Author Topic: HOAX :D  (Read 36202 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: HOAX :D
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2008, 02:58:02 PM »
That reminds me I have a freind who lives in Penang  ::thinking::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2011, 06:25:36 AM »
Time to bring this thread back up from the vault.  The ever-so-persistant Barrister Abdullah has sent me another email after a 2.5 year lull in our correspondence.

Hello Cruiser,

how are you Cruiser? and i do hope you are in the best of health. I am sorry i have not been able to be in constant communication with you due to my health concerns. I sincerely do hope that your interest in the transaction i proposed to you is still in existence.

Please do acknowledge if we are able to still continue our prior discussions and together find a way to execute this transaction and make the best out of the situation. I am still in contact with the bank in possession of the funds are i am still in the position to present you as the next of kin to the late client.

Please do knowledge your position and let us proceed without further delay.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely.

Barr Abdullah.

"Most interesting" says I.  I haven't heard from this guy in this long and now he wants to proceed without further delay?  Plus, he addressed me by "Cruiser", not my first name, no Mr, nor Capt, or any honorific.  Plus, my last name was very poorly copied and pasted into the form letter in a different font.  Methinks a Barrister would pay more attention to such niceties when he's talking about a supposed 7 figure settlement.  I guess he forgot about the email I sent him back then that told him he'd been made.  OK, I'm gonna start it all over again!  Perhaps the original Barrister sold his 'client' portfolio to another hacker.  If so, I'm gonna have fun with this piece of pig$h!t as well.

My Reply:

Hello Barrister Abdul,

Thank you for sending me another email.  I will repeat what I wrote to you two and a half years ago.  Once you have sent me all the information I have requested from you, we may proceed.

Ok. On the off chance that your late client may have been my next of kin, I will reply to you.
You wrote that you were your client's closest friend and confident for several years until his death. If true, I would like you to send me the following information:
Your client's FULL name.
His Date of Birth
His height, in inches
His eye and hair color.
Any picture you have of him.
This information should be easy for you retrieve if you two were so close. Once you have sent this information to me, I will review it and then determine if your client may have actually been my next of kin.
Additionally, I will require the following information from you:
A copy of your Law Degree
A copy of your Business License
A copy of your License to Practice Law in your country of residence
A description of your Law practice, and what part of Law you specialize in.
At least 3 references from past or present clients who will testify to your business practices. I will need full names, positions, and contact information that I can verify.
I will await your reply. I will release no personal information of mine until I have all the above information and I have it independently verified.
Thank You,

RC

Lets see if the prick rises to the bait.   >:D
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2011, 11:47:31 PM »
I hope he does take the bait. I wanna see how far this will go!!  ;D ;D
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2011, 09:53:53 PM »
Barrister Abull took the bait.

Hello my friend,

My main interest is to accomplish the release of this fund. I have made it known to you that this transaction is quite legal, has no form of adverse legal implication of any form and absolutely risk free. You should try and hasten up so that we proceed with the legal process by sending the basic information I requested. I will like to call you latter today but don't know the best time to do that.

If you can come here in person, that will aid immensely in speeding up the time we need to complete this transaction, if not, there is no problem..

If you are willing to proceed now, you should send me the basic
information I requested which includes.

1) Your full name
2) Your contact address and phone number for easy communication.

Once I have this, I will commence the legal process and update you as I proceed.

I wait to hear from you.

Regards,
Abdullah

How curious, says I.  He used my name "Cruiser" in his previous email.  Now he can't remember my name... just calls me 'friend'.  He agains tries to get me to act hastily, and asks me if I could come to wherever he resides.  He still hasn't told me exactly where that may be but from earlier research I know he's in Malaysia.  Anyway, I've got a little time on my hands so I replied yet again.

Greetings again, Barrister Abdul,

I appreciate your persistence in this matter.  However, I will repeat again the information I need from you before we can proceed:

Your client's FULL name.
His Date of Birth
His height, in inches
His eye and hair color.
Any picture you have of your late client.
A copy of your Law Degree
A copy of your Business License
A copy of your License to Practice Law in your country of residence
A description of your Law practice, and what part of Law you specialize in.
At least 3 references from past or present clients who will testify to your business practices. I will need full names, positions, and contact information that I can verify.

Additionally, I require a Death Certificate of your late client which clearly shows his full name and the date of his death.

Once you have provided me will all the above information (and I do mean all), I will then determine whether your late client was in fact my next of kin. Until this happens we cannot proceed with the claim on the bank account. I also need you to give me those references (most important) as well as the names of what professional associations in Penang you are a member of. I am unable to find your business listed in the Malaysia International Chamber of Commerce, the Penang Indian Chamber of Commerce, or the Penang Chinese Chamber of Commerce. According to one of your earlier emails, you said you were your clients close friend and confident for several years before his death. This means you have been in business for at least the past 10 years. I am surprised that I am unable to find a website for your law practice if you have been in business for that long.

Again, I will emphasize that I need proof of your authenticity before I release any personal information about myself to you.  If time is so short you should have no difficulty sending me the information I have requested of you.

I will await your reply.

I didn't give him my name at all.  We'll see if he replies with even a portion of the information I asked of him.  If nothing else it'll force him to take time running around on a wild goose chase which will prevent him from suckering someone else more gullible.  My civic duty, you could say.   >:D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:28:37 PM by Rooster Cruiser »

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2011, 11:15:39 PM »
Actually, if it wasn't too creepy to give out your phone number, I guess a phone conversation with that guy would probably be quite interesting!

And is this guy's name Abdul or Abdullah now? (Or is Abdul just the short version?)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2011, 11:25:06 PM »
Whoops!  Good catch, Stef!  He is still signing his name as Abdullah.  Not that I think that is his real name.  He stole someone's identity.  Under no circumstance would I even consider giving him my telephone number.  It would be too easy to for him to charge things to it.  In reality, I have nothing to say to this scum sucker.  I'll just let him continue to spend his time trying to get it from me!  Hehe.   ;D ::rambo::

RC

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2011, 11:42:53 PM »
we had a guy trying to trick us by pretending to buy books and shirts from us wholesale and selling them in Australia not too long ago.
I was messing with him for a while but then got tired of it. If I can still find the emails I'll post them.

I guess the more time we mess with them the less time they have spamming  other innocent people......
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2011, 11:47:05 PM »
In reality, I have nothing to say to this scum sucker.  I'll just let him continue to spend his time trying to get it from me!  Hehe.   ;D ::rambo::

RC

SOCK IT TOO 'EM DOG!!!
 ::wave:: ::wave::
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2011, 11:05:49 AM »
we had a guy trying to trick us by pretending to buy books and shirts from us wholesale and selling them in Australia not too long ago.
I was messing with him for a while but then got tired of it. If I can still find the emails I'll post them.

Poor Gibbo :(
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2012, 08:23:49 PM »
Some Aussie girl actually scammed the scammers!  Unfortunately, she spent the money they scammed and is now in jail for it.  Too bad...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/australian-woman-turns-tables-nigerian-scammers-175755518.html

RC

Offline Kilrah

• Fledgling
    • Photo gallery
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »
Love those scams, some are just so ridiculous... but some manage to come up with some interesting replies...
Reminds me of this one, that made me spend a whole evening ROFL back then, opposite way of yours, but so hilarious...

Reply in post #8

http://www.flightlevel350.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2874

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2012, 09:27:01 PM »
Yeah!  Heck of a letter, Kilrah!  Were you the author?  Hehe.   |:)\

RC

Offline Kilrah