this is my 5th year in college, i started back home when i was 15 so its been a long trek.  Im hoping the pay off is worth it.  Though the way the FAA has been jerking current controllers around, its a scary state to be in...