Author Topic: ,,Try to get lost - i DARE ya!''  (Read 6415 times)

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
  • What goes up, must come down
,,Try to get lost - i DARE ya!''
« on: January 31, 2006, 01:14:21 PM »
Well, thats a new strip!
And its quite funny i might add :) Good job guys..

Offline Bruce

• Bruce's Place
Re: ,,Try to get lost - i DARE ya!''
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 07:29:26 PM »
That is funny!  I never get lost in the air either, but on the ground is another matter.  I guess it is a pilot thing.  8)

Bruce
Bruce
1950 Cessna 170A

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 08:41:07 PM »
HAHA!

I am glad I am not the only one.
People in the office always give me "instructions for dummies" when they need me to
be somewhere that invloves navigating on the ground....

There is one thing I always do: every time I go to the grocery store I don't
pay attention to where I park my car and when I am done shopping it always
takes me a while to figure out where I need to go. (I am always deep in thought
thinking about the next best CW-strip and the parking lots are rather big in
Southern California....)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Inept

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 02:42:32 PM »
I HATE big parking lots, and am glad my car's lights flash now when I lock the doors, it makes it much easier to find in the mall lot at Christmas time.

Getting lost on the ground is easy to fix, though... you wander around until you find something you recognize, or, God forbid, stop and ask for directions.   If you run out of fuel, no big deal, you call AAA.   In the air, getting lost is more of a problem, but that's why they make water towers.     ;D

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 07:11:35 PM »
I've never been lost.... ;D .  Now, there have been times I've been unsure about my exact location... but never lost.  ;D
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

fireflyr

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 09:10:27 PM »
Poor Chuck,
Just like the rest of us, he has to put up with sarcastic ground support personnel.
On the ground, it's tough but if I've got 4 hours fuel on board an A/C going 200 MPH, I'll find somewhere!

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 07:23:04 PM »
Thats what I love about ultralight there too slow to get loss.  I mean it takes twenty minutes for me to fly from the airport to town.  Thats a good five miles. 
WOW I did that!

Offline Bruce

• Bruce's Place
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 01:24:01 AM »
HAHA!

I am glad I am not the only one.
People in the office always give me "instructions for dummies" when they need me to
be somewhere that invloves navigating on the ground....

There is one thing I always do: every time I go to the grocery store I don't
pay attention to where I park my car and when I am done shopping it always
takes me a while to figure out where I need to go. (I am always deep in thought
thinking about the next best CW-strip and the parking lots are rather big in
Southern California....)

Did you ever forget which car you drove?  We have two, and sometimes I'm looking for the wrong one!  Really stupid!  ::banghead::
Bruce
1950 Cessna 170A

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 02:44:36 AM »
Oooh...  that reminds me of the first time I rented a car in Florida...  it was WHITE, of course, what with the hot climate.....

When we stepped out of the Kennedy Space Center, just dumb and happy as could be, there was a SEA of WHITE cars....  an OCEAN....  for acres and acres!  Of just WHITE cars.....  man, it took forever to find the right one.  This was before the little beep-thingies, so we walked up and down, row after row, reading license plates...  they were all identical.... 

Talk about feel like a complete moron!   Now I know why those poles have numbers on them.....    :D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 10:55:05 AM »
Oooh...  that reminds me of the first time I rented a car in Florida...  it was WHITE, of course, what with the hot climate.....

When we stepped out of the Kennedy Space Center, just dumb and happy as could be, there was a SEA of WHITE cars....  an OCEAN....  for acres and acres!  Of just WHITE cars.....  man, it took forever to find the right one.  This was before the little beep-thingies, so we walked up and down, row after row, reading license plates...  they were all identical.... 

Talk about feel like a complete moron!   Now I know why those poles have numbers on them.....    :D

OMG! that's too funny, Soccermom! It happened to me several time to park the car in a car parking on several level before an evening out. it has always been quite annoying to have to look for the car the day after, my memory killed by too many alcoholics!  ::rofl:: ::rofl::
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 09:08:21 PM »
Ha ha, good one Happy!!  Yes....  it's sure embarrassing to not be able to find your CAR.....  and, right around then, is when someone asks you what you do, and you say "Oh!  I'm a PILOT." 

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::loony::
Don't make me come back there!!!!