Author Topic: Peace and quiet!  (Read 19675 times)

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
Peace and quiet!
« on: August 28, 2007, 10:45:59 AM »
Not a single plane in the sky =

::complaining: ::banghead:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::banghead:: ::complaining:

::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick::
It's all Greek to me!

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Re: Peace and quiet!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 11:35:51 AM »
Very true, Very true Fellas.

Before you know it, the cruise lines will start advertising how "Green" it is to travel by ship again.  Just a two week passage from California to China, and only 4 days from New York to Southampton.  How Romantic...
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline want2fly

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 01:46:58 PM »

Before you know it, the cruise lines will start advertising how "Green" it is to travel by ship again.  Just a two week passage from California to China, and only 4 days from New York to Southampton.  How Romantic...

Just don't get sick on the ship! ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick::

I just couldn't live without planes in the sky, the keep me sane!  ::loony:: ::rofl:: ::loony::
If all else fails, read the directions.

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 03:03:54 PM »
For those of you in the US, remember right after 9/11 happened? It was so freeky - there were NO planes to be heard any where!(I actually had my private checkride scheduled for that day...didn't get to fly for a long time after that.)  And there were backups on the mail, medical supplies, food. This strip nails it. I guess some people don't realize how much aviation affects their lives untill some fool outlaws flying. ::complaining:
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline Thunder Eagle

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 05:33:37 PM »
Nice change-up on the strip, guys!  I imagined maybe the packages were being mishandled by our favorite inept aviator, and reeled at the thought of Billy's kidney being mistaken for mail-order steak.

Very timely - I had just read this story: http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/ResidentsurgedefianceofFAAoverrunwayshortening_195997-1.html

Offline want2fly

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 09:30:46 PM »
I live under the traffic patter of a decent size airport and nobody in the neighborhood seems to have a problem with it and not many are pilots. I wonder what kind of planes they are flying off that 460' runway?
If all else fails, read the directions.

Offline adam9er

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 09:55:17 PM »
I live under the traffic patter of a decent size airport and nobody in the neighborhood seems to have a problem with it and not many are pilots. I wonder what kind of planes they are flying off that 460' runway?

they want to shortten the runway by 460'

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
  • "Fly Fast, Fly Low, Turn Left"
    • Alaskan Aviators
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 10:17:43 PM »

Pretty quick for the china trip...the marble and granite countertops I ordered were a month on the water.  'Course that's a container ship.

As for 911....a lot of Alaskans were out hunting in their stripped out Super Cubs and other "Bush Planes" with no radios and didn't know there was a no fly.  An F-16 is easily capable of shooting down a Super Cub...but has a heck of a time slowing down enough to stay on his wing!
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 02:19:21 AM »
Nice change-up on the strip, guys!  I imagined maybe the packages were being mishandled by our favorite inept aviator, and reeled at the thought of Billy's kidney being mistaken for mail-order steak.

Very timely - I had just read this story: http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/ResidentsurgedefianceofFAAoverrunwayshortening_195997-1.html

This is what FAA gets for not pressing criminal charges against Mayor Richard Daley of Chicago after he unilaterally closed Meigs Field (in Downtown Chicago) by spraypainting the security cameras black and then had bulldozers tear up huge X's down the runway --- all at around 2AM!  Mayor Daley defended his action by declaring Meigs Field a security risk.  This was made more ludicrous by the fact the the US Dept of Homeland Security had already stated that Meigs Field was not a risk to the city.

In the end, the City of Chicago was fined something on the order of 15 million dollars (i.e., chump change)for closing an important reliever airport in violation of US Federal laws and agreements that the city had with the Federal Government.  So now these characters in Florida are yelling at their city council to go ahead and do as they please with the airport, since the FAA is a paper tiger.  After all, they didn't bother going after Mayor Daley now did they?

It is enough to make me puke.   ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick:: ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead::
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 11:35:11 PM by Rooster Cruiser »

Offline Remmuh

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 03:33:37 AM »
Great Strip.  But would have been better if the people in the last frame were the same ones in every frame completely oblivious that they caused them selves the problems by getting rid of the airport with the "noisy planes".

Just my $.02

Love your comics wish I could have made the con.

-Jeff
Instrument rated private pilot, currently working on commercial.

Offline Franz

• Cockerel
  • Glider Pilot
    • Sportfluggruppe Leck
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 10:36:30 AM »
I don't know whats wrong with all those people, especially as most airports allready existed before the people who cannot stop complaining moved there.
There are people complaining about a plane above their houses once or twice a week or even GLIDERS . . .  ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo::
But still they won't take a ship or a train to get them to business meetings or their holydays.

Reminds me of something I've seen printed on trucks:
'Without me the highways would be really empty. Just like your fridge'
or
'As long as you cannot send apples via e-mail, we've got to share the roads'

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 12:49:31 PM »
First thing I would do if such a thing would happen would be to get in plane and fly until I am out of fuel

Darn it, lets ban their grill!
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 01:21:28 PM »
This is what FAA gets for not pressing criminal charges against Mayor Richard Daley of Chicago after he unilaterally closed Meigs Field (in Downtown Chicago) by spraypainting the security cameras black and then had bulldozers tear up huge X's down the runway --- all at around 2AM!  Mayor Daley defended his action by declaring Meigs Field a security risk.  This was made more ludicrous by the fact the the US Dept of Homeland Security had already stated that Meigs Field was not a risk to the city.

In the end, the City of Chicago was fined something on the order of 15 million dollars (i.e., chump change)for closing an important reliever airport in violation of US Federal laws and agreements that the city had with the Federal Government.  So now these characters in Florida are yelling at their city council to go ahead and do as they please with the airport, since the FAA is a paper tiger.  After all, they didn't bother going after Mayor Daley now did they?

It is enough to make me puke.   ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick:: ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead::

I saw that on one-six-right..
It almost send me to tears and I don't even fly!
15 million won't even start to cover it!
It's all Greek to me!

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 02:12:36 PM »
Yes, Scorp.  That land was worth Billions.  All so Mayor Daley could turn it into a city park named after HIM!!!  It is being called a "Legacy Park" to show all future citizens what a benevolent Mayor he was.  Nevermind how much he lined his pockets while he has been mayor. 

::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo::
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 02:15:45 PM by Rooster Cruiser »

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 02:46:28 PM »
Come to think of it, we also had our share here in Greece.

When Athens got its new airport, they closed down the old one. They orphaned one of the biggest airclubs in Greece too, since the new one is a NO-GA-WHATSOEVER airport..
Now they are making a park there.. I have to say though, Athens needs the green desperately so it's not all evil. But this is Greece where VFR and GA are considered a sin words and...well don't get me started  ;D As the Greek GAs said: "Why can't you at least fit a 600m strip there?"

But those bulldozer Xs on Meigs.. Man, I've never hated anyone in my life so far. That thing came close!

Hehe.. I'm being emotional again.. Logging off for some  ::drinking::
It's all Greek to me!