Author Topic: Little Rock Airport Evacuated  (Read 11360 times)

airtac

Re: Little Rock Airport Evacuated
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 07:53:58 PM »
There's several levels of awards for the mile-high club--if someone else is the pilot, you just get the plain silver wings--------
If you ARE the pilot, you get gold wings------
I have the gold command pilot wings with two stars and an oak leaf cluster (given to me by my wife and the autoplilot company) ::angel::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 11:30:24 PM »
Hmmm-mmm....  I had no idea this was all so complicated!  I don't even want to know about earning the oak leaves....  Hmmm....  I'd better study up on this stuff!  Does the FAA have a study-test-question book for this, too?!?    :-[
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 02:25:05 AM »
Hmmm-mmm....  I had no idea this was all so complicated!  I don't even want to know about earning the oak leaves....  Hmmm....  I'd better study up on this stuff!  Does the FAA have a study-test-question book for this, too?!?    :-[

"We're the FAA. We do not have a sense of humor."

airtac

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 03:20:21 AM »

The only literature available is either the FAA's 'Practical Test Standards for Airborne Sexual Success' (PTS-ASS) or go to your local smut shop and get 'Wanda Makes the Airlines' ::thinking::

Oh, the Oak Leaf Cluster thing---------well, uhhhh, er, ah, you see, aw shoot, ---Guess I can't it outloud :-[

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 03:59:53 AM »

The only literature available is either the FAA's 'Practical Test Standards for Airborne Sexual Success' (PTS-ASS) or go to your local smut shop and get 'Wanda Makes the Airlines' ::thinking::

Oh, the Oak Leaf Cluster thing---------well, uhhhh, er, ah, you see, aw shoot, ---Guess I can't it outloud :-[

Ya have to bring certain... equipment along. Some folks can earn the clusters without mechanical help... but a few of the folks who tried came back... changed.

airtac

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 03:57:46 PM »

Ya have to bring certain... equipment along. Some folks can earn the clusters without mechanical help... but a few of the folks who tried came back... changed.

Cretainly brought my voice up by an octave ::)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 05:14:08 AM »

Cretainly brought my voice up by an octave ::)

Uh,,, please forgive my ignorance... I am a stupid old truck driver after all, but I'm afraid you lost me around the time you mentioned oak leaf clusters!   ;D ::unbelieveable:: ::banghead:: ::loony::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

airtac

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2007, 02:02:40 PM »
No such thing as a stupid old truck driver---through natural selection, the stupid ones eat themselves to death at truck stops and fast food joints  (care to super size that order so you can become really obese while you sit on your ass for 10 hours ?) ::knockedout::

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 08:15:04 PM »
Hey, I resemble that remark!!!

We're getting a lot of stupid truckers nowadays as a result of a driver shortage. Companies are getting desperate and have lowered their standards considerably.
While I've spent most of my adult life in the cab of a truck, I feel little enough loyalty that I can look forward to something like Dynalifter easing the pressure a bit.
Heck, I'll stand in line to learn to fly one o' those things.