Author Topic: some questions  (Read 5730 times)

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
some questions
« on: August 05, 2007, 02:17:28 AM »
I was thunking lately about sonme stuff lately,and I found no answers yet,so I've decided to ask here.

1.If a cessna 172 is tied doan to the ground with very strong cables,and a wind coming from in fornt of him,will the cessna airborn? and if it will,the pilot can move the plain in its place?

2.Is it possible that a beoing 747 sitting on the runway and start moving forward,and the runway is a belt spinning the opposite directio at the same speed the plane is moving,will the plane airborn? consider that the wheels can implode

3.A plane was taken to outer space,they put some cells that produce air from nothing o the engines,will the plane move forward because of the exhaust gases?

4.Can anyone give me the aviation's ABC? (alfa,bravo,cahrlie,delta...)

5.Is it possible that a plane will got hit by the missile he launched?

Well,thats it.
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
Re: some questions
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 03:01:00 AM »
1.If a cessna 172 is tied doan to the ground with very strong cables,and a wind coming from in fornt of him,will the cessna airborn? and if it will,the pilot can move the plain in its place?

Purely hypothetical, of course it could! Think flying a kite.. And the pilot would still have the controls working. Practically, however, well..  ::loony::

2.Is it possible that a beoing 747 sitting on the runway and start moving forward,and the runway is a belt spinning the opposite directio at the same speed the plane is moving,will the plane airborn? consider that the wheels can implode

If the wheels can spin (no brakes), why not? All it would do would be to spin the wheels at twice the speed producing a little more friction. As with the above question, it's all about the air flowing through the wings. Nothing to do with what the plane does or what the wheels do or what the ground does. As long as the air (that is relative airspeed for you ;D ) produces lift it will fly!
Now for an actual 747? only an engineer could tell you if the wheels can handle it and it sure will need more runway to get to the air.

3.A plane was taken to outer space,they put some cells that produce air from nothing o the engines,will the plane move forward because of the exhaust gases?

Yea, a jet engine that is! That is exactly what spacecrafts do! They burn stored oxygen (air in your question) and fuel and push the "exhaust gases" backwards to move forward..
A propeller aircraft of course won't! Props move the air backwards so if there's no air to push then nothing will happen  :)

4.Can anyone give me the aviation's ABC? (alfa,bravo,cahrlie,delta...)

Alfa Bravo Charlie Delta Echo Foxtrot Golf Hotel India Juliet Kilo Lima Mike November Oscar Papa Quebec Romeo Sierra Tango Uniform Victor Whiskey X-ray Yankee Zulu

5.Is it possible that a plane will got hit by the missile he launched?

No, or at least, I hope not >:D  It's moving at many times your speed and it's looking the other way. Quite impossible to have it cross your path again, see you, lock on you and still have enough energy (speed) to track you and hit you.. Those missiles' engines actually only run for just a few seconds.

That's my try, hope I've nailed it! Guys?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 03:15:05 AM by AirScorp »
It's all Greek to me!

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 03:45:30 PM »
I bet you did. It is, however, important to note, that plane on a belt will be running, because it is actuall air what do engines interact with to make the airplane move, not ground through wheels. Forget about cars.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 05:21:18 PM »
Good answers, guys. 
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 05:27:42 PM »
yeah,that answered the questions (just a moment,there's f-16 sufa flying low).
Fabo,whenever you want to have a flight to israel at IVAO,just let me know,i might could ATC LLBG ground for you.
BTW,im going to upload some planes flight manuals...
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 07:32:54 PM »
I was told, not sure the validity of this thou, that when the SR-71 was built, it was supposed to be a long range super fast interceptor.  On initial testing, it fired a heat seeking missile, passed the missile, it then locked on him and he had to out run the missile.  Probably a wives tale but if it is true, it would prove the concept.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 07:49:15 PM »
that sound plaussible,i heard that all the sr-71 pilot needed to do to outrun a missile is to increase speed,so that actually make sense.
BTW,did you know that the SR-71 is designed to leak on the ground and low speeds?
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 08:34:53 PM »
I was told, not sure the validity of this thou, that when the SR-71 was built, it was supposed to be a long range super fast interceptor.  On initial testing, it fired a heat seeking missile, passed the missile, it then locked on him and he had to out run the missile.  Probably a wives tale but if it is true, it would prove the concept.

Yea but unless the SR71 collides with the missile while it is overtaking it, then the missile can never catch up anyway so it can't hit you  ::whistle:: Unless you want it to right?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 08:36:40 PM by AirScorp »
It's all Greek to me!

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 03:03:46 AM »

I don't remember the missile story, but it was designed as an interceptor.  Didn't take long to figure out that a 20 mile turning radius does not a good interceptor make.  I think there was a bomber version as well, but the thing was too vulnerable when it slowed down to drop the bomb.  And I don't think it could carry more than two.  I did a report on this bird in college.  My favorite story was the ground speed check from Sled Driver.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 04:18:55 PM »
Fabo,whenever you want to have a flight to israel at IVAO,just let me know,i might could ATC LLBG ground for you.

Shame, thre was a bunch of guys from Slovakia flying there some weeks ago :) Anyway, I wait untill you are ready to Approach at least  ;) |:)\
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."