Author Topic: Australian movies/tv  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Australian movies/tv
« on: April 25, 2007, 06:34:34 AM »
I was just looking around imdb.com looking up the tv-series I knew as a kid, The Flying Doctors, Police Rescue, Water Rats (yes I know the later one is a lot newer) and I found out that there are several acresses that have been regularly in all three, and another series I also saw a little, McLeod's Daugthers, and then another name popped up from one of the series, Cate Blanchet, I diddn't know she was an aussie?(although I don't really know much about her except hearing her name here and there from Hollywood).

Funny bit of trivia I found, the married couple in The Flying Doctors were married in real life too, that was interesting.

A question: Neighbours, is that an aussie-only series or am I thinking of the Eastenders as the UK-side soap? I belive that Kylie Minogue had a role there as well as a teenager right? Btw I think I've seen that show too on danish tv or maybe that was a later show.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
Re: Australian movies/tv
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 08:14:21 PM »
Hiya Frank,

Cate sure is one of our girls, though i do believe that her dad was a Texan!

The Flying Doctors, Police Rescue and Water Rats are now longer being made  :( either is Chopper Rescue,  Patrol Boat >:( and Skippy   ::complaining: they stop making the cool shows and keep making the bad ones....Home and Away, Neighbours etc

A question: Neighbours, is that an aussie-only series or am I thinking of the Eastenders as the UK-side soap? I belive that Kylie Minogue had a role there as well as a teenager right? Btw I think I've seen that show too on danish tv or maybe that was a later show.

Yeap, Neighbours (personally dis-like this show) is right Frank, Kylie did get her start in this show and yeap it is Aussie. Here she is as she looked in the series..bit different to today HUH?!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 12:10:12 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 02:20:09 AM »
Wow. Look at that hairstyle!!! :D :D :D :D :D
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 07:20:00 AM »
Chopper Rescue? That sounds cool but I've never seen it over here. Btw, I think the soap shown wasn't Neighbors but Home and Away, I remember the intermission (commercial-break) jingle.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci