Author Topic: Little Rock Airport Evacuated  (Read 11364 times)

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
Little Rock Airport Evacuated
« on: August 24, 2007, 10:46:36 PM »
8-24-07

Little Rock National Airport, Little Rock, AR was temporarily evacuated this afternoon due to a misunderstanding with the TSA.
A photographer was challenged when attempting to board a plane, as the TSA agent on site did not recognize the various batteries, power supplies, etc. in the photographer's camera bag.
The agent deemed this a threat and the agency ordered the evacuation of the airport until someone with more than a shadetree GED could be consulted.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Little Rock Airport Evacuated
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 11:29:33 PM »
is this a joke?

it's not in the humor thread . . . so maybe not.
I've been to Little Rock, didn't even know they had security.....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 11:32:32 PM »
It prolly didn't look like Bubba's Wife's vibrator batteries, so he had to call it a threat. ::rofl::

Typical Bubba... ::banghead::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 12:04:48 AM »
is this a joke?

it's not in the humor thread . . . so maybe not.
I've been to Little Rock, didn't even know they had security.....

Not a joke. They made Mrs V and Zoe stand out in the sun while they tried to sort it out.

They don't have security, per se, unless you consider the 5 oz. bottle of shampoo a threat.
Then they have plenty of TSA goons to jump on your case.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 12:17:29 AM »
woah!

these guys are cowboys shooting from the hip anyways.
In the last 6 weeks I must have carried on my flight helmet bag (with helmet, the exact same set-up each time) probably 23 times and 2 times they needed to double check my bag, the other times they didn't. Explain that to me please!

And here is the funny part:
One guy actually gave me a hard time because the plastic bag I had my shampoo in was a "half gallon bag" and it's supposed to be a "quart size bag" !!
I told him I'd get right on that....

The shampoo bottles were all under 4oz or whatever is legal and both plastic bags are totally transparent....
No wonder when I write about my life, it ends up being a comic strip !!  ;D ::rofl:: 8)

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 01:32:39 AM »
Every night at work, I see 3 TSA agents checking the bottom of every FedEx and DHL truck with a mirror on a stick before they are allowed on the ramp to load the 727 or DC-9 parked in front of the hangar where I work. I mean really..... in the summer maybe someone might hang on to the bottom and try to sneak in to the airport but I'd like to see em' do it in the winter..... -10 F and 4 miles of slushy roads between the FedEx building and the airplane.... Also they check every SIDA badge before they let the driver open the gate (who needs a valid badge and a 5 digit pin code to open the gate). Must be Burlington VT is a hotbed of possible terrorist activity using FedEx and DHL trucks. Heck, most spots on back side of the airport, all you need to get inside the fence is a stepladder  ::loony::

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 01:54:45 AM »
....and most of the time, the 'test' packages make it through.

Mrs V was sitting in front of one of the suspected terrorist types: a photographer for USA Today.
I wonder whether we'll see an article...

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 10:09:57 PM »
yeah . . . it's a scary thing if you think about it, huh?!

airtac

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 03:38:39 PM »
yeah . . . it's a scary thing if you think about it, huh?!

The solution is pretty simple---everybody leaves their bags at the departure airport, flies (rides) naked, and picks up someone elses luggage at the arrival airport  ::thinking::

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 03:51:51 PM »
The solution is pretty simple---everybody leaves their bags at the departure airport, flies (rides) naked, and picks up someone elses luggage at the arrival airport  ::thinking::

I like your thinking.....Knowing my luck I would end up with some "strippers" luggage and trust me....I would probably not be a pretty sight leaving the airport..... But the flying naked thing... Could be fun
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 03:59:54 PM »
Actually I read that there are in fact someone that have planned charter planes for nudists  ::rofl:: although I think they said the crew would be clothed.

As I posted in the other thread then a danish pilot saw a guy get thrue security with a six-pack of bear that wasn't transparent and was over the minimum container-size just because he had a reciept from the airport-store, am I (and the pilot who posted it) the only one seeing the problem with that?

Sadly there probably isn't an easy or fast solution, but they/we should still keep at it though I think, just every once in a while step back and evaluate how things are actually going (at least this technique works for me).

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
  • "Fly Fast, Fly Low, Turn Left"
    • Alaskan Aviators
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 01:24:06 AM »
Actually I read that there are in fact someone that have planned charter planes for nudists  ::rofl:: although I think they said the crew would be clothed.

Frank...hate to break this to you buddy, but there are charter companies that specialize in getting people in to the "Mile High Club".
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 08:28:33 PM »

Frank...hate to break this to you buddy, but there are charter companies that specialize in getting people in to the "Mile High Club".

There's a guy near here who hauls skydivers in his single seat Cessna 206, and he also offers Mile High flights for those who don't mind a pilot being present.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 01:19:40 AM »
CJ5+Velo: LOL why am I not surprised. Has anyone seen the first Austin Powers movie with Mike Meyers? I personally thought that was one groovy 747, outside and inside  ::rofl::

Any news on the security situation at airports btw?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 04:09:07 PM »
There's a guy near here who hauls skydivers in his single seat Cessna 206, and he also offers Mile High flights for those who don't mind a pilot being present.

Mmmm....  wowwww.....  a ratty, filthy, single-seat SKYDIVE 206?!?!  HAaaa HAAAAAAAAAAAA, man, is THAT a romantic image or WHAT?!?    ::loony::

Teeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now, THERE'S a real catch............    :D

;D            ;D            ;D               ;D              ;D           ;D            ;D              ;D             ;D            ;D             ;D                ;D              ;D            ;D

Don't make me come back there!!!!