Author Topic: Chuck's shoes...  (Read 12065 times)

Offline adam9er

Re: Chuck's shoes...
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 01:24:19 AM »
try 8+ hr flights with combat boots on

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 04:40:18 AM »
I was fortunate enough to fly in Hawaii for 7 years, did not even own a pair of shoes for 5 of them. I flew barefoot for the whole time...it does make you a better pilot, it teaches you to be gentle on the pedals, otherwise it hurts. Most people apply a few pounds of pressure to each of the pedals and then push more with one to apply it. When flying barefoot, you dont apply any pressure unless needed, hence you fly smoother...

G man, clearly you have never flown a Pilatus!  That sucker requires heavy rudder application in a crosswind.  I would not want to try it barefoot.
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 04:44:13 AM »
This is a good reminder to me to NEVER take my shoes off in flight with passengers on board!   ::unbelieveable:: ::sick::

When I was in truck school classroom, our teacher wore sandals with no socks. My clothes smelled like feet after that!  ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick::

Just wait til you go over the road, dude.  Your seat and azz start to smell equally nasty after 18 hours in the saddle, trust me.  When it comes time to hit the sleeper, its as much to allow yer seat to air out as it is to get some rest!

I used to keep my window open no matter how hot or cold it was just so I could get some fresh air in my truck.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 11:39:04 AM »
Do you mean they will smell as a pair of boots after a month trekking in Nepal? (when I came back home my mom looked at them and say "they - whatever they are - go to the bin!")
Welcome to the forum adam9er!! |:)\  |:)\
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 06:36:30 PM »

Why on earth would you want to try to fly in combat boots----when I was in the Air Force,(albeit back seat), we flew in "flight boots", and yes I flew more than eight hours in one flight---19 hours with in-flight re-fuelling was the longest.

"G-man, clearly you have never flown a Pilatus!  That sucker requires heavy rudder application in a crosswind.  I would not want to try it barefoot."

Whats a "Pilatus"? I thought it was some kind of duck...but I'm guessing it is a plank, huh?  ::thinking::

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 08:42:14 PM »
yeah, what is this mysterious Pilatupus you speak of ??  :o

who makes it? and how well does it hover out of ground-effect at 7000ft and 25 degree celsius??

::angel::

Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 09:12:05 PM »

who makes it? and how well does it hover out of ground-effect at 7000ft and 25 degree celsius??

Found it...Does'nt look like it will be much use for bucket work though!!!!

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 05:21:54 AM »
When I'm flying on long flights in the back, I like to take my boots off.  A big help if you're wearing boots is foot powder.  I got started using it because of times when my feet would get wet and I wouldn't be able to dry out my shoes and socks normally.  Blisters are bad!    The foot powder also keeps the moisture away from your foot and a side effect is less smell.  ;)
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 07:27:15 AM »

Last I checked, a Platypus was a duck-billed, egg laying mammal native to Gibbo's homeland...  ::thinking::

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus

G-Man, that pic looks like an upside-down goose decoy with wings attached to it!   ::rofl::

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 05:24:01 AM »
It just occured to me, don't some people cook chicken feet for some purpose or other? EWWWWWW!

I'm glad I suffer from cold feet (possibly bad circulation) since it limits foot-sweat, however when I need to drive with sneakers on to feel the soft carpedals in the winter...... or even sitting indoors in the winter, I usually need to wrap my legs in several blankets to form a make-shift thermo-bag when I sit at the desk.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline adam9er

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 01:46:24 AM »

Why on earth would you want to try to fly in combat boots----when I was in the Air Force,(albeit back seat), we flew in "flight boots", and yes I flew more than eight hours in one flight---19 hours with in-flight re-fuelling was the longest.

i was a avionics tech and whenever i flew on our upressureized un sealed helicopter i had to wear the same steel toed ciombat boots that i work in