Author Topic: Wierd!!  (Read 3311 times)

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
Wierd!!
« on: March 04, 2007, 03:33:07 PM »
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Wierd!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 02:20:15 AM »
Lol, really weird but it's a great tune though. Who played that original anyway and was it made for the movie or is it older?
I do think the animation of the two birds was pretty good but what the Dukes have to do with Deliverance that I'm not sure of. Or the chickens with the burning KFC sign, except that it's all related to the US south.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 02:27:36 AM »
Lol, really weird but it's a great tune though. Who played that original anyway and was it made for the movie or is it older?
I do think the animation of the two birds was pretty good but what the Dukes have to do with Deliverance that I'm not sure of. Or the chickens with the burning KFC sign, except that it's all related to the US south.

Frank

Well the Dukes are from that part of the south, and had some questionable relations (Daisy falling in love with a cousin from England!). Plus a rebel flag on top of the car, might spark some questions
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 05:26:53 PM »
Seems like a thinly veiled commentary on southern "back country" life.  You've got the Dukes chasing pigs around (sort of combining Dukes with Deliverance there) and Klan chickens.  Very bizarre, and probably offensive to some southerners.  I thought it was funny, though. 
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty