Author Topic: For those who have worked the Line  (Read 3000 times)

Offline AirtransRecon

• Fledgling
  • FL90...?!... Contact Houston Space Center
For those who have worked the Line
« on: July 01, 2007, 03:51:15 PM »

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
Re: For those who have worked the Line
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 03:35:24 AM »
HA HA AH  ::rofl::  ::rofl::  ::rofl:: Sounds like one of my Saturday Shifts. Except that instead of fueling, insert Wash and Wax King Air. And my international includes aircraft arriving for customs. 99% from Canada. I tell ya watch out for those Quebec Pilots... (The rest of the Canadian guys are alright) They don't speak much English and the fact that Crossed wands mean STOP seems to elude them. However one of the Bell Helicopter test pilots is a pretty hot stick, I can tell when he's coming in (the 50 knot hover taxi is the first clue) followed by the 180 degree pedal turn and then flying backwards into the parking spot  ::rofl::

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline AirtransRecon

• Fledgling
  • FL90...?!... Contact Houston Space Center
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 10:45:03 AM »
Don't get me started on the international students. The worst ones are those who actually speak decent English and still manage to screw up every command from the tower, ground controll and line signals. Scares the hell out of me to know I'm flying to the same airports with these goofballs.

We get alot of Kingair traffic down here as well. Seems to be a popular bird these days.

KW

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 12:45:01 AM »
Yeah... KingAirs...
I think I mentioned before something about the dimwad King Air driver who ran up his engines right in front of where I was fueling a high-wing Cessna....  ::complaining:

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 02:14:39 AM »
Three weeks ago when Ed Shipley was through customs in Frank Borman's F-86 Sabre, he did a run up just after I parked him.... at FULL POWER!, one of our Pilots personal Cessna 170 was parked about 200 feet behind and 30 feet or so the the side of the sabre (good thing) as it was nearly jumping out of the chocks. The wind was blowing the jetwash sideways a bit, I had to run over and grab hold of a wing strut to keep her on the ground. Now I parked him where I did on the "normal" assumption that he would shut down immediately and when he left use only the thrust needed to get rolling, not go to 100% thrust as soon as I was far enough away from the intake to not be FOD  ::rofl::

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."