Author Topic: Debt and aviation careers.  (Read 3993 times)

Offline YawningMan

• Cockerel
Debt and aviation careers.
« on: December 19, 2007, 11:27:32 PM »
It frustrates me some that I will have to go this route. However, I do recognize my desire to enter aviation as a career. I guess I should consider getting a student loan to get my Private Pilot's License an investment.

I'm not eager to owe even more money than I already do, but I really want to start making my PPL a reality, rather than a dream.

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
Re: Debt and aviation careers.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 01:16:06 AM »
Not sure your age, physical fitness, or desire to fly copter vs planes, but.......  UND and the ARMY have a deal, if you qualify, you get a college degree for free and graduate flying helicopters for the army.  I know also the Marines and UND have a deal where they will pay for part of your degree and give you a pilot spot after college.  Just a thought.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 07:54:47 AM »
Not sure your age, physical fitness, or desire to fly copter vs planes, but.......  UND and the ARMY have a deal, if you qualify, you get a college degree for free and graduate flying helicopters for the army.  I know also the Marines and UND have a deal where they will pay for part of your degree and give you a pilot spot after college.  Just a thought.

And then there's the "degree completion program" in which your degee is paid and you do the military commitment afterwards.  I don't believe there is a requirement as far as where you go to school for it.  A friend of mine did it with the navy and got a degree and her flight training through it.

There are all sorts of programs with the military and you can pretty much go to any school with various branches (it's easier to get into programs with some branches than the others).
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 01:33:45 PM »
Bear in mind that PPL is only a beginning if you want to fly professionally... ::wave:: GL either way
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."