Author Topic: Zulu Time  (Read 14235 times)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Zulu Time
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 11:43:23 AM »
....I think you are really bored!!! ;D ;D ;D

Is it a way to say that I've nothing to do, lately?!?!?!?!  >:(
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline SteepTurn

• Cockerel
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 12:09:21 PM »

...it looks like... ??? ???
for climbing --> pull ** for decending --> continue pulling

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 12:14:46 PM »

C'mon! isn't it a looooong weekend?!?!?

Offline SteepTurn

• Cockerel
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 12:31:29 PM »

C'mon! isn't it a looooong weekend?!?!?

READ YOUR PERSONAL MESSAGES!!! ;)

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006, 10:01:45 AM »
Ah yes... and other versions of the phonetic alphabet abound too.  When I was working as a police dispatcher (when I was going through college for my computer degree), we had the following in use;

Adam, Baker, Charlie, David, Edna, Frank, George, Hotel, India (or Ida), Jack (or Juliet), King, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Poppa, Queen, Robert, Sam, Tom, Uniform, Victor, Wiskey, X-Ray, Zebra

I wonder how many "official" variants there are out there.... obviously in aviation we have the one standard.... but I know different police departments use different versions of the phonetic alphabet.  Of course, different departments also use different response codes too.  The "10-nnn" codes were never really adopted widely because of the use on Citizens Band radio channels, and the idea behind police department response codes is two-fold... one being to shorten traffic on the radio, and two to prevent everyone and their brother from easily figuring out what's going on if they are monitoring.... to avoid "ambulance chasers".

;D |:)\
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 11:06:48 AM »
Ah yes... and other versions of the phonetic alphabet abound too.  When I was working as a police dispatcher (when I was going through college for my computer degree), we had the following in use;

Adam, Baker, Charlie, David, Edna, Frank, George, Hotel, India (or Ida), Jack (or Juliet), King, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Poppa, Queen, Robert, Sam, Tom, Uniform, Victor, Wiskey, X-Ray, Zebra

I wonder how many "official" variants there are out there.... obviously in aviation we have the one standard.... but I know different police departments use different versions of the phonetic alphabet.  Of course, different departments also use different response codes too.  The "10-nnn" codes were never really adopted widely because of the use on Citizens Band radio channels, and the idea behind police department response codes is two-fold... one being to shorten traffic on the radio, and two to prevent everyone and their brother from easily figuring out what's going on if they are monitoring.... to avoid "ambulance chasers".

;D |:)\

Looks really like there is an infinity, actually! I always laugh when I call in Italy or Switzerland and they ask me to spell something. they get mad because I use the aviation variant and they do not understand what the hell I'm trying to say.... ;)

Offline SteepTurn

• Cockerel
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 11:24:18 AM »

Looks really like there is an infinity, actually! I always laugh when I call in Italy or Switzerland and they ask me to spell something. they get mad because I use the aviation variant and they do not understand what the hell I'm trying to say.... ;)

...but that's not a problem of your spelling! I mean men never ever will understand women even if they apparently are speaking the same language... ;D ;D ;D