Author Topic: a gem I found today  (Read 24200 times)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
a gem I found today
« on: March 16, 2007, 09:20:58 PM »
Mates, today I found something gorgeous. here it is. have you ever seen a so small R/C helicopter?
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline switchtech

• Cockerel
  • Climb, Communicate, Confess, Comply
    • SwitchTech's home page
Re: a gem I found today
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 10:14:41 PM »
Mates, today I found something gorgeous. here it is. have you ever seen a so small R/C helicopter?

Cool!  How's it fly?  It's amazingly small.
The sky and land joined for one brief moment, then we flew - the ground a receding memory for just a little while.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 10:28:23 PM »

Cool!  How's it fly?  It's amazingly small.

Since it's extremely small, it has no batteries but it's charged when you attach it to the R/C via a very small cable. hence FT is quite small, around 10 minutes max. I've not understood clearly how it works out yet, since it has to be trimmed and now it goes wherever he wishes (mainly against doors, walls and furniture) coz I've not trimmed it in the right way yet and looks more like it's in autorotation than straight flight. but into the shop, the man who was playing with it, landed it perfectly on my hands, hence there must be a way!
I will let you know!

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 10:43:31 PM »
Sweet!  do you know the manufacturers name?  I'd like to look for something like that.
Keep us posted on your flying progress.  |:)\

Phil

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 11:01:29 AM »
Tundra, I can give you the name of the product, that is littlebee (technology brings you infinite surprise) I do not know if it's enough, but if it is not. let me know  cause I threw the box away but I've one in my baggages, to give to my brother and as soon as I unpack tomorrow when back to switzerland I let you know! :)
My performance aren't bettering the least. looks like straight flight is a mission impossible! :)

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 06:38:49 PM »
I've seen a video of one of those flying before.  I believe I've seen on in stores as well...   it's an interesting one.
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 01:46:46 AM »
helicopters are just awesome! aren't they ?!
 ::cowboy::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 04:25:45 AM »

They make fine toys anyway.   ;)   ::rofl::

Phil  ::cowboy::

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 07:42:57 AM »

this small RC to flight is real fun, even if, to tell the truth he still does what he wishes and not what he is told about! My cat was impressed and tried in every possible way to catch him, until she realized she was as scared of him as she is scared of the vacuum! :)
And well, I still remember as it were yesterday when I flew by helicopter over NY. I had the chance to be seated beside the CPT. and oh, I never exclude that one day, as soon as my money starts growing again, I will try to get the license....

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 04:39:12 PM »
And well, I still remember as it were yesterday when I flew by helicopter over NY. I had the chance to be seated beside the CPT. and oh, I never exclude that one day, as soon as my money starts growing again, I will try to get the license....

I keep telling you guys, helicopter pilots are in demand everywhere!
And you know what that means, right?!  ;)
Bigger salaries!! Check out "justhelicopters.com" and click on the employment section.
The salaries offered start with twice of what a commuter pilot makes. Even CFI compensation has picked up tremendously . . .
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

airtac

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 03:09:26 AM »

Bigger salaries!! Check out "justhelicopters.com" and click on the employment section.
The salaries offered start with twice of what a commuter pilot makes. Even CFI compensation has picked up tremendously . . .
MIKE, MIKEMIKEMIKEMIKE----Money doesn't mean everthing----helicopters are just so.....................................ER....AHH....UNDIGNIFIED!!! :-\
I mean, I really like you, Gman, and others..........but "chopper" pilots can be such...........ahhhhh.........sluts ;) ;D

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 03:15:15 AM »

But how easy is it for an entry level pilot?
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 03:42:23 AM »
Uh-oh! No you've gone and done it Jim! You said the bad word! Mike and Jane (and Lucy and co.) are probably going to come for you guns blazing :D

I do think the job pays a lot at least partly since it's a lot harder to fly a helicopter (just look at some of the videos posted here, the dude with the small helicopter trying to learn to fly directly from the airport parking and then crashing after doing a flight-of-the-bumblebees routine, and the Robinson taking off into the hangar-roof, and the take-off on the rolling ship that nearly cost the life of one of the crew-members on the deck that almost got a piece a tail he didn't want! :D ).

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 01:16:30 AM »
Uh-oh! No you've gone and done it Jim! You said the bad word! Mike and Jane (and Lucy and co.) are probably going to come for you guns blazing :D

Frank
OHNOOOOOO!---Silly me, I said "chopper" I'm Bad and I know it :-\ :-\

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 12:41:58 PM »
Oh dear airtac "THE" seven letter word.... ;)

BTW Happy that lil' HELICOPTER is very cool  ::wave::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww