Author Topic: Pilot Chick!  (Read 21512 times)

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
Re: Pilot Chick!
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 10:05:15 PM »
After the way she just put down Chuck maybe we should go with Akane (see if anyone else gets that reference!), or Ryoko.   ::whistle::

Phil

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 10:09:53 PM »
After the way she just put down Chuck maybe we should go with Akane (see if anyone else gets that reference!), or Ryoko.   ::whistle::

Phil

Why not Nina? from nina williams of tekken?!? ;D
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 11:37:25 PM »
Hmmmm....anyone else notice a striking similarity between the new pilot chick and Happy's avitar?   ::thinking::

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 11:47:50 PM »
It plays on SciFi every once in a while, but I bought the series from Amazon.com.
It was poorly advertised, stuck in a bad time slot, and the episodes were run out of order. This
was when Fox ran it back in '02.
The movie Serenity was created from the pressure of us fans, and it made a bunch more money
in DVD sales, as kind of a cult thing.

If we're going with fire fly references I definitly perfer Kylee, gotta love a girl in coveralls.   ::drinking::

Phil

For me, it'd be a toss up between Kaylee and Zoe. Tall Amazon warrior woman, or painfully cute perky chick
with mechanical aptitude...

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2007, 12:43:34 AM »
Hmmmm....anyone else notice a striking similarity between the new pilot chick and Happy's avitar?   ::thinking::

Actually, that's not a coincidence. We were approached a bunch of times to create a character that complements the women in aviation, isn't a man-hating dyke, not "trying to hard"in "succeeding in a "mans"world", and not as dumb as Sally.

And Happy just happens to be a very cool "Pilot Chick" which we would want to see more of in this forumand in aviation. So, yes, The new girl is modeled some after Happy (among other things).

I am impressed you guys caught us!  ::bow::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2007, 12:45:45 AM »

Actually, that's not a coincidence. We were approached a bunch of times to create a character that complements the women in aviation, isn't a man-hating dyke, not "trying to hard"in "succeeding in a "mans"world", and not as dumb as Sally.

And Happy just happens to be a very cool "Pilot Chick" which we would want to see more of in this forumand in aviation. So, yes, The new girl is modeled some after Happy (among other things).

I am impressed you guys caught us!  ::bow::

Now Happy can collect on royalties
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2007, 01:15:28 AM »
Heyya DonYan

No haven't heard of Iris Brosse.....sorry :(

So the name debate rages on, we could call her Suzy Q or is that just me being obsessed by an ol' aussie warbird again?? ::unbelieveable::  ::loony::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2007, 02:50:06 AM »
Why not Nina? from nina williams of tekken?!? ;D
My Enciclopedical Ignorance needs to know:
A) ¿where is Tekken?
B) ¿Who is Nina Williams?
DonYan ::wave::
I'm not sure but I think Tekken is a fighting-game for the playstation game-consol, and as a sidenote then in the later years the female fighters have been some of the strongest/best fighters to choose in the fairly large collection of fighting games. I think Nina Williams is a character in the game but not sure, ever since Body Blows for the Amiga multimedia home-computer I haven't really played fighting-games much.

I didn't notice the part about Happy though, probably due to the pseudo-mohawk the yet-unnamed female pilot. So is the pilot to be named Danica and be swiss? Btw, what is a swiss accent? There are 4 languages in Switzerland and Happy actually mainly speaks italian not german as it's stereotypically thought the swiss do.

Btw, if you haven't chosen a plane for her yet then how about a Cardinal or Commander? Or if she's really specialized then how about a Porter?  ::angel:: |:)\

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2007, 03:55:17 AM »
Doesn't really matter what she flies for a living.  I think she should have a little red Pitts of her own, just to show up Chuck with.   ::cowboy::
Imagine the airport where Chuck is admiring it and exponding on how difficult a Pitts is to fly, then she walks up, climbs in and asks Julio to prop it over for her.   ::whistle::

Phil

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2007, 04:01:42 AM »
Maybe she should have a FINISHED Corsair!!!  now THAT would be a kick in Chucks pants  ::rofl::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline abrum87

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2007, 04:23:41 AM »
What about Bianca for the pilot chick's name?

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2007, 05:24:47 AM »
Maybe she should have a FINISHED Corsair!!!  now THAT would be a kick in Chucks pants  ::rofl::

HA HA !!!
great idea !!!

too bad all those strips were already drawn months ago, but we might fit it in down the line somewhere....

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2007, 05:25:24 AM »
What about Bianca for the pilot chick's name?

that's a nice name actually

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2007, 05:26:52 AM »
My wife suggested naming her after an airport.  Anybody know of any chick airport names?
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2007, 07:28:15 AM »
Wow Chicca, you're in the big time now!    ;D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 07:30:52 AM by Baradium »
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"