Author Topic: It's My Life!  (Read 15984 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: It's My Life!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 01:32:16 AM »
KLF?

can't compare that to Bon Jovi EVER!!   ::loony::

I did like KLF for a while though. Some of the others I've never heard of to be honest....
Are they all Scandinavian?
I didn't know I did, it was just a few of the names I remember. I can now also remember names like Ozzy, The Thin White Duke formerly known as David Jones (that was a word-joke on David Bowie), Visage (who had connection to Bowie and was in the Ashes to Ashes video with him), The Stranglers, The Damned, A-Ha, Neena, Kim Wilde (Kim Wilde and Neena sang a duet-version of one of Neena's 80s hits, sounds really good. She had both german and english versions and in this new version she sings german while Wilde sings english and the lyrics fit very well with them singing two different languages as well, and they're both still nice to look at).

Btw, I wasn't only talking about music when I mentioned the 80s. Group-B was a racing-class mainly used in rally, although some race-track cars existed under that regulation too. It's the class that gave birth to such cars as: Ferrari 288 GTO, Porsche 959 (and it's one-off now destroyed racing-version 961, not to be mistaken for the 962C Group-C car), Lancia Delta S4 (that had both a supercharger and a turbocharger like VW has now with their TwinCharger engine), Ford RS200, Peugeot 205 Turbe 16, MG Metro 6R4 (if you don't know this car then don't look for it, ew it's ugly!), Audi Sport Quattro (the Sport Quattro was the short-wheelbase model of the normal Audi Quattro Coupe) etc.
The De Lorean of course is a car, also seen in