Author Topic: R.C.A.F. Anthem  (Read 5868 times)

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
R.C.A.F. Anthem
« on: June 03, 2007, 01:59:13 AM »
Greetings All. Most of you who've chatted with me or seen my posts know I'm a Canadian, and a flag waver at that!! Canada has a proud history. At the end of WW2, was one of the largest airforces in the world (I believe 4th. Not bad for a countries whose population at the time was only 10 million!) . In fact most British Commonwealth pilots, and indeed US Eagle Squadron Pilots trained in Canada.

OK Gil what's your point? Well first of all I'm addressing myself in the third person ::loony:: Inthe US, you guys had Souza write the music of the different forces: airforce, navy etc. We have a neato Airforce anthem. I'm not sure who wrote it, but I think it's a real good tune!! Does our Airforce proud. Included is the link to the anthem!! Enjoy! ::wave::

http://www.airforce.ca/kitshop/images/best%20marchpast.mp3
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 02:09:16 AM by FlyboyGil »
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: R.C.A.F. Anthem
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 04:12:31 AM »
I do believe I drank copious amounts of "alkihol" to the sound of a canadian crew singing some patriotic tune in Greenwood, way back in the mid 80's. (Could not get your link to work---but probably the same tune...)
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 04:27:51 AM »
I do believe I drank copious amounts of "alkihol" to the sound of a canadian crew singing some patriotic tune in Greenwood, way back in the mid 80's. (Could not get your link to work---but probably the same tune...)

I think you need quick time player. I think that's what it's called.  :)

airtac

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 08:50:21 AM »
Hey Gilly I don't remember the RCAF anthem But I do remember my parents singing "God save the King" after watching a movie in the theater.  (b.Swift Current Sask)
Souza composed a lot of stuff here but I know he didn't do "Into the sky, junior birdmen" (whatever) for the USAF ;D

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 01:46:49 PM »
Nice tune.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 03:35:33 PM »
Hey Gilly I don't remember the RCAF anthem But I do remember my parents singing "God save the King" after watching a movie in the theater.  (b.Swift Current Sask)
Souza composed a lot of stuff here but I know he didn't do "Into the sky, junior birdmen" (whatever) for the USAF ;D

I don't know about that song. Didn't he write the "Wild Blue Yonder"? ???

airtac

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 08:48:09 PM »
Well color me wrong again ::rofl::
You are more than likely right---I just never cared enough to find out ::wave::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 02:04:54 AM »
Man oh Man, Gilly -- I listened to that, and I was overcome!  I immediately ran to the fridge, grabbed a Brador, turned on the hockey game, and starting yelling in French.  It was just like being HOME!!!    ;D

;D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 02:54:44 AM »
[Conehead voice on]: You come from France?

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/76/76nconeheads.phtml

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 01:27:36 PM »
Man oh Man, Gilly -- I listened to that, and I was overcome!  I immediately ran to the fridge, grabbed a Brador, turned on the hockey game, and starting yelling in French.  It was just like being HOME!!!    ;D

;D

Or like being in North Dakota.  But add Norwegian to that.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...