Author Topic: Comic-Con 2007 Pictures  (Read 19778 times)

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
Re: Comic-Con 2007 Pictures
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2011, 11:27:50 AM »
Sweet! Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing! Glad to see the cheerleader is still safe!  ;)

Offline YawningMan

• Cockerel
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2011, 10:03:49 PM »
Most of my friends are openly geek, but I'm not interested enough in an actor to pay them just to get them to sign some scrap of paper. If I had anything to do with them, I wouldn't mind making friends with them on terms outside of their work. Unless, of course, my job, for whatever reason, has me working with a celebrity and we just hit it off somehow. (Talking about airplanes? Harrison Ford, maybe.)

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 10:16:27 AM »
Most of my friends are openly geek, but I'm not interested enough in an actor to pay them just to get them to sign some scrap of paper.

What? You have to pay them for autographs? That is.. I don't know... somehow pathetic. I mean, I understand that you have to get something out of it if you sit at a convetion table all day, but I thought it was just to interact with the fans etc., maybe sell books, keep the general interest up etc. How much do they charge for an autograph?

Offline Ragwing

• Rooster
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »
What? You have to pay them for autographs? That is.. I don't know... somehow pathetic. I mean, I understand that you have to get something out of it if you sit at a convetion table all day, but I thought it was just to interact with the fans etc., maybe sell books, keep the general interest up etc. How much do they charge for an autograph?
And finally the man himself, WILL I AM SHATNER, aka Luke Skywalker. Only $80 an autograph. And several thousand people lining up to get one (including one good looking CHICKENWINGS member  ::whistle:: ). He must just be thinking "GET A LIFE! CHA-CHING$$$!!!"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2011, 05:41:58 PM »
damn!

I went about this all wrong at AirVenture!

Maybe this could have paid for my flight . . .  ;) ;D
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2011, 10:19:03 PM »
Most autographs are about $40. William Shatner charges the most. I usually only get bout 3 per year. That's alot of money. Being a trekkie I got Marina Sirtis, Ethan, and Nichelle this year. I just got pictures of the others. Last year it was Shatner, Koenig, and Summer. Yeah you can go through the money quickly. When I went in High school autographs were for free! Man times have changed.  :-[ :-[
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Kilrah

• Fledgling
    • Photo gallery
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2011, 08:48:17 AM »
Wow. Never seen that around here. I'd never pay for an autograph, IMO it defeats the whole idea of "relationship" and the pride you get from having someone you admire sign you a piece of paper to share his activity/passion. It's a short moment that is shared by people who have the same interest at different levels, not a supermarket... I'd really have no pride in having an autograph because I bought it. Has to be an incentive from the person to give a bit of himself, otherwise it has no value to me.
I work with someone who often gets to sign some - and I never could imagine the same kind of human exchange I see when he does if there was money involved.

Guess it's again one of those cultural differences - but as you say it wasn't that way before, it might just be plain business.

:(
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 08:51:17 AM by Kilrah »

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2011, 11:30:40 AM »
And finally the man himself, WILL I AM SHATNER, aka Luke Skywalker.

I hope this was a typo!!  ;D

When I went in High school autographs were for free! Man times have changed.  :-[ :-[

Yeah, I guess somebody who didn't give a crap just started it and then the bad habit spread. But on the other hand, if you have thousands of people line up if you charge, imagine how long the line would be if it was for free. And raking in a few grand just for signing... I see how that offer might be hard to turn down. Still, I think it looks like they're "taking advantage" of their fans.

But I just remembered that we charge five bucks extra if you order a book from our store signed.  :o  But at least I usually draw a little Chuck in there as well. For our big and long term fans we do it for free though! And we never charged for signing at a venture...

Wow. Never seen that around here. I'd never pay for an autograph, IMO it defeats the whole idea of "relationship" and the pride you get from having someone you admire sign you a piece of paper to share his activity/passion.

Okay, we're in the clear! I don't think we're admired!  ;D

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2011, 11:19:53 PM »

Alright, you asked for it. And since I am probably the closest, I am going to go and stalk you. Bad Voslau, was it?
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2011, 03:52:35 PM »

Alright, you asked for it. And since I am probably the closest, I am going to go and stalk you. Bad Voslau, was it?

That's what we *want* you to believe... while we're chilling on our yacht in Monte Carlo!  ;D

Offline YawningMan

• Cockerel
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2011, 04:15:03 AM »

That's what we *want* you to believe... while we're chilling on our yacht in Monte Carlo!  ;D

No doubt making a living by signing pretty ladies' ... ahem... assets...  ::unbelieveable:: and requiring payment for the honor.  ::bow::

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 05:20:18 PM »

No doubt making a living by signing pretty ladies' ... ahem... assets...  ::unbelieveable:: and requiring payment for the honor.  ::bow::

Dude! you weren't supposed to tell everybody, remember?!
What happens on the CW boat STAYS on the CW boat? !!

You're now banned from the yacht, YawningMan!
 ::sulk::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.