Author Topic: HOAX :D  (Read 36231 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: HOAX :D
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2008, 10:00:50 PM »
what are you going to do? tell him that you are the chairman of Roost Air? lol
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2008, 11:05:59 PM »
Actually, that is not a bad idea....
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2008, 07:45:38 PM »
I'm getting really pissed off at these characters.  I just received another email attempting to play upon me by referencing my long-lost brother, saying he died of heart failure in Malaysia shortly after he lost his family in the Air France Concorde crash back in 2000.  What utter rot!  The last time I received this email my late brother was supposed to have died in an airliner crash in the Middle East back in '98 or so.  I sent this person a reply telling him to piss off, and he had the balls to reply to me with a form letter!

I'll post this correspondence here in the near future.  I'm afraid the internet is very slow tonight where I'm at (Zulu +2).

It really chaps my hide that some dirty bastard is tearing open an old wound for me!

::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2008, 02:08:35 PM »
Ok.  Here goes.  This was the first email to me, dated Wednesday 19 November.

RAZAK & CO.
NO. 7.7, GROUND FLOOR
PENANG STREET
PENANG
TEL: +60-1699-69244

Dear Rooster Cruiser,

I am Abdul Razak Yaacob, an attorney at law. A deceased client of mine,
by name Mr. Big Brother Trucker, who here in after shall be referred to as
my client, died as the result of a heart-related condition on the 11
November 2001. His heart condition was due to loses and shock from the
death of all the members of his family on 25th July, 2000 in Concord
plane crash [FLIGHT A-{F459-0}] as reported on:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm

I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by
my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the
bank where this deposit valued at Six Million Five Hundred Thousand
U.S dollars ($6, 500 000) is lodged. This bank has issued me a notice
to contact the next of kin, or the account will be confiscated.
My proposition to you is to seek your consent to present you as the
next-of-kin and beneficiary of my named client, since you have the same
last name, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you.
Then we can share the amount on a mutually agreed-upon percentage. All
legal documents to back up your claim as my client's next-of-kin will
be provided. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see
this transaction through.

This will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect
you from many breach of the law. If this business proposition offends
your moral values, do accept my apology. I must use this opportunity
to implore you to exercise the utmost indulgence to keep this matter
extraordinary confidential, whatever your decision, while I await your
prompt response. Please contact me at once to indicate your interest.
I will like you to acknowledge the receipt of this e-mail as soon as
possible and treat with absolute confidentiality and sincerity. I look
forward to your response.

Best regards,
Abdul Razak Yaacob ESQ.

My reply was short, sweet, and to the point.

Dear Mr Yaacob,
A quick google search for Law-Advocates.com shows that this domain is for sale.  Hence, your offer is bogus.  Nice try.  Why don't you go piss off and and try scamming someone else out of their money?

Regards,
Rooster Cruiser.

I thought that would be the end of it.  However, I received another email from said Barrister Abdul just a few hours later;

Dear Rooster Cruiser,

Thanks for your prompt response to my e-mail.Please go through this e-mail with great attention as that will bring closer the picture of what assistance I need from you. I got your contact from a research company based in china, which made it easy for me to come about you. I have labored immensely to get someone with the same last name who will help me in this regard.

Firstly, I want you to comprehend that you were contacted just for the fact that you have the same last, surname as my late client, not that you are necessarily related to him. i will also like to clearly make you understand, that legally, you have nothing to worry about, as far as this inheritance claim is concerned. As a barrister and custodian of law with so many years of experience, I make bold to say with full authority, that this business is totally legal, and safe. 

I was the deceased client’s attorney. This legally, means that I am mandated to carry out any business dealings on his behalf, as if he was present. I was his attorney for several years, until his death. I was his closest confidant. 

My deceased client had no next of kin to inherit the mentioned amount. He is originally from Australia going by the information he provided to me. He sojourned into my country in the late 90's and had vast business interests though his major concern was importation. based on the brief he gave me, he disassociated himself from his people over some family differences and lost contact with them long ago before coming to live and invest in my country Malaysia where he lived until he died in 2001, he never contacted his relatives while he lived here neither did they know where and how he ended up. Sequel to that, I am assuring you that nobody will come up to put claims to this fund anytime any day.

Being his legal assistance when he was alive, I am the only person who can confirm to the bank the claim of any next of kin, and also advice the bank to effect payment to such a beneficiary. I want you to put up a claim as the next of kin to the deceased when authorized to do so, and when the money gets into your account. we will share the found on mutual benefits (60% - 40%). 60% for me while 40% for you. All expenses will be deducted before we share the fund on agreed percentage

If you agree with the term, then this is how we are going to progress with this transaction: 

(a) .I will provide you with some documents for the claim as we proceed.

(b). When the bank receives your claims application; they will immediately draw my attention to it, notifying me that some one has put up a claim as the next of kin to the deceased. I will be asked by the bank to verify the authenticity of the said claim, and recommend to them what action they should take.

(c). The bank on the receipt of my confirmation will now get in touch with you, asking that you present them with your banking coordinates, so that they can transfer the money into your nominated account. When the bank receives your banking information, they will release the money into your nominated account.

(d). You are to scan and send an identification card such as your international passport or driving license. This is to enable me know if you have the capability to contract. 

The above is a very concise explanation of the entire process of this transaction. This mentioned process, will only take some banking days to complete. 

Now, I will only do this business with you, on the condition that you will promise to be absolutely honest with me, and that you will respect the confidentiality of this business transaction, and keep it as such. I will provide you with every necessary prove as and when do as I need to protect my interest in this transaction.

Finally, I need to have your full name, your contact address your private phone number for easy communication.

Regards,

Barrister Abdul Razak Yaacob

Now I am thinking, "What kind of idiot does this guy think I am?"  I may have been born at night, but I sure wasn't born last night!  I did a quick check for a passenger list for AF4590.  I didn't come up with any names, but I learned that there were 96 Germans, 1 American, and 1 Austrian (I think).  No Aussies or Malaysians mentioned.  Since part of this story rang true, I decided to keep this going:

Ok.  On the off chance that your late client may have been my next of kin, I will reply to you. You wrote that you were your client's closest friend and confident for several years until his death.  If true, I would like you to send me the following information:

Your client's FULL name.
His Date of Birth
His height, in inches
His eye and hair color.
Any picture you have of him.

This information should be easy for you retrieve if you two were so close.  Once you have sent this information to me, I will review it and then determine if your client may have actually been my next of kin.

Additionally, I will require the following information from you:

A copy of your Law Degree
A copy of your Business License
A copy of your License to Practice Law in your country of residence
A description of your Law practice, and what part of Law you specialize in.
At least 3 references from past or present clients who will testify to your business practices.  I will need full names, positions, and contact information that I can verify.

I will await your reply.  I will release no personal information of mine until I have all the above information and I have it independently verified.

Thank You,

RC
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 02:12:06 PM by Rooster Cruiser »

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Re: HOAX :D, The Plot Thickens
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2008, 02:20:36 PM »
I love the way this guy tries to suck me in without sending me any information!  He figures I will be greedy enough or gullible enough to get sucked in by the promise of 40% of $6.5 Million.

From: Barrister Abdul Razak Yaacob <barr_abdul@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Briefing from Barrister Abdul
To: Rooster Cruiser
Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 5:18 PM

Dear Friend,

Can you make it here so that every thing will be done while you are here. I wanted to proceed immediately by preparing an agreement of this transaction but you dont want it as fast as possible.

Please let me know the time you are arriving as that will assist us instead of me respresenting you in court here.

Regards
Abdul,

Now according to him it has been seven years since his client died.  Why all the rush, I'm thinking?  How and when did I suddenly become his friend?  And why does he ignore my request for proof of his identity?  I smell a rat.  Here is my reply:

Where is 'here'?  I cannot give any serious consideration to this until I see your credentials and conclusive proof that your deceased client was my next of kin.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 02:22:17 PM by Rooster Cruiser »

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Re: HOAX :D, Still more!
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2008, 02:30:35 PM »
This was in my inbox this morning.  I guess the guy thinks I'll give him something if he starts to pester me with his form letters.

From: Barrister Abdul Razak Yaacob <barr_abdul@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Briefing from Barrister Abdul
To: Rooster Cruiser
Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 4:34 AM

Dear Friend,

I will like to let you know that if we are in any way want to accomplish this transaction, we are going to have some level of mutual understanding. You are the person that will contact the bank. I think every vital information you need will be given to you but it will be when i Know that you are willing to work with me to accomplish this transaction.

