Author Topic: Ain't Fair......  (Read 3157 times)

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
Ain't Fair......
« on: July 13, 2007, 09:26:06 PM »
I had to take the last 2 days off because my Windstar (Yes... I drive a mini van) decided to eat it's Alternator... Well I borrow a car today to drive to work to pick up my paycheck and what do I see on the ramp???? not one, not two but THREE Lockheed T-33's ::eek:: And since I had a borrowed car I didn't have my Airport ID with me (I keep it in the van) so I couldn't even go on the ramp to drool on em'  ::banghead:: ::banghead::

As I was leaving work the crews were just starting their preflights to leave so they won't be there tomorow either  ::complaining:

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline arandomguy

Re: Ain't Fair......
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 04:10:24 PM »
aww, such bad luck, i hate when that happens   :'(
so basically I'm just some random guy who joined this cause i felt like it, yay first solo, me and my bro did it the same day!

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
  • "Fly Fast, Fly Low, Turn Left"
    • Alaskan Aviators
Re: Ain't Fair......
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 06:22:18 AM »
Dude, I feel for you.  When I was a CAP cadet back in the early 80's the Air Force was still using T-33's here in Alaska.  Heck I still have a VERY bad picture of an A-10, F-15 and T-33 in formation floating around somewhere.  I tried several times to beg, borrow or steal a ride in a T-33 but it never happened (came close to a ride in an OV-10 Bronco, but still didn't make it).  Sweet birds...last time I saw one wasin 1999 in Reno at the air races.  Gotta love that classic heavy iron.
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.