Author Topic: Hahaha, I just found out Denmark lies in Australia  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Hahaha, I just found out Denmark lies in Australia
« on: May 18, 2007, 05:32:04 PM »
I know this is silly but still, I need a laugh to last me over the weekend. I've heard of a city in USA called Denmark (or 2, and then one in Canada I think) but I never knew there was a Denmark in Australia, I just found it by chance when I searched for the keywords "Denmark Australia". It lies down south of Perth in Western Australia and looks pretty nice from what Google Earth shows. Btw for the records, the local name for Denmark is simply Danmark so no big difference really, not in pronounciation either. Sweden and Norway sounds a bit different though from their english names (and are spelled different too, and lets not even beging ot mention Finland, wow, up here if something's confusing it's not greek it's finnish  ::rofl:: )

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
Re: Hahaha, I just found out Denmark lies in Australia
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 06:17:13 PM »
I know this is silly but still, I need a laugh to last me over the weekend. I've heard of a city in USA called Denmark (or 2, and then one in Canada I think) but I never knew there was a Denmark in Australia, I just found it by chance when I searched for the keywords "Denmark Australia". It lies down south of Perth in Western Australia and looks pretty nice from what Google Earth shows. Btw for the records, the local name for Denmark is simply Danmark so no big difference really, not in pronounciation either. Sweden and Norway sounds a bit different though from their english names (and are spelled different too, and lets not even beging ot mention Finland, wow, up here if something's confusing it's not greek it's finnish  ::rofl:: )

Frank

Spaeking of greece.. ellniki/hellas are as well confusing.

Still better then Germany(EN)/Deutschland(D)/L Allemagne(Fr)/Germania(RU)/Nemecko(SK)/Nemethorszagh(Hu) - those guys have maaany names as well.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."