Author Topic: Comic-Con 2007 Pictures  (Read 19782 times)

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
Comic-Con 2007 Pictures
« on: August 06, 2007, 05:37:18 PM »
Hi folks! Mike and I are now both back to our daily routines and I finally found the time to flip though the photos and select a couple for you to show you what Comic-Con was like! Of course you'd have to have been there to really grasp the dimension and the spirit of this event! We were totally blown away by the amount of people and the sights to see! But here's a little glimpse...

This is us at our table on the first day, shortly before the con opened for preview night.

Amazing similarities... No, wait I'm not wearing a red hat!

This is a view from above. Can you spot our table? It's in the bottom on the right. This picture was taken right at the beginning of preview night. So imagine about 5 times as many people here on the other days. The floor was bout 10 times as big as the section you see here.

Bantha Pudu, Ho ho ho! Jabba was so kind to let us take a picture with him!

The San Diego division of the storm troopers. And a couple of TIE figher pilots. Didn't see and TIE fighter flybys though...

Pop culture fusion... An Elvis Storm Trooper!!

This guy had an awesome costume! Or was it a costume?!?!

We were interviewed by Justin and Tom from Comics Coast to Coast. Check out the podcast here: http://www.comicscoasttocoast.com/ (scroll down to "Episode 10 - ComicCon").

Some pirates. Doesn't the one guy look totally like Orlando Bloom?!

A lot of people asked for a sketch in their sketchbook. With some it was a real honor to be in one book with some really amazing artists!

A well-deserved beer (Orion from Okinawa) at a great Sushi place in the San Diego Gaslamp Quarters.

Chuck on his way home on the last day. Amazing how he never lost his bright smile!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Comic-Con 2007 Pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 01:31:50 AM »
WOW! Look at those beautiful women! Now that's what I'm talking about! Keep those supermodels in bikinis, those two red-head storm-troopers (or is that one in the front a jedi?) and that pirate-woman are beautiful  :o |:)\ ::bow:: Edit: After thinking about it then I think the lady in the foreground of the troopers could be cosplaying as Mara Jade, it fits with the outfit, lightsaber and hair. And that pirate-women's outfit is as beautiful as she is, why don't more women wear something elegant and detailed like that instead of those drab things they call fashion?

And with that over, it looks like you had some great fun there. Pirates, storm-troopers and a Elvis-Stormtrooper are regular features at these cons according to Jen Breeden and co. and it seems you didn't miss them there either :D That Predator outfit was fantastic as well btw! Although personally I also think that anyone with a good mood and spirit are nice and it sounds like there were a lot of those there :)

Did you meet many other webcomic artists? You should've arrived in Panaca Jane on the parking-lot that would've been funny  ::rofl:: or a Roost Air painted Chickenhawk (C172) :D
Ok, I just woke up after sleeping thrue what I think is a danish tropical-night (not under +20C the entire night) so I'm a bit weak from being baked so sorry for the sillyness, I just wanted to make up for lost time. All I saw today, err, yesterday was a An-2, Cirrus and Bell 222 at Odense Airport (the same Bell that landed at the hospital right next to the road me and my mom were driving on a few days ago, I heard the clapper and suddently just a few car-lengths there was Airwolf landing with the wheels down :D).
Frank
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 01:34:16 AM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 07:08:46 AM »
WOW! Look at those beautiful women!

Yes, there were lots of them! There were also lots of the other kind!  ::) And there were many where you had to look close to find out what it is! But that's part of the fun, especially with everybody running around in costumes.  ;D  I didn't even recognize half of the outfits anyway...

You should've arrived in Panaca Jane on the parking-lot that would've been funny  ::rofl:: or a Roost Air painted Chickenhawk (C172) :D

That would have been funny indeed! The parking lot was underneath the convention center!!  :o

Now when is Trade a Plane gonna start publishing you again?

I didn't know they stopped publishing us!  ::thinking::

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 01:38:07 PM »
Yes, there were lots of them! There were also lots of the other kind!  ::) And there were many where you had to look close to find out what it is! But that's part of the fun, especially with everybody running around in costumes.  ;D  I didn't even recognize half of the outfits anyway...

