Author Topic: Ok, just when you think it couldn't get any worse...  (Read 10411 times)

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: Ok, just when you think it couldn't get any worse...
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 04:44:33 AM »
The particle accelerator in Switzerland, used by sciencetits to seek the "particles of God" ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: (¿?) by provoking a "little Black Hole" ::knockedout:: (now, they have'em in "controlable" sizes!) just gave up, before they blowed up OUR whole planet !!! ::loony::

::bow::...God is watching... ::wave::

I can not, for the life of me, figure out what on earth you're talking about buddy . . .  ::silly::

Me neither--UNLESS he is talking about the particle separator operated by CERNE--which is an organisation in the book "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown--author of "The Da-Vinci Code". In the book they create "anti-matter" and it turns into a huge murder mystery--which is a work of "FICTION". CERNE was supposedly based in Switzerland I believe.
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 10:26:26 AM »
there was a test run recently in Europe (think it was in switzerland) they where about to do another one but had to stop due to a electrical failure or some thing.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 09:34:37 PM »
I believe that experiment in Europe, where they were trying to create a miniature big-bang.
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Jean Loup

• Cockerel
  • born under an obnoxious star
    • jean, the barefooted D.i.Y'er
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 05:06:54 PM »
there was a test run recently in Europe (think it was in switzerland) they where about to do another one but had to stop due to a electrical failure or some thing.
...just an intent to get ciclotron supremacy over USA  ::banghead:: who is already behind (& bankrupt)...the $ecret weapon$ bu$ine$$... ::knockedout::

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 09:20:23 PM »
he $ecret weapon$ bu$ine$$... ::knockedout::

hmm... I dont think so. To me it seems as pure science (of course, nobody of eligible armies would disagree with using some side outcome - just as the US used 30s worth of work on atomic research - while justification is different discussion which I will happily attend somewhere else) - no specific outcom expected, just some leads.

... while someone expected this to happen.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Jean Loup

• Cockerel
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 02:55:03 PM »
The $ecret weapon$ bu$ine$$... ::knockedout::
hmm... I dont think so. To me it seems as pure science (of course, nobody of eligible armies would disagree with using some side outcome - just as the US used 30s worth of work on atomic research - while justification is different discussion which I will happily attend somewhere else) - no specific outcom expected, just some leads.

...London was not too happy during WW II, about Werner von Braun's ::banghead:: "pure science"... ::knockedout::

... while someone expected this to happen.
::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 02:57:53 PM by donYan »

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 05:50:39 AM »
...London was not too happy during WW II, about Werner von Braun's  "pure science"...

I always loved that old saying about Herr von Braun, "He aimed for the Stars, and often hit London..."   ;D :P ::drinking::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Jean Loup

• Cockerel
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 03:33:11 PM »
...London was not too happy during WW II, about Werner von Braun's  "pure science"...

I always loved that old saying about Herr von Braun, "He aimed for the Stars, and often hit London..."   ;D :P ::drinking::
::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::  ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ...a nasi co-creator of nasa.... ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::  ::wave::
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 03:36:32 PM by donYan »

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 04:25:41 PM »

http://lhc.web.cern.ch/lhc/

Yes, you're right. the CERN built this thing, which is called Large Hadron Collider under Geneva and is used to recreate small big bangs (since it's considered the first act of the universe, people have been saying that the scientists wants to recreate the particle of God). Now, it's INOP since after just some days they had a failure. I do not know if it started again operations or not yet. the first one anyhow was on Sept. 11 or 12th 2008

I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Jean Loup

• Cockerel
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 02:46:48 PM »

http://lhc.web.cern.ch/lhc/

Yes, you're right. the CERN built this thing, which is called Large Hadron Collider under Geneva and is used to recreate small big bangs (since it's considered the first act of the universe, people have been saying that the scientists wants to recreate the particle of God). Now, it's INOP since after just some days they had a failure. I do not know if it started again operations or not yet. the first one anyhow was on Sept. 11 or 12th 2008

Hello, happylanding ::bow:: how big is a small big? ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: or, how small is a small big? ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::
 ::wave::