Author Topic: about the eBay series...  (Read 14726 times)

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
Re: about the eBay series...
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 04:38:24 AM »
Hey Guys!

ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT FOR BIDDING ON THE PIPER CHEROKEE ! ! ! ;D

Did anybody see a Twin Otter on eBay yet? I do believe the really good planes don't
really sell on eBay. Actually some of them never sell at all. In my world of "sling wing" there
are certain models who people just keep and never sell. It's almost like trying to find a used
Toyota Pick-Up in the auto-trader, nobody wants to get rid of them....

3 days, 23 hours... ;D

Not a whole lot of whirly-gigs for sale anywhere actually... let alone e-bay.

The Jetstar is still listed though... come on powerball... ;D ;D ;D
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 04:41:18 AM »
Don't you have to get a second power ball just to maintain the thing once you get it?
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 04:47:16 AM »
Don't you have to get a second power ball just to maintain the thing once you get it?

I'll just sit in it and make jet noises... ;D
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 04:49:01 AM »
so you'll probably need some windshield whipers on the inside of the windshield, huh?!
 ;D

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 04:51:07 AM »
so you'll probably need some windshield whipers on the inside of the windshield, huh?!
 ;D

A little Rain-X should do the trick...  :D

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2005, 05:01:08 AM »
heh heh

pretty slick, sleek!!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2005, 03:22:58 AM »
Hey, by the way everybody:

Where WOULD BE a good place to look for a plane.
A friend of mine (the "real" Jason) is looking for a Piper Cub, or a Cessna 180 or something
down those lines. . .

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2005, 04:50:25 AM »
Trade-a-Plane is a good place to start.  Most every airport I've ever been around has at least a copy somewhere.  Or, you can subscribe on line for a couple dollars a month.

Also, check out www.controller.com and www.aso.com .  Both are free to browse. 

Having said that...

I advertised my 182 in all three of those publications/sites... the only responses I ever got was from the Trade-a-plane ad.  There are more airplanes listed there, and you can search by geographic area also. 

A few others; www.barnstormers.com isn't bad, they've cleaned it up in the last year or so.  Aero-trader online is another place. 

... and e-bay if I could go look at the airplane before bidding... but that would be a last resort.

I secured my financing through AOPA, no hassales and it was a painless deal.  All that was required to fund the loan was a couple signitures, a copy of the bill of sale (FAA form 8050-2), and a signed purchase agreement (that we made up on the FBO counter). 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 04:52:52 AM by Sleek-Jet »

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2005, 05:11:40 PM »
WOW! That's cool!
Kept in Mojave is a good idea! At least it won't be rusty . . .
It seems more expensive though than back in 1917. That's a lot of money for not having aircondition and a flight-director. . .

Chryssta

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2005, 05:04:31 PM »
I for one thought the E-bay thingie was funny. I've seen some weird stuff on there, never thought people could sell planes and stuff as well.

Funny fact: did you know E-bay doesn't allow you to sell people anymore? Some guy sold his grandmother on E-bay! Kinda makes ya wonder how much he got for her...

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2005, 10:54:41 AM »
is that true? or is that an "urban myth"?
sounds like the old "he'd sell his own grandmother" - joke...

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2006, 05:34:56 PM »
My company keeps an eye on ebay if we have a client looking for a certain airplane.  I know a gentleman that recently purchased a c310 on ebay.  If you do it right, you can do it.  Just because you get the bid, it doesn't mean you can't back out.  You have to negotiate with the seller and have the final sale contingent on a pre-buy.  You need to be careful, but it can be done.  Given that, I thought the ebay strip was hilarious.

Did you guys hear about the guy that sold an "air guitar" on ebay?  There was also an auction where the seller posted an ultrasound picture.  It was shut down after ebay figured out what was actually being sold.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty