Author Topic: Delta 777 Retirement FLight  (Read 6354 times)

Offline MileHighMati

Delta 777 Retirement FLight
« on: November 22, 2020, 05:09:28 AM »
Hi All! I know this was some week ago but I put together an awesome video of the experience I was hoping to share with you all. I interviewed the pilots & cabin crew and even took a little VIP ride around LAX in the Delta Porsche! Here is the youtube link! Let me know what you think!!

https://youtu.be/TGPwpkUxE5s

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Re: Delta 777 Retirement FLight
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 02:40:30 AM »
Welcome to the CW Coop Mati!  Great video, although it is disappointing to see the Triple Seven retire before its time.

Over the decades I have rode on all the Boeing airliners except the 707 and 777.  The former has been mostly consigned to the history books, and now it appears I will never get the chance on the latter.  Kinda sad, but I’ll deal with as best I can.

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 09:00:59 AM »
Welcome to the CW Coop Mati!  Great video, although it is disappointing to see the Triple Seven retire before its time.

Over the decades I have rode on all the Boeing airliners except the 707 and 777.  The former has been mostly consigned to the history books, and now it appears I will never get the chance on the latter.  Kinda sad, but I’ll deal with as best I can.

RC

It is sad to see the 777s go away.   I never thought the MD-88 and the 777 would be leaving in the same year!  I understand that the cost per seat mile of the 777 just doesn't compare with the newer offerings, but everyone I know who flew it absolutely loved it (same goes for the 747).   

I wish that as things are starting to return to normal that the 777s would return from the desert, but I don't think it's really in the cards.    This past year also represents the longest period I have gone without flying an airplane since I seriously started flight training.  It was 11 months to the day from my last passenger flight of 2020 until I returned to the training center for requalification.   Another thing that if you'd told me was going to happen in January of 2020 would have caused me to look at you like you were crazy. 
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 01:16:17 PM »
A lot of aircraft are going before their time just now.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 07:29:20 PM »
What do you fly now, Baradium?
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 07:31:13 PM »
What do you fly now, Rooster?

Where is everyone?

Nobody seems to be on Facebook anymore either....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Ragwing

• Rooster
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2022, 02:47:00 PM »
Pratt & Whitney PW4000 engines are returning to service
FAA clears United to return 52 777's to service

Emirates to revamp the interior cabins of 120 Airbus A380 and Boeing 777 aircraft. The multibillion-dollar project will begin in November and will be managed entirely by Emirates Engineering, which aims to totally refurbish four aircraft each month over the next two years. On completion in April 2025, almost 4,000 new premium economy seats will be installed, 728 first-class suites refurbished and over 5,000 business-class seats upgraded to a new style and design.

Now we are waiting on the FAA to certify the 777X

Restoring Stored Aircraft to Service
[URL]https://www.avm-mag.com/restoring-stored-aircraft-to-service/[/URL}

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2022, 11:51:15 AM »
What do you fly now, Baradium?

Sorry Mike,  I've been running all over and the forum has been quiet so I stopped checking very often at all.   I sent you an email,  but I'm flying 737s now.   
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"