Author Topic: Music for Frank?  (Read 6598 times)

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
Music for Frank?
« on: June 05, 2007, 04:51:12 AM »
So as some of you know, I'm a pizza boy.  Driving around I listen to A LOT of radio, one reason I have Sirius.  Anywho, I'm listening to an international techno channel today, and a guy pops on that is from Denmark by the name of Trentemoeller.  Don't know if this is your type of music Frank, but thought I'd show ya his stuff.  Some neat music, I really like his song, "miss you"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=80919512
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Music for Frank?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 12:30:38 PM »
I don't know about him but that song sounds familiar. And as techno goes then that's mild and pleasent to listen to unlike some other so-called-musical songs.

My favourite electronic music is the more classic melodic sounds of Jan Hammer (known from Miami Vice), Jean Michel Jarre and Vangelis. The Alan Parson's Project also made a few instrumental tunes that are pretty good, Mammagamma being a favourite of mine. U96 has made some techno tunes, starting with the big smash hit that was the remix of the Das Boot theme from the old drama serie about a WWII Nazi submarine (btw Das Boot only means The Boat, not submarine).

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 12:41:42 PM »
WOW!!!!!!!!!!  ::silly:: Thanks unatc for bringing this to my attention!

This music's cool! I'll put it in my electronica favourites right next to Schiller!

And some ::complaining: : I have to put up with so much trashy House and RnB music if I'm ever to go to a decent club (you know, the big music houses that all the pretty girls go cause they think it's cool??  ::loony:: ), how can I not love this stuff?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 12:45:23 PM by AirScorp »
It's all Greek to me!

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 12:43:01 PM »
By the way Frank, how is this slashed O pronounced?
It's all Greek to me!

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 01:25:32 PM »
If you really like this kinda stuff, and like a lot of different kinds of music, think about droping a bit of change on a Sirius set up.  Really neat stuff, and a lot of really good music.  No commercials, and the music you hear is all new stuff, usually you hear it about a month before it comes out on regular radio.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 06:22:23 PM »
Huh???? You lost me right from the first sentence.... What's Sirius?
It's all Greek to me!

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 06:44:34 PM »
Sirius is a satelite based radio company.  Similar to XM.  Actually Sirius is buying out XM right now, YaY!  Anyway, for about 120 bucks a year, you get 150+ channels of commercial free, non censored music/talk shows.  Take it anywhere you go.  Really nice for me since I drive pizza right now, and also on those long treks back home.  Get the newest music out there too, tons of interviews with bands, live shows from across the world.  Really good stuff.  I love it, think its probably the best thing I've bought for the car.

www.sirius.com

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 06:48:09 PM »
By the way Frank, how is this slashed O pronounced?
You mean Ø ? That's the danish/norwegian way of writing the 27th letter in the scandinavian alphabet (in swedish it's written Ö like german O Umlaut). I can't really explain how it's pronounced but I can easily make a short mp3 soundfile with me pronouncing it if you want. Btw, Ø is also a word, meaning island. The 28th letter Å is also a word and that means creek (at least in danish).

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 09:04:51 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%B8dgr%C3%B8d_med_fl%C3%B8de
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close-mid_front_rounded_vowel

I think I've got it!!!!!!  ::whistle::

Edit: I knew the island part, I think,  just didn't know it was about danish
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 09:06:47 PM by AirScorp »
It's all Greek to me!

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 09:18:35 PM »
From the Sirius site:

c) Service Area. We offer the Service solely in the continental United States. If your service address is not in the continental US, your SIRIUS Receiver (as defined below) will not be activated to receive the Service.

Now let's see... I'm not even in the same hemisphere (west-east) as the continental US... :'(
::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony:: You think if I apply to migrate they will take me???????  ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony::

It's all Greek to me!

airtac

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 01:15:53 AM »
From the Sirius site:

c) Service Area. We offer the Service solely in the continental United States. If your service address is not in the continental US, your SIRIUS Receiver (as defined below) will not be activated to receive the Service.

Now let's see... I'm not even in the same hemisphere (west-east) as the continental US... :'(
::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony:: You think if I apply to migrate they will take me???????  ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony::

Don't know why not, Hell, we have 13 million Mexicans in California only about 60% of whom a legal---we could use a few more Greeks 8)

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 05:26:39 AM »
I know they were talking about going international.  Maybe when they buy out XM they will.  Until then, get an online membership!   ::unbelieveable::

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 09:08:02 AM »
Don't know why not, Hell, we have 13 million Mexicans in California only about 60% of whom a legal---we could use a few more Greeks 8)

Hehe.. Thanks tac!!! That comment made my day  :D Will see when I have that university degree to show for my self..
...stopping now before I get all too serious again  ::rofl::

I know they were talking about going international.  Maybe when they buy out XM they will.  Until then, get an online membership!   ::unbelieveable::
Will see about that... Lots of music to hear on my PC anyways  ::whistle::
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:15:55 AM by AirScorp »
It's all Greek to me!