Author Topic: Show Us Yer Watch!!!!!  (Read 8127 times)

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
Show Us Yer Watch!!!!!
« on: May 14, 2007, 03:18:47 AM »
Thought this would be a fun topic to start in light of Airtacs comment here to Fabo..... ::rofl::

Nice picture, but your watch is too small---ya gotta get a BIG one like Chuck has so EVERYBODY knows you're a pilot ;D

I'll start with mine  ;D  i think it is just big enough  :D :D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 10:06:09 PM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
Re: Show Us Yer Watch!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 04:11:43 AM »
Here's one of mine (the nicer of the two).  It was actually supposed to be a college grad present, but my grandmother gave it to me early, 9 months early....  I need a new band for it, not to fond of the leather.

-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 04:21:46 AM »
WOW undatc....kewl  ;D
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 04:32:02 AM »
Wow, you guys definately got some cool stuff! Here's my old watch, or what's left of it. My dad bought it for me so those that know my family history can easily guess it's over 10 years old. The patch next to it is the Air Force Academy patch my mom got on her trip to the states in 89 that I mentioned in the chat.

Designwise and function-wise I like this watch I found by chance, however the price..... yikes!

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 04:38:53 AM »
Wow, you guys definately got some cool stuff! Here's my old watch, or what's left of it. My dad bought it for me so those that know my family history can easily guess it's over 10 years old. The patch next to it is the Air Force Academy patch my mom got on her trip to the states in 89 that I mentioned in the chat.

Designwise and function-wise I like this watch I found by chance, however the price..... yikes!

Frank

I actually have a very close friend right now at the academy.  Going into his senior year, just got his pilot school spot, he'll find out for what unit etc later on but he wants to fly the A10.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 08:28:39 PM »
I actually have a very close friend right now at the academy.  Going into his senior year, just got his pilot school spot, he'll find out for what unit etc later on but he wants to fly the A10.

At least he want's to fly a real plane.......

Now I'll run and hide in case an old high school buddy who flies F-16's for the VT Air Guard reads this  ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 11:42:05 PM »
uh-ohhh.....  pilot-guys and watches.....  this isn't good.....!!!!!!    ::)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 11:49:14 PM »
Aw Come on 'Mom it won't be all bad   ::whistle:: ::rofl::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 08:47:45 AM »
Here's mine...   well what mine used to look like anyway.  Mine is quite well used...     but it's one of those stereotypical watches, isn't it?   ::)

Was a gift,  I use the E6B function regularly.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 08:51:09 AM by Baradium »
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 12:50:46 PM »
but it's one of those stereotypical watches, isn't it?   ::)

Yup, there is wayyyyyyyy to much stuff going on on that face.  What happened to the simple watches....

airtac

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 02:44:29 PM »
Baradium, if you alternate right and left arms with that watch your bicep development will be bilaterally uniform  ::), in my youth, I bought a HUGE Swiss chronograph which caused uneven muscular development till I learned that trick---Alas though, I had to get rid of the darn thing so I could carry an extra passenger  ;)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 02:55:01 PM »
but it's one of those stereotypical watches, isn't it?   ::)

Yup, there is wayyyyyyyy to much stuff going on on that face.  What happened to the simple watches....
It's like simple design for cars, no-one makes them anymore, despite the obvious increased difficulty in use. Look at my current watch and dreamwatch, that's clean and practical and imho still very good looking.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 04:04:30 PM »
Here's mine...   well what mine used to look like anyway.  Mine is quite well used...     but it's one of those stereotypical watches, isn't it?   ::)

Mine was a gift as well.  I don't get to use all the functions as much as I'd like, but I do really like the watch.  You don't have to do math to figure out UTC or the 24 hour clock.  For all of it's uses, it actually is a fairly clean design.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 08:58:35 PM »

Woah~!   ::unbelieveable:: That's totally a "Chuck, is that you?" watch !!!  ::rofl::
Does it have a satellite link to zulu-time?
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 09:49:08 PM »

Woah~!   ::unbelieveable:: That's totally a "Chuck, is that you?" watch !!!  ::rofl::
Does it have a satellite link to zulu-time?
::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: oh man what a joke to wake up to! ::bow:: |:)\  (I just slept thrue the afternoon and evening and only woke up a few minutes ago).

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci