Author Topic: issues with getting student pilot certificate  (Read 3519 times)

Offline arandomguy

issues with getting student pilot certificate
« on: August 28, 2007, 03:03:50 PM »
 ::wave::Hello, my brother and i are having an issue with getting out student pilot certificate. We both got our medical when we were 15 and a half because we were flying at the time. When it comes time to solo, we didn't have our student pilot certificate and our instructor told us to go to the doctor who gave us our medical and get the certificate. Our doctor says we need a new medical even though we have a current third class. So, my question to you is do we need a new medical or should we go to the FAA district office and get our certificate?   ??? 

so basically I'm just some random guy who joined this cause i felt like it, yay first solo, me and my bro did it the same day!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: issues with getting student pilot certificate
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 04:46:54 PM »
When you firstwent you should have asked for the SPC/medical combined (yellow copy). He probably gave you the white copy which is the medical only---he has probably disgarded the yellow by now. In order for him to give you a SPC he would have to start all over again which means re-doing the medical. You can go to any designated examiner or the FAA and fill out an 8710 (Airman application form) and get a student pilot cert, it will not cost anything---although a designee may charge you.
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline want2fly

• Fledgling
Re: issues with getting student pilot certificate
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 04:54:33 PM »
i thank you G-man for you help. I got a call back from the FSDO and they told me what we would need to do to get one. Thanks again
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 05:04:11 PM by want2fly »
If all else fails, read the directions.