Author Topic: It's My Life!  (Read 15987 times)

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: It's My Life!
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2007, 09:31:55 PM »
IF we're all feeling old here, I'll add some tales. When I was about 23, I was watching the news, and they were running a story about a space camp dedicated to the Shuttle Challenger. The lady said that none of the kids were even alive when the shuttle blew up! Old guy watching! I remember that day exactly. I was home for lunch from school watching cartoons, when the show was interrupted to tell us about the exsplosion.

The second was only recently. I was at the movie store browsing the new releases when I noticed the Cartoon Transformers movie there; 20 Anniversary editon. I saw that movie in the theatres when it came out! (I don't know any child of the 80's who didn't like Transformers.)

And to top it off, I'm 28 now, and getting a few gray...grey... (?) hairs. So I'm leaving the kinda young decade and moving into the downhills :-[ :-[ :-[

I'm thinking about seeing the new Transformers movie when it comes to DVD. 

Voltran was awesome, too.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2007, 10:16:34 PM »
I was home for lunch from school watching cartoons......

========================================================
And to top it off, I'm 28 now.......

GIL!!!!!!!!!  You're KILLING me here!!!!!!!!    :'(
Cartoons?!?!?!  Man.....  the last time I saw cartoons, I think Kennedy was in office.......
And as for being a whopping 28, holy heavens man, I have workboots that are older than you!!!  (And, probably, a few things in the fridge!)
Love, your old Mom****    ;)    :D    ;)    :D
 8)

Gil now look what you've done to your 'Mom!!  And don't worry about your 30's being downhill THERE NOT!!!! THEY ROCK!! But turn the page into 40's ...gulp!!!
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2007, 10:42:32 PM »
I was home for lunch from school watching cartoons......

========================================================
And to top it off, I'm 28 now.......

Cartoons?!?!?!  Man.....  the last time I saw cartoons, I think Kennedy was in office.......

And as for being a whopping 28, holy heavens man, I have workboots that are older than you!!!  (And, probably, a few things in the fridge!)

8)

Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wl1NcnN7ZA

Garfield rocks.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_-XGXkXVrs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4osVIUnnpj0
Make sure to watch at least the last 40-60 seconds of the video.

"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2007, 06:48:23 AM »

8)

The worst thing about cartoons is that when I was a child I felt grown up and adult already, and stopped watching them when I was around 8/9 years old. That was a really bad idea, a great mistake, since.......I watch them now!
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2007, 02:46:53 PM »

8)

The worst thing about cartoons is that when I was a child I felt grown up and adult already, and stopped watching them when I was around 8/9 years old. That was a really bad idea, a great mistake, since.......I watch them now!

LOL!! The 80's was the last decade of good cartoons and kids shows. Although some were good when we kids (ie Dukes of Hazzard), now well they're kids shows
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2007, 07:20:05 PM »
Yeah, Gil, my shrink says that's why I love "Team America" so much -- it was my deprived childhood and lack of cartoons!!  HAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!   ::loony::

;)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2007, 07:21:35 PM »
Yeah, Gil, my shrink says that's why I love "Team America" so much -- it was my deprived childhood and lack of cartoons!!  HAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!   ::loony::

;)

Which one of your shrinks says that? Obviously not the 3 or 4 who commited suicide ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony:: :D :D :D :D :D

airtac

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2007, 03:54:29 PM »
DonYan the Don Juan----The legend lives!!!

My memories are more aeronautical--Had to fly the boss to Palm Springs after I watched the Challenger news and after watching the 9/11 news I spent all day getting an IFR flight plan to get my air attack guy back to San Bernardino ::sweat::

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2007, 04:12:02 PM »
DonYan the Don Juan----The legend lives!!!

My memories are more aeronautical--Had to fly the boss to Palm Springs after I watched the Challenger news and after watching the 9/11 news I spent all day getting an IFR flight plan to get my air attack guy back to San Bernardino ::sweat::

My first flight lesson was on 9/11. When I got to the hangar there were stories going around that someone had flown a plane into the WTC. My instructor and I were getting into the plane when another instructor (I think her name was Ms F@#$%&G BI##$H) and to us that the airspace was closed.

It's when I got back to the campus and there was a tv set up in the Rez Lobby, did I actually see how bad it was!! ::eek:: ::eek:: ::eek:: ::eek::
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 09:32:39 PM by FlyboyGil »

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2007, 09:21:11 PM »
Wow, Don, that's awesome. 
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007, 01:23:12 AM »
Beautiful sentiment |:)\

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2007, 05:50:51 AM »
Why is it that a high profile accident like that makes people so maudlin---don't take that wrong, I think it was a bad accident too, but, death is just an ordinary occurence that every single person must experience (kinda like graduating from life) so why do we think of it in such a horrifying way?
I mean, what the heck, they went out at the apex of their carreer---it don't get better than that!   They did not die in failure--they checked out quite literally on top of the world ::bow::
Everytime there's a high profile death, people wring their hand and cry out to God (who they ignore when things are peachy) about the horror of it all---
What makes an astronaut's demise (or JFK, or John Lennon, or MLK or Ghandi or 30 college students) more tragic then some guy down the street who mowed my lawn---he's just as dead as they are  ::eek::
Everbody dies and that's equally important to each individual---I worry about mine all the time---I mean that's 100% to me but it won't mean anything to anyone else---Lighten up folks--it's later then you think ;D ;D

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2007, 06:46:33 AM »
Interesting turn.  Last weekend's hanger flying included a discussion of Steve Witman's death.  Along the lines what what better way to end your life than at 92 years old, quickly, doing what you love in a plane you designed and built yourself.  And how very much worse it would be to slowy and painfully die over years from cancer or something similar.

So here's to all those who Do!  and keep doing right to the end!  ::drinking::

Phil

airtac

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2007, 08:56:11 PM »
Graphic work gets two thumbs up you old reprobate  ;D