Author Topic: JFK Ground, "Chuck is that you?"-style  (Read 12209 times)

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
Re: JFK Ground, "Chuck is that you?"-style
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 08:32:36 PM »

The only thing I could think of, and ive heard the tapes, is that the controller thought he was declaring Min Fuel, which is a lot different than a fuel emergency.  If you declare Min Fuel, we dont have to give you direct routing etc.  It just means that you cannot accept any undue delay.  Thats the only thing that would makes sense at least to me.

It seems that it should be fairly cut and dried.  Either he used the E word or not.   
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 12:22:40 AM »
Yea, the pilot said he wanted to declare a fuel emergency, but i think the controller misunderstood him, or didnt hear him, coulda been on the phone with someone else
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 01:43:42 AM »
Yea, the pilot said he wanted to declare a fuel emergency, but i think the controller misunderstood him, or didnt hear him, coulda been on the phone with someone else

Usually just the E word will get the attention.   Guess it'd be a good idea to just declare an emergency and *then* tell them it was for fuel so they start thinking emergency before anything else.
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Firegirl

• Cockerel
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 07:37:41 PM »
just now saw the thread!!

WHAT A CLASSIC!!

I used to listen in on Channel 9 (I think) whenever I fly United. I am waiting to hear something similar live!!

HA HA!

Thanks for posting this. I already passed it on to all my friends!
If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose.  --- Jack Handy