Author Topic: Cleaning up the hangar - work vs pleasure  (Read 4233 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Cleaning up the hangar - work vs pleasure
« on: March 27, 2007, 03:18:09 PM »
Hahaha, nothing like a boss to ruin ones working spirit  ::rofl::
Or maybe it's because Hans emits lazyness? :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Cleaning up the hangar - work vs pleasure
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 04:11:48 PM »
Yes, yes yes YESSS! I know exactly!!!
We tended to be more productive when the boss was out, yet somehow the day went faster, we were more relaxed, the airplanes ran better, the cute little gal in 54R (a Super Cub)... err... getting off track now.

I love my wife...  ;D

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 06:27:46 PM »
Amazing how someone calling you lazy when you are taking initiative and work on your own just makes you want to be lazy and prove him right....
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:22:08 PM »
The actual profane story behind this strip is that I often draw on the table in our living room, and I have to move all my stuff when we want to eat there. And this one night before dinner, when I was just about to start tyding up, my girlfriend said "ah, come on, clean the table already!"...

That backfired, because I ran off to grap a piece of paper and sketch down this strip!  ;D

And now I know what you think, but don't you DARE to compare my girl with Hans!! >:(  ;D ;D

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 08:42:19 PM »
Tidying up also has some good on my side. I remember that when I was a child I sometimes came home to find that my mom was making order in my room or had put all my belongings into the trash. And when I decided to put some order, I usually needed days, since I was bored I would leave everything as it was, and at that point I was usually told that it was a mission impossible and should have finished my job.the worst thing, is that what I really have to keep in order is paper, notes, articles, whatever written. so when I decide/d that time has come, it's not so easy...And with my mom....Gladly, after years of battles, I won my fights! I currently know I cannot live in a tidy place, and it's in my mess that I can find anything. the cons of living - at my age - still with parents..............haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 08:44:47 PM by happylanding »
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 09:03:57 PM »
Yes, yes yes YESSS! I know exactly!!!
We tended to be more productive when the boss was out, yet somehow the day went faster, we were more relaxed, the airplanes ran better, the cute little gal in 54R (a Super Cub)... err... getting off track now.

I love my wife... ;D

I was working for a manufacturing company assembling grain dryers.  The boss was in the office this one day and he wasn't in a great mood, so we worked through our break.  The shop foreman, one other guy, and myself were in the shop discussing how best to put a panel on this dryer (i.e. WORKING!), and he came in and saw us "standing around".  So, he had the office manager fire myself and the other part-timer because there obviously wasn't enough work for us.  This was not 3 hours after the boss gave me a raise.  He managed to piss off the whole shop that day with that stunt.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 09:38:35 PM »
Wow, that's really stupid.  There are plenty of "bosses" who shouldn't be, really.  Which makes it all the nicer when you run onto a GOOD one.   :D

Can you believe the guy I work for, some years ago, snuck up to the tall windows of the room where the company check airman and I were being grilled on our orals by a NEW, young Fed inspector who seemed to want to prove how tough he was....  which, of course, the boss saw through as soon as he met him....  and this is a guy with 40+ years in aviation....  read:  "not impressed".

We were situated where we could both see out the windows, seated as we were across the table from Mister Federal Happy Face, but HIS back was to the windows, where our BOSS started a slow-mo dance, doing the  ::loony::  motion all the time...  we gasped...  I spied him first...  then when I saw my buddy stiffen beside me, I knew HE had seen him out there, too.....

It was everything we could do to keep a straight face, and not completely lose it!!  He topped his performance off by making a mooning motion at us, and I have NO IDEA what I said when he was asked me those questions, all I could think was "Ohmigod, I'm gonna blow this because the boss is mooning us!!!"   

It was HILARIOUS.  We still all laugh about it.  I've had the bosses from hell, too, so I really appreciate this guy.  He's just amazing.   ::drinking::
Don't make me come back there!!!!