Author Topic: Ring Finger vs. Index Finger --- Where do You Fall?  (Read 12225 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Ring Finger vs. Index Finger --- Where do You Fall?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 06:17:00 AM »
As I said in the chat yesterday then I'm once again the exception that confirms the rule ;D  ::wave::

Frank
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 06:23:03 AM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 10:47:02 AM »
UH OH...think I'm in trouble here.. ::drinking::...on my left hand both ring and index are they same length, and then I close my right eye, hey I can count to 5  ::drinking::
THEN on my right hand my ring finger is longer, so if I close my left eye I can spell Ornithorhynchus (that's a Platypus for you non-marsupial owners :)::drinking:: but when I open both eyes and look at both hands  ::drinking::  everything is a lot harder to 5pe11 and c0un71ng is r311y hard.... but if i wrap both hands around this cold bottle here....
::complaining: OH NEVER MIND.... I think I'm just as airtac once told me......irreverent  :D :D  ::drinking::

::sulk:: ::sulk:: ::drinking::

Tell us what kind of marsupial you own and you may be today's winner in the CW wierd pet contest ::bow::

airtac

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 05:13:28 PM »
While we're talking of index fingers, I've noticed there seems to 2 main variances in flipping someone off (the bird-American style)  (oh yeah babe, this is scientific alright !)  ::whistle::

1. Three fingers folded against the palm and held in place by the thumb with index finger protruding full length
                                                            OR
2. Three fingers bent at the second knuckle with index finger extended alone from second knuckle and thumb aligned with side of palm

International versions vary but the general meaning is one of derision and disrespect.  ::rambo:: ::complaining:

How about a straw poll on versions------Oh shoot, I should have started a new thread.....................lets keep it clean OK ::type::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 07:16:02 PM »
UH OH...think I'm in trouble here..
Uh oh, Gibbo....  I think you have a potentially severe case of Digital Crownie-itis...  Doctor, Doctor!!!!!!!   ;)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 07:55:21 PM »
Mom do you think it will be permanent?  :-\  Dang i hope so  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 05:57:12 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 08:06:21 PM »
Wow, for your sake, I hope it is, too!!!!!!!!!!  And, hey, could you infect the rest of us??!?  PLEASE!?!??!?    :D

8)

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 08:16:32 PM »
::rofl:: No probs Mom....honest it doesn't hurt abit..it's kinda calming.  ::drinking:: ::loony::

Airtac....here is my pet Bilby "Bluey" ;) ...our two Spaniels aren't real sure if we chose the name for our new pet wisely or infact if we chose our pet wisely  ::rofl::
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 08:18:47 PM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 04:44:14 AM »
You can have those as a pet? It sure is cute though :)

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 04:50:42 AM »
::rofl:: No probs Mom....honest it doesn't hurt abit..it's kinda calming.  ::drinking:: ::loony::

Airtac....here is my pet Bilby "Bluey" ;) ...our two Spaniels aren't real sure if we chose the name for our new pet wisely or infact if we chose our pet wisely  ::rofl::

Look's like a rabbit made love to a rat! ::thinking:: ::thinking:: ::thinking::
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007, 06:06:58 AM »
You can have those as a pet? It sure is cute though :)

Frank

Franklin.... :P I have to 'fess up, he's not mine :( ....Don't want National Parks & Wildlife raiding my house :o ... :'(  just wanted to win Airtacs CW weirdest pet prize....and No you can't actually have one as a pet (mores the pity they are too cute)...Bilby's are HIGHLY endangered and very protected lil' fellas, foxes and orther introduced preditors have nearly wiped them out, so the conservation guys are trying very very hard to breed them at zoo's and wildlife parks and the like to keep them from extinction....and they are doing a great job too!!!

And Gilly actually i think its a Rat and a Bandicoot :D

P.S. in true CW style i have accidently Hijacked Moms subject..sorry Mom
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 06:33:25 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 05:45:20 PM »
Naw, naw!!  No worries...  if you look REAL closely, you can see he's got a longer ring finger than index finger....  see?  The subject fts.....    ::whistle::

::rofl::

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 08:12:12 PM »
Friend of mine has a pet... sugar glider I believe it's what it's called.

It's a little nocturnal flying squirrel type thing.   When it gets mad it makes this horrible shrieking sound that seems to come from the gates of hell itself.

"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 12:52:26 AM »
Friend of mine has a pet... sugar glider I believe it's what it's called.
It's a little nocturnal flying squirrel type thing.   When it gets mad it makes this horrible shrieking sound that seems to come from the gates of hell itself.

::eek:: ::eek:: Your friend has a Sugar Glider as a PET (or is he just a regular visitor) ??!?!!  SSSHHHH don't tell NP&WL they might be knockin' on the door, you're not 'sposed to have them as pets, eekkk. 
Where does this friend live  ::thinking:: I thought they where native to is big brown upside-down land.  They are a possum BTW, we don't have squirrels...i love squirrels...they're so cute!!  Come to think of it so are Sugar Gliders.  AAWWWW

If you want to see them in action... http://www.gould.edu.au/wildlifecams/videos.asp

Ummm Mom these guys have a longer index..uumm...finger/claw...boy o' boy they can counting like lil' deamons  >:D....Just to keep in with the forum subject  ;D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 06:01:19 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 07:27:03 AM »
He lives in TN and I'm under the impression he got it at a pet store.
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 01:15:29 AM »
Baradium ::thinking:: I had a bit of a poke 'round on the net about owning these lil' fellas. WOW  :o you guys have breeder, Vets, stores that sell 'em, VERY responsible Breeders on the net who won't sell you one unless they meet you in person first!!! State by State laws on owning them.....I must say "I'm IMPRESSED".....but then on the other hand.... ::complaining: I live in their native country and I can't have one as a pet NP&WL won't let us :(  ::sulk:: ::sulk:: ::sulk::....

Thanks For opening my eyes up to this  ::bow::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww