Author Topic: Really sobering read (helicopter-rent vs plane-rent)  (Read 9521 times)

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Really sobering read (helicopter-rent vs plane-rent)
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 08:14:55 AM »
In a 152 you just reduce the fuel you carry to get the weight right.  With two people a 152 usually isn't going to be topped off...
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

airtac

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 03:02:23 PM »
Frank, I totally agree with Phil........ |:)\
In my own experience, I'm 6'3"--230 lbs and have flown in a 150 with students as big as 330 lbs (yes folks, I know how to do a W&B)  ::)
Comfort need not be the prime consideration

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 04:32:26 PM »
In a 152 you just reduce the fuel you carry to get the weight right.  With two people a 152 usually isn't going to be topped off...

That's the check-ride answer. 

Frank, I totally agree with Phil........ |:)\
In my own experience, I'm 6'3"--230 lbs and have flown in a 150 with students as big as 330 lbs (yes folks, I know how to do a W&B)  ::)
Comfort need not be the prime consideration

You're not going to be going anywhere long distance in a trainer anyway.  What's an hour or so with your knees in your chin?
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 04:44:59 PM »
Well as I said before then it's not as much weight as it is width (shoulders) however for my below-average height of 5' 9" with sneakers on then I have relatively long legs, and due to problems with the backside of the kneecaps not being smooth then I can't lift with my knees strongly bent so operating anything with heavily bent legs is out of the question, but as said many times before, a ton of these questions will answer themselves the very next time I get close to an aircraft, I just hope that I get that chance.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci