Author Topic: Speed problems solved in Denmark!  (Read 8705 times)

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
Re: Speed problems solved in Denmark!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 05:22:33 AM »
Actual from what I heard from tons of male comics then marriage and celibacy is about the same except you get free arguments  ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

Frank
HEH HAWHAW---Frank, you ought to be a comedian----THAT"s funny ::rofl::---but true ::complaining:

I have to agree with airtac, unfortunately Frank, THAT'S FUNNY and true
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 05:24:33 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 02:43:34 PM »
Can't you just make her get a manual license?

I got a kick out of this one.   :D

Frank:  There was an accident over here yesterday (the 24th) where a driver pulled in front of a semi because he was working on his laptop.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 03:03:08 AM »
That's why flying is so much safer....  no semis pulling out in front of you like that...........   :P
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 03:22:37 AM »
Yeap, it is true Frank, we have an Automatic Lisense (i won't print what we call it here 'Mom will  ::rambo:: me ;D )and a Manual Lisense, although there are ALOT of Aussies who believe that the Auto lisense should be abolished...  :D )

HO HO, Gibbo, NOW you got me wanting to KNOW.  Send me a personal message --  no joking.  Trust me on this!!   ;)

I personally don't know how anyone can stand to drive an automatic, but that's just me....  Brain Damage Incarnate.....   ::loony::

;)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

airtac

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 03:22:54 PM »
Yeap, it is true Frank, we have an Automatic Lisense (i won't print what we call it here 'Mom will  ::rambo:: me ;D )and a Manual Lisense, although there are ALOT of Aussies who believe that the Auto lisense should be abolished...  :D )

HO HO, Gibbo, NOW you got me wanting to KNOW.  Send me a personal message --  no joking.  Trust me on this!!   ;)

I personally don't know how anyone can stand to drive an automatic, but that's just me....  Brain Damage Incarnate.....   ::loony::

;)

After a lot of years driving trucks, I don't know how anyone can stand driving a manual on a day to day basis--of course, if I opt for a sports car, it's gotta have a stick |:)\

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 10:46:44 PM »

;)

On it's way Mom ....don't  ::rambo::

We have a TV show airing here call "Last Chance Learners", about people ranging from 19 - 35 (yeap 35  ::unbelieveable:: ) who have never been able to pass their lisense test (mainly due to lack of motor skills and common sense.... ::complaining: OH don;t start me!! )    ::complaining: IT IS THE MOST FRUSTRATING SHOW TO WATCH  ::complaining: One of the instructors on the show is a Vietnam Vet' and reckons that 'Nam was a walk in the park compared to trying to teach his "student" to drive.  You wouldn't believe how stupid these guys and gals are....if i can find somewhere that someone has ripped it to i'll post it so y'all can be just as frustrated as me! AND SOME OF THEM ARE DRIVING AUTOMATICS!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHH
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 01:25:18 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 10:49:16 PM »
Oh here ya go, this is the Age's (Aussie Newspaper) The Guide preveiw of the show, have a stiff drink first  ::drinking::
http://media.theage.com.au/?sy=age&rid=27289&source=google.com.au%2Fsearch%3Fsourceid%3Dnavclient%26ie%3DUTF-8%26rls%3DDBAU%2CDBAU%3A2006-47%2CDBAU%3Aen%26q%3Dlast%2Bchance%2Blearners  ::knockedout::  "Oh I've had my learners permit for 20 years" WOT is that something to be proud of mate?!! ::complaining:

I must stop watching that show....deeeeppp breaths Gibby ...deeeeeppp breaths..PHEW ALL BETTER NOW  ;D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:03:41 PM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 04:00:46 AM »
Oh please don't talk about driving. I was taking the freeway E20 westward from the Zealand east-coast after shopping since we had plenty of time to catch the ferry and I wanted to see the Lancer we bought over 3 1/2 months ago, and whic according to the county yesterday will take 2-3 whole months more!!! My mother cried! Litterally!  It was the man on the phone that was there when they saw how my mom could get in and out of our car and the person that OK'ed and he said he didn't know how the procedure went!!!! ::banghead:: ::rambo:: :'(
130 kph, and twice trucks pulled in front forcing ABS-braking to stop from ramming them, once a road-train pulled in front (they're doing 90-100 although the limit is 80) and then when I'd established safe distance then the second solo-truck behind the second road-train the first was overtaking pulled in front of me!!! Appearently my safety distance is way too big when a 10-12m truck can pull out with meters in front and back, and that was still not 3 seconds distance as many say one should keep, that's nuts when even 2 seconds distance is enough for a big truck to merge in.

Then we finally got around after having a train of cars behind us (average speed there is 140-160) so it was full throttle in 3rd which was still pretty slow but at least the young man in the Golf GTI that was the first car behind us was taking it slowly, although they were all driving a lot closer to me than I did for the trucks. Then I kept in the left lane to overtake a truck and tourist-bus just a little while further, and guess what, the bus cut right in front of us just when I was getting close, and remember the two trucks? He could have pulled out a lot sooner so I wouldn't have had to stomp on the brakes at the last minute (he pulled out in the last minute, I started stopping as soon as I saw him pull out, unlike what other people would do). Then when I finally got in then a little later another Peugeot 206 overtook us and after his rear bumper was less than 5 meters in front of our front bumper (literally) then at 130 kph he cut swiftly in front of us, again on the brakes, then a big minibus overtook and he did the same with just 1 extra meters distance  ::banghead:: ::loony:: ::unbelieveable:: Are people insane? They didn't even need to get out of the way of someone flying towards them from behind!

The news have said that more and more pedestrians are killed since the cars are faster and allegedly more safe so people drive like they are alone, and sadly that really seems like it. If someone drives out in front of them they almost never stops even though they are less than 0.5 meters away from a crash, they just think people continue to move away, they never check the situation to see if the person might be forced to stop before the person is away from the other persons driving line  ::banghead:: ::loony::

I got to see the Lancer and found that unlike others then ours don't have Bridgestone ER300 but ER30 tires, and no strut-brace which another identical model we saw earlier had :(
And effective yesterday then a revamp of the danish registration tax has been made to give discounts for high fuel economy and extra modern safety equipment while cutting some old ones and making heavy cars and vans more expensive, and stopping tricks to let people buy luxury SUV's as campers with low tax if there's just a sunroof and mini kitched in the back smaller than an average cooling-box.

The new fuel-limit is 16 km/l for gas/petrol-cars and 18 km/l for diesel-cars and the Lancer does 14.7, however it has 6 airbags which might help, but no ESP. All in all the car might be several thousand more expensive. The new law has already been shot down as a show-off with very limited effect, especially for the enviroment since some diesel-mini-suvs like a Suzuki Vitara gets a tax price-cut a lot bigger than say a small low-power car the tv compared with but that was due to them also wanting people to drive safe cars which in their definition is a car with many many airbags and ESP (electronic stability program).  ::loony::

More than ever I'm looking to just leave Denmark behind and find some new place (I know bad driving exists everywhere but in bigger countries there are more chances of finding less crowded spaces than I can in Denmark which is too compact and small to allow that).

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci