Author Topic: Julio the Unforgiving  (Read 10394 times)

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
Julio the Unforgiving
« on: May 16, 2007, 02:24:39 AM »
 ::rofl::
GREAT STRIP this week!!!! Nice one guys, we needed Julio over here last month when someone at the club ran one the 172SP's into the hangar door and broke the port wing tip light cover  ::banghead::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Julio the Unforgiving
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 02:30:36 AM »
Hehe, great strip. The Cardinal I flew in also suffered such a fate, or rather the stabilator had cracked from being banged into the doors when a pilot was pushing it into the hangar and it'd gotten no less than two drillholes to stop the crack increasing.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 08:42:54 PM »
GREAT STRIP this week!!!! Nice one guys, we needed Julio over here last month when someone at the club ran one the 172SP's into the hangar door and broke the port wing tip light cover  ::banghead::

Ohhhh yeah . . .  the old wingtips with all their covers and lights. . . . :'(
We should have a strip just about those alone, huh?!  ;)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 10:48:19 PM »

Ohhhh yeah . . .  the old wingtips with all their covers and lights. . . . :'(
We should have a strip just about those alone, huh?!  ;)

Mike it'd go on for weeks and weeks  ::rofl:: I'm sure there are tons of stories out there on this one
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 02:12:03 AM »
Well, DUHHH!    ::loony::

I have had plenty of hangars, lightpoles and trees all leap out at me while taxiiing  -- haven't you guys?!?

:P           
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 02:15:13 AM »
Don't ya just hate it when lamp posts just run across the ramp like that? ::complaining:  :D :D
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 02:16:53 AM »
Don't ya just hate it when lamp posts just run across the ramp like that? ::complaining:  :D :D

I agree! They need to be fenced in!  ;D

airtac

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 04:01:47 AM »

Don't overlook parked fuel trucks --had one of them sneaky suckers crack my wingtip at KFAT, they tried to say it was my fault because the truck was chocked and I was moving---HA ! :o

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 04:24:42 AM »

Don't overlook parked fuel trucks --had one of them sneaky suckers crack my wingtip at KFAT, they tried to say it was my fault because the truck was chocked and I was moving---HA ! :o

Detils details ..they always blame the one who's moving  ;D just 'cause they didn't SEE the tanker sneek under there sheezzzch  ::whistle::
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 04:26:26 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

airtac

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 04:30:57 AM »

Detils details ..they always blame the one who's moving  ;D just 'cause they didn't SEE the tanker sneek under there sheezzzch  ::whistle::

EXACTLY MY POINT --I hate it when they don't believe me ::sulk:: ::sulk:: ::sulk:: ::sulk:: ::sulk::

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 06:20:40 AM »
We were getting a new hangar, and chain-link fence surrounded the new concrete pad. This fence was well marked, too.

A supervisor in the maintenance department (who shall not be named here) was checking out a customer's complaint about the
brakes on his Cessna 206. He ran the engine up near the terminal building, and the brakes... didn't hold. I don't know what happened in
the cockpit, but the plane ended up tangled in a mess of fence.

Seven nose ribs, both leading edges needed skin, both wing tips wrecked, nose and one main gear wheelpant cracked up, prop mangled, engine had to come out for strike inspection... we ended up buying the airplane.
Solved the brake problem though.  8)

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
  • "Fly Fast, Fly Low, Turn Left"
    • Alaskan Aviators
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 07:35:57 AM »
Ask Tundra about pushing the Tundra Toy in to a hangar one time.  I remember helping drill holes in new elevator tips......
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

airtac

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 02:32:52 PM »
Ask Tundra about pushing the Tundra Toy in to a hangar one time.  I remember helping drill holes in new elevator tips......

Was that a  "hanger door - 1, Tundra Toy - 0" moment ? :-[
There are more of us than will admit who have had those moments.........................

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 06:47:35 PM »

Was that a  "hanger door - 1, Tundra Toy - 0" moment ? :-[
There are more of us than will admit who have had those moments.........................

Actually we where well past the hangar door, it was the engine hoist in the back that KO'ed the plastic stabilizer tip.  Darn thing snuck right in there when we weren't looking.  ::complaining:

Phil

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 08:56:14 PM »
Come on, Tundra!

Every kid knows you're supposed to chain your hoist down in the corner so it doesn't run around freely all over the hangar !!!
 ;D