I hope all is well with you.

Regards.
Abdul

Two can play this game, says I:

Dear Barrister Abdul,

Didn't I make myself clear to you?  I require specific information from you to prove your authenticity.  I do not do business with complete strangers. 

Money is not the object here.  Information is.

Best Regards

RC

Now lets see if he continues to waste his time with me.  I actually have time to kill, so I don't mind doing this stuff.  If he's wasting his time trying to scam me then he is unable to spend that time scamming someone more gullible.  I'll post more if and when they come in.

RC

|:)\

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2008, 02:37:16 PM »
Oh BTW,  there actually is an A. Razak & Company.  Here is their website:

http://www.arazaknco.com/

The thing I notice is that their email is not the one that this character is using.  I am forwarding all my correspondence to them in case they wish to discover who the imposter is.

RC

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2008, 03:13:24 PM »
so from now on shall we  call you Big Brother Trucker instead of Rooster Cruiser? or is that you alias for international travel?  ::rofl::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2008, 03:31:24 PM »
No, Big Brother Trucker was my Big Brother.  I was his Little Brother; Little Brother Trucker a.k.a., Rooster Cruiser   ;D 8) |:)\
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 06:16:31 PM by Rooster Cruiser »

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2008, 04:27:29 PM »
What about the Mutha Trucka?

Clear skies, Dude.
 8)

Offline cotejy

• Rooster
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2008, 04:35:32 PM »
We all clearly see the objective of those who do those kind of email but I just try to don't understand the objective of those who start chain letters. You know chain letters telling you to forward this email to 10 persons and if you don't, the most terrible things will append. Or if you forward this to 10 persons, a poor little child starving somewhere will be saved,....

You just don't start a letter like this without a reason and we know saving a starving child is not the reason. Then I was thinking about the communication RC had with mr "give me all your information but I won't give you any". Who the hell would fall for this. I mean common, people can't be naive enough to fall for this...

Then I mixed the 2 types of letters. If you think a child could be saved if you forward an email to 10 persons, chances are you might fall for the "I will give you 1000000$ if you help me get my 1000000000000$". So would it be possible that the chains letters are just people scanning for naive people so they can be abused in the "1000000$" hoax. Most of us probably have someone in their contact list that forward those chain list. Not all of them will fall for the 100000$ thing but I would guest "success" percentage is greater with them when you send them the 1000000$ hoax.

But what I just said don't make sense if the person who started the chain letter can get the email back with the emails of all those who fall for it and forward the email. Is it possible? Are they just starting letters and hoping the email will return after a few hops in different inbox? If not, then I just don't understand the reason chain letters exist.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2008, 05:33:23 PM »
I just got one of those again.
Should we have fun with him?

Hi,

Pardon me for not having the pleasure of knowing your mindset before making you this offer and it is utterly confidential and genuine by virtue of its nature.I write to solicit your assistance in a funds transfer deal involving US$3.5M.

This fund has been stashed out of the excess profit made last year by my branch office the International Commercial Bank which I am the manager.

I have already submitted an approved end of the year report for the year 2005 to my head office here in Accra-Ghana and they will never know of this excess. I have since then, placed this amount on a Non-Investment Account without a
beneficiary.

Upon your response, I will configure your name on our database as holder of the Non-Investment Account. I will then guide you on how to apply to my head office for the Account Closure/ bank-to-bank remittance of the funds to your designated bank account.

If you concur with this proposal, I intend for you to retain 30% of the funds while 70% shall be for me.

Kindly forward your response to: icbton@aim.com

Mobile: +233-24-468-5072

With Regards,

Anthony Aka

That's what I wrote Anthony, well see if he responds:

Oh my god, Anthony !!!

You'll have my strict confidence and I hope I can count on yours.
Let me see the bank report.
I won't do it for just 30% though. Business is business.
I get 60% or we have no deal!

Regards,

Hans Uebergroessenbacher
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2008, 09:02:25 AM »
What about the Mutha Trucka?

Clear skies, Dude.
 8)

Well, she wasn't my mother, but Mutha Trucka was a nice gal when she wasn't all liquered up!   Then she could get real mean!  ;D :o ::drinking::

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2008, 09:26:22 AM »
Barrister Abdul is going to long lengths to prove he is for real.  He attached to this email two photos he claims are of him, a business card with one of the photos, and a "Certificate of Appreciation" from a so-called trial lawyers association forum.  The last was rather cheesily done on a computer using several fonts that are not usually used by printers.

RAZAK & CO.
NO. 7.7, GROUND FLOOR
PENANG STREET
PENANG
TEL: +60-1699-69244
 Dear Friend,                               

I am much glad to get your responds. I am glad that I have found someone who will assist me in putting up the claim. Like I told you earlier, this transaction is quite simple and has no form of legal implication. All you need now is to proceed with the process of making the claim. We need to have a legal binding (an agreement) which will govern us in the course of this transaction. Attach are my full identities. I will like to have yours to enable me have a good picture of you as well.

The agreement I am going to send to you will guild us till we accomplish the process of the claim.

I need your contact address to enable me prepare the agreement of this transaction. Also, I need the information requested from you on my previous email.  Please My friend, I will be glad if we finalize this transaction within a short frame of time as the rate of our progress depends on how fast you are complying. 

Attach are my identities once again.I hope this will aid in immensely in bringing us close and as well help in accomplishing this transaction as soon as possible. Have a nice day.
BARRISTER ABDUL RAZAK YAACOB

N/B

I need the following information at the moment
1) Your full names
2) Your contact address
3) Copy of your Identity and phone number for easy communication

I still like the irony of the fact that he keeps saying how short the time is.  Such a sense of urgency after seven years!  :o  Now I have actually researched and found the identical scam email listed on another website, but I figure I am doing the world a service by wasting his time on me.  Here is my reply:

Hello Again, Barrister Abdul,

I have received your documents and the photos of yourself.  They are quite nice.  However, these are not the documents I need from you nor do they provide me with any means of determining whether your late client was in fact my next of kin.  I will repeat again the information I need from you:

Your client's FULL name.
His Date of Birth
His height, in inches
His eye and hair color.
Any picture you have of your late client.
A copy of your Law Degree
A copy of your Business License
A copy of your License to Practice Law in your country of residence
A description of your Law practice, and what part of Law you specialize in.
At least 3 references from past or present clients who will testify to your business practices.  I will need full names, positions, and contact information that I can verify.

Additionally, I require a Death Certificate of your late client which clearly shows his full name and the date of his death.

Once you have provided me will all the above information (and I do mean all), I will then determine whether your late client was in fact my next of kin.  Until this happens we cannot proceed with the claim on the bank account.   I also need you to give me those references (most important) as well as the names of what professional associations in Penang you are a member of.  I am unable to find your business listed in the Malaysia International Chamber of Commerce, the Penang Indian Chamber of Commerce, or the Penang Chinese Chamber of Commerce.  According to one of your earlier emails, you said you were your clients close friend and confident for several years before his death.  This means you have been in business for at least the past 10 years.  I am surprised that I am unable to find a website for your law practice if you have been in business for that long.

I will await your reply.  Time is short for me as I am going on Safari in Africa soon.  Once I am there I will have limited access to the internet.  Do please gather all the documents I have asked of you so we can proceed.  Thank you.

Regards,
RC

I decided to pressure him with a time constraint.  Hopefully this will cause him to redouble his efforts at getting better or more convincing forgeries and waste even more time on me.

I am wondering to myself how long I can stretch this out before he discovers he's been made.  A quick Google search of his name brings up this thread at the top of the search.  I don't mind doing it.  It helps me pass the time while I am on standby waiting for my next trip into the bush.   ::cowboy::

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2008, 09:34:48 AM »
Here's a link to the website I found with nearly identical copies of the first email that was sent to me!

http://www.kingwood.com/messages/here_is_a_new_scam_to_me.php?message_board_parent_id=249981&message_board_category_id=&page=0

The first post is dated back in May.  The second report of this scam is dated Oct 9th and not only is it identical (except for the name of the deceased), it is signed by 'Barrister Abdul Razak Yaacob.'

Can you say, "GOTCHA!"??

::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo::