Author Topic: Cub Sighting  (Read 21325 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: Cub Sighting
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2008, 09:06:28 AM »
is he going to do the covering himself? that will be a pain
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2008, 09:09:12 AM »
Yup I believe the plan is for him to do everything.  He's the guy who got her all gorgeous and fine-tuned BEFORE she wrecked.  He showed me the "before" pictures yesterday...  wowwww...  so pretty!

So...  I hope to get to see it.... 
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 01:47:04 PM »
saw a tv show over here a few years back called salvage squad restoring a DeHaviland Moth or was it a gypsy moth  ::thinking:: anyway thats not important but i saw them recovering the wings and that looked a right pain in the rear
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

airtac

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 03:20:31 PM »
I helped re-cover a couple of Champs and it's really not bad if you know how--I was just assisting a very knowledgeable mechanic who made it look easy |:)\

We used buterate dope which can be quite an experience in itself ::silly::  ::knockedout::
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 03:22:57 PM by airtac »

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2008, 09:17:05 PM »
control line is still around, still use balsa dope and tissue paper but i use a heat shrink covering called solar text or solar film