Author Topic: CHAT!!  (Read 142937 times)

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
Re: CHAT!!
« Reply #285 on: November 02, 2008, 07:32:37 AM »
Gilly i'll catch ya tomorrow mate, i'll be around 9 'till 11 au time  ::wave::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #286 on: November 03, 2008, 03:05:20 PM »
Hi folks not been around much been having personal troubles again  >:( so took off for a few days to see some friends of mine up North, missing some great chats by the sounds of it but ill be back in soon.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #287 on: November 03, 2008, 11:23:46 PM »
Franklin, get in here!  :D :D
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #288 on: November 04, 2008, 10:33:16 PM »
Belive me I'd love to but I'm still on my old computer and it's not handling this too well, and I don't think any java things work at all on this, plus but I've got the new mb ordered (an Asus P5Q-SE) and I'm trying to get a new better cooled tower installed too, an Asus TA-882 in white. Should be here around thursday orfriday.

Edit: Had to reboot since the whole graphics on the browser started getting totally messed up as I started writing this reply so I missed a few typos.

Frank
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 10:49:16 PM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline ZK Kiwi

• Cockerel
    • Wings Over NZ Aviation Forum
« Reply #289 on: November 06, 2008, 09:31:05 PM »
It appears as though the Chat room software has a bug. It seems to retain the name of the last person in there  even if they have logged off - oddly, it logs them out when the next person goes in, so you get a lot of "just missed you" type of comments. It needs fixing I reckon.
If it was supposed to be easy, everyone would be doing it!

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #290 on: November 06, 2008, 11:24:54 PM »
It appears as though the Chat room software has a bug. It seems to retain the name of the last person in there  even if they have logged off - oddly, it logs them out when the next person goes in, so you get a lot of "just missed you" type of comments. It needs fixing I reckon.

Best thing to do is when you log in, immediately hit the refresh button on your browser. This is what I do to make sure the people it shows are in there, are still there.

|:)\ |:)\

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #291 on: November 07, 2008, 01:24:47 AM »
Uhm...  it seems that Bara and some of the other guys figured this out a while back, I thought...    ::thinking::

If you exit the Chat room by clicking on the "X" over in the top right corner, I believe it logs you all the way out and you do NOT stay in there as a "phantom" chatter to everyone else.....  but if you just X out of the pane, or tab, I think you appear to still be in the room.... I think!    ::silly::

Am I remembering that right, gang?    ::type::

:D

;)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #292 on: November 07, 2008, 07:54:41 AM »
Ill go with that S'Mom
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #293 on: November 09, 2008, 01:41:12 PM »
I'll be online for a little bit people.   ::wave:: ::wave:: ::wave:: ::wave:: ::wave::

No takers, so I'm back out of here!  Later y'all.   |:)\
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 01:58:20 PM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #294 on: November 09, 2008, 02:08:00 PM »
Verdamt just missed you R/C on a break from studying Reliability Cetred Aircraft Maintenance. and ive broken the 1000 post mark!!!  ::unbelieveable:: ;D ::drinking:: ::drinking::

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #295 on: November 09, 2008, 08:11:35 PM »
Gina and I had a nice flying-oriented chat last night although her connection broke several times. Now my main pc is working perfectly again I can finally resume the chat I missed that almost as much as Gina misses flying (and that's saying a lot!).

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #296 on: November 10, 2008, 12:21:09 AM »
Atm, Gina, Gil and myself are in the chat  ::wave::

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2008, 03:56:39 AM »

Frank
Sigh, and then just when the talk was good, my internet connection appearently goes for a trip without me. I only got back online now.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #298 on: November 10, 2008, 09:22:50 PM »

Frank
Sigh, and then just when the talk was good, my internet connection appearently goes for a trip without me. I only got back online now.

Frank

It's ok Frank. We figured that's what happened!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #299 on: November 13, 2008, 12:36:50 AM »
Currently Gina and I are there (apart from the occasional internet drop-out) ::wave::

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci