Author Topic: Ok, just when you think it couldn't get any worse...  (Read 10410 times)

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
Ok, just when you think it couldn't get any worse...
« on: June 22, 2007, 07:21:51 PM »
they prove you wrong.

http://www.dailyredundancy.com/archives/1018.html

GIVE ME A BREAK.

Black Holes Renamed 'Super High Gravity Locations'
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM - The International Space Nomenclature Council today adopted the term 'emplacements de hauts gravité super' - or 'super high gravity locations' - as the official replacement name for black holes. Originally named in reference to the fact that light cannot escape their intense gravity, the term 'black hole' was increasingly criticized as being insensitive to African-Americans and African-Europeans.

"We're glad the council finally took action on this issue." said Isaiah Herman, Chairman of the National African-American Coalition of People. "The unimaginable destructive power of these super high gravity locations was giving the word 'black' a negative connotation throughout the universe."

Super high gravity locations are the remnants of giant stars that collapse into a substance so dense that it has a gravitational pull that consumes all matter that comes near it. "They're the bad boys of the cosmos." says Nokidi Imsure, Professor of Astronomic Anthropology at Howyflyl University. "You would definitely want to cross the street if you saw one coming."

Early after their discovery, there was little controversy over the former name of super high gravity locations. However in recent years, scientists theorized that most galaxies had massive super high gravity locations at their cores, and would eventually be swallowed up by them. A doomsday overtone began to be associated with the former 'black holes' - even a slang term for something unendingly wasteful developed - prompting the insensitivity criticism.

"There was never any intent to be offensive or malicious." says Imsure, commenting on the original naming of super high gravity locations. "It just seemed to fit at the time. But this name fits well too - it's definitely a location of super high gravity."

"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Ok, just when you think it couldn't get any worse...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 07:52:44 PM »
Particle Accelerator renamed: "Big thing which makes little things go very fast"

in a move to make science more readily understandable to modern public school graduates.

Offline Thunder Eagle

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 08:01:40 PM »
Ta maman est une emplacement de hauts gravité super.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 08:02:12 PM »
Ever notice that there never was an outcry about this from Africa (where there are close to 2 Billion people of the Negro race)? ::unbelieveable::  This is just another wimpy attempt by some spineless idiots to placate a small and very vocal minority of people of Negro descent in the United States who love to flex their politically correct muscles and show everyone how powerful they are. ::banghead::  Up until now, I had had no idea that the term "Black Hole" had any kind of social or political meaning to it unless some Homie from da Hood was talkin' about the neighborhood slut!  Only then, she'd be referred to (maybe) as a "Ho" and nothing more.

So why did these spineless idiots take note of "African-American" complaints?  I thought the EU scientific community would be too snooty to listen to any American sensitivities! ::rambo::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 08:06:38 PM »
OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: HOW IS THAT NEGATIVE FOR AFRICAN PEOPLE'S?!?!?!?!?!?  GET A LIFE!!!! THE NAME WAS NO REFERENCE AT ALL TO PEOPLE!!!!!!!! IT IS WHAT IT IS. A BLACK HOLE!!!! THAT'S NOT A BAD THING!!!! IT LOOKS TO ME SOME PEOPLE GO AROUND LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO SAY THAT THERE IS DISCRIMINATION. HOW MANY PEOPLE EVEN CONSIDERED IT BEING REFERED TO AFRICAN PEOPLE?! THIS TYPE OF P.C. IS GETTING OUT OF HAND. HELL LOOK AT A BOX OF CRAYONS. THE BLACK CRAYON WILL HAVE THE WORD 'NEGRO' ON IT. IT'S NOT MEANT FOR RACISIM, SOME LANGUAGE THAT IS THE WORD FOR BLACK!!!!!!

SOME PEOPLE LOOK FOR THIS SORT OF THING. I REMEMBER WILL SMITH ON THE TONIGHT SHOW. HE POINTED OUT THAT ABE LINCOLN WAS FACING A DIFFENERENT WAY ON THE PENNY THAN ANY OF THE OTHER PRESIDENTS ON THE OTHER COINS. HIS EXCUSE? CAUSE LINCOLN FREED THE SLAVES. :o :o :o :o :o HEY WILL, DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT WHEN "HONEST ABE" WAS A LAWYER, HE WANTED TO SELL SLAVES TO COUNTRIES IN SOUTH AMERICA?!!
LENO POINTED OUT TO WILL, THE OTHER PRESIDENTS WERE DEMOCRATS, AND LINCOLN WAS REPUBLICAN. THE CONSPIRACY WAS SHOT DOWN!!! I DON'T DOUBT THAT THERE'S ALOT OF STRESS FOR AFRICANS, BUT SOCIETY HAS NEVER BEEN MORE TOLERANT THAN TODAY. THEY ARE DOING THINGS THAT ONLY 40 YEARS AGO WOULD'VE SEEMED WRONG FOR ANY AFRICAN PERSON TO DO!!

I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST AFRICANS!! THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM AND ME IS THE COLOUR OF OUR SKIN. THAT'S NOT A BAD THING AT ALL!!! BLACK, WHITE, ASIAN. WHO CARES?? WE'RE ALL PEOPLE. WE SHOULD ALL HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS!! I WOULDN'T PROTEST IF THEY WERE CALLED WHITE HOLES!!! THIS IS THE CRAP THAT STARTS OTHER B.S. STARTING. BANNING THE NAME CHRISTMAS TREE WHEN ON PUBLIC PROPERTY!!!

Well that's enough huffing and puffing for me ::complaining: ::complaining: If anyone finds that term offensive GET A LIFE!!!

IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Hey Wait a Second!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 08:12:12 PM »
The Journal of PseudoScience?!?!?!?

Ok, I've been had.  I posted my reply before I opened the article!  This is a gag on all of us, and we all fell for it!

Whoops!  I got it wrong! 

"THE DAILY REDUNDANCY"
"The Standard of Excellence in Pseudojournalism"

That's pretty good!  Hehe   ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow::
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 08:16:59 PM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Thunder Eagle

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 08:18:38 PM »
We didn't all fall for it.  8)  I'm wondering if even Baradium fell for it, or if he just felt mischievous.

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 08:20:30 PM »
I asked my wife. She isn't at all offended by the term "black hole".

She is, however, offended by the arrogant a-holes who claim to represent all black people. One of the South Park episodes she actually watched with me had a quote from
Token, firmly telling Stan that "Jesse Jackson is *not* the emperor of black people!"

The faint reply from Stan was something like, "He told my dad he was..."

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 08:20:57 PM »
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 08:23:56 PM by FlyboyGil »
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Skygal

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 10:53:30 AM »
I asked my wife. She isn't at all offended by the term "black hole".

She is, however, offended by the arrogant a-holes who claim to represent all black people. One of the South Park episodes she actually watched with me had a quote from
Token, firmly telling Stan that "Jesse Jackson is *not* the emperor of black people!"

The faint reply from Stan was something like, "He told my dad he was..."

Honey, she wouldn't be offended by that because she's a woman  |:)\ and women have  been treated like property since the dawn of creation, regardless of race. 
Thank goodness the world is changing now and I salute men who have opened thier minds to equality. 
Even though this whole thread originated from a spoof, the replies were interesting and as a woman who has seen much discrimination AND much change, I'd like to point out that there are morons out there of all races and genders ( Jesse Jackson and Cindy Sheehan come readily to mind )           
As far as "chairperson" and other gender sensitive politically correct titles, I'd give them "BULL***T" rating.   ::wave::
Have a sweet day

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 08:32:22 PM »
Nothink more to say than OH MY F****** GOD

And do you know what is the worse thing?

Darker people want equality, that is good.

Then darker people want more equality (if you know what I mean)

Then we want equality and we are called racist.

Why can nobody win a racially oriented attack lawsuite when he has been beaten up by the dark side?
Why is someone beating dark sider in defence claimed to be racist and is facing month to years in prison?
Why is someone calling darksider racist againts white men called racist and darksider calling white man racist is called "saying the truth"?

I am sick of this. Yes, we are all equall. Except some of us are more equall then others.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 10:32:48 PM »
Large and powerful advocacy groups are no longer interested in correcting whatever (imagined or real) problem they were formed to combat. They've made careers
of fighting for their cause, and a solution would naturally eliminate the driving cause. So, given the tendency of corrupt people to pursue positions of power, these same
people are driven to exacerbate the problem, rather than solve it, in order to justify their own existence.
Also, they must effectively promote the fiction that individuals cannot solve their own problems, and should always rely on a large group of seedy bureaucrats to do it for them.

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 03:54:01 PM »
Saw the movie "Crash" last night.  Very interesting and very relevent to this conversation.  Funny how life imitates art, no?
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Jean Loup

• Cockerel
  • born under an obnoxious star
    • jean, the barefooted D.i.Y'er
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 05:50:55 PM »
The particle accelerator in Switzerland, used by sciencetits to seek the "particles of God" ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: (¿?) by provoking a "little Black Hole" ::knockedout:: (now, they have'em in "controlable" sizes!) just gave up, before they blowed up OUR whole planet !!! ::loony::

::bow::...God is watching... ::wave::
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:55:14 PM by donYan »

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 08:32:18 PM »
The particle accelerator in Switzerland, used by sciencetits to seek the "particles of God" ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: (¿?) by provoking a "little Black Hole" ::knockedout:: (now, they have'em in "controlable" sizes!) just gave up, before they blowed up OUR whole planet !!! ::loony::

::bow::...God is watching... ::wave::

I can not, for the life of me, figure out what on earth you're talking about buddy . . .  ::silly::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.