Author Topic: Chuck's shoes...  (Read 12100 times)

Offline RagDragger

• Fledgling
  • Indian Name: Running Tab
Chuck's shoes...
« on: August 21, 2007, 02:10:15 PM »
I laughed right out loud.  Heck, on hot days I fly shirtless.  One fellow pilot logs what we call NPIC- Nekkid Pilot In Command.  Thankfully, everybody flies solo.
God looks out for drunks and dumb animals.  Fortunately, I qualify on both counts.

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
Re: Chuck's shoes...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 02:38:41 PM »
So...  ::thinking:: That explains that tattoo on his foot!!!!
It's all Greek to me!

Offline want2fly

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 04:09:19 PM »
I think there should be a law, that if you take off your shoes in a confined space, they must not smell.
If all else fails, read the directions.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 04:35:58 PM »
 ::rofl:: as soon as I read it I thought of the character Kimmy Gibbler from the old tv-series Full House! (The one with Bob Saget, John Stamos, Dave Coulier and the Olsen-twins).

Frank
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 04:39:31 PM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 07:27:02 PM »
This is a good reminder to me to NEVER take my shoes off in flight with passengers on board!   ::unbelieveable:: ::sick::
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 07:29:40 PM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 07:43:03 PM »
This is a good reminder to me to NEVER take my shoes off in flight with passengers on board!   ::unbelieveable:: ::sick::

When I was in truck school classroom, our teacher wore sandals with no socks. My clothes smelled like feet after that!  ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick::
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 11:46:40 PM »
EEWWWwww! ::sick:: ::sick::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 01:38:56 PM »
One of my former flight instructors would take his shoes off on long x-cs, especially ones at night after his feet were nice and ripe ::sick::  ::unbelieveable::
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline want2fly

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 03:16:55 PM »
I am so glad my instructor will never take his shoes off no matter how long the x-cs are.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 07:04:21 PM »
I must consider myself lucky! I never had such instructor. But to tell the truth, I remember when I was in London studying, in the first school the teacher smelled a lot and used to take his shoes off.  ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick:: one day I could not stand it anymore and I bought a bottle of perfume, leaving it on the desk to breeze in the room as soon as he was over.....
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 07:22:25 PM »
Hmmm...I'm usually wishing I'd worn heavier socks while flying.  Besides, I'm not sure I could take my shoes off in the C-150 if I tried!  Sure as heck couldn't put them back on again in the cockpit!  ::banghead::

Phil  ::cowboy::

Offline want2fly

• Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 12:01:46 PM »
tundra, just wear flip-flops, get em on and off quite easily in a c-150.

note: I am not liable for all the people making fun of you for wearing flip-flops.

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 03:12:49 PM »
tundra, just wear flip-flops, get em on and off quite easily in a c-150.

note: I am not liable for all the people making fun of you for wearing flip-flops.

I don't think they even Sell  flip-flops in Fairbanks  ::rofl::

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 03:48:16 PM »
I was fortunate enough to fly in Hawaii for 7 years, did not even own a pair of shoes for 5 of them. I flew barefoot for the whole time...it does make you a better pilot, it teaches you to be gentle on the pedals, otherwise it hurts. Most people apply a few pounds of pressure to each of the pedals and then push more with one to apply it. When flying barefoot, you dont apply any pressure unless needed, hence you fly smoother.
As for the smell---non.....the only reason your feet smell is because  they are stuck sweating inside socks and shoes. It did take me a year to get my soles back to a "normal" color after I returned to the mainland though.....
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 06:16:27 PM »
As for the smell---non.....the only reason your feet smell is because  they are stuck sweating inside socks and shoes. It did take me a year to get my soles back to a "normal" color after I returned to the mainland though.....

woah...
I bet you HATED wearing shoes when you got back.
And now you gotta wear the leather boots to fly on fires. . . . what a difference.... :P
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.