LOL!! The other kind!!  :D :D I remember in high school, me being one of the cool kids  ::) I was in the school Star Trek Club. We went to several Trek Conventions. The Supervising teacher pointed out to me at the first one we went to:
"you notice there's no good looking girls here?"
Dude you're at a Star Trek convention. You know things are bad if you're going to a Trek convention to pick up chicks. Looks like you guys had better luck than we did. All those good looking ones.  ::drinking:: ::drinking::
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 05:20:12 PM »
HA HA!

Yeah, you could telll that a few of the kids at the convention WILL get their @$$es kicked again as soon as the next school day comes around. But here they were having a good time with friends who are just like them. So, that's a good thing I think.
I really enjoyed the wide array of different people walking around actually.

One interesting thing was that not a single one dressed up in costume stopped by at our booth. After a day we pretty much knew, if he/she was wearing a costume . . . they'll keep passing by our booth. Must be that they are interested in different things than chickens flying airplanes. Like my brother said, we didn't recognize half of the costumes, so it was a mutual thing I guess.

btw: Hey Rooster! What do you mean about TAP??
I still get checks from them and the last magazine I picked up had us in it...
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 09:19:07 AM »
Would you consider pilot uniform a costume Mike? :)
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 03:08:43 PM »

btw: Hey Rooster! What do you mean about TAP??
I still get checks from them and the last magazine I picked up had us in it...

Oops!  Sorry Mike.  Last time I picked up TAP I couldn't find your strip, so I just figured they had dropped you.  Glad to find out I was in error (again).

(...But, what can you expect from a stupid old truck driver???  Hehe.)  ::loony::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

airtac

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 08:19:22 AM »
Plenty of beautiful women in San Diego, Frank.  If you go to the beach there, you first need to master "Pecker Control"!  Hehe. 

"CONTROL"? HAH, Lord Pudly thinks for himself ::whistle::

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 01:48:10 AM »
WHADDUP CHICKENS!! I thought I'd update this spot to something sort of related. I just came back from a nerd convention in Toronto, where it was Sci-Fi, Comics (no Chickenwings though!! ::complaining: ) Anime, and horror. Not much into most of it, but I loved the Sci-Fi part. So I thought I'd post some pictures of the convention.

The first is not at the convention, but just experimenting with the camera. How can that not be one of the cutest pictures you ever did see? ::angel:: ::angel:: ::angel::

Sean Astin. Played some character in some movie series called "Bored of the Rings: The Two-Plus Hours" or something like that. Also played Rudy, and a Goonie, but I got him to autograph a Memphis Belle Movie poster where he played Rascal, the ball turret gunner. Was happy to start telling me  about the making of the movie as well.

Some dude hogging the shot with Sean

Kate Mulgrew, AKA Captain Janeway of Voyager

I forget her name, but she play Gabrielle in Xena Warrior Princess

Henry Winkler, AKA the FONZ!! EEEEHHHHHHH!!!!!

Micheal Rosenbaum. Plays Lex Luther in Smallville

Some unknown movie character

Brent Spiner, AKA Commader Data

Some ugly mug, and HELLBOY!!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 01:21:26 AM by FlyboyGil »

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 10:35:46 AM »
I think you have a stalker Gil that same bloke turned up in your "thunder over Michigan" pics as well  ::unbelieveable:: ::eek::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 01:45:17 PM »
Wow, looks like fun!
me and my friend want to go after going to the army going to comic-con,will you still be there in 6 years from now?  :P
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 11:32:37 PM »
Wow, looks like fun!
me and my friend want to go after going to the army going to comic-con,will you still be there in 6 years from now?  :P

I'm a nerd. Of course I'll be there in 6 years. Still living in my parents basement as well.

And the Xena girl's name is Renee O'Connor. Just couldn't think of the name when posting!

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 08:54:25 AM »
Wow, looks like fun!

I'm a nerd. Of course I'll be there in 6 years. Still living in my parents basement as well.

And the Xena girl's name is Renee O'Connor. Just couldn't think of the name when posting!

At least your parents have basement  :P
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 10:52:14 AM »
Ok if a nerd lives in a basement what do you call some one who lives in the attic/loft/bedroom up stairs?  ::thinking:: and none of you smart a%$e remarks aritac!!
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 01:20:01 PM »
That might be... uber nerd? or upper nerd?   ;D
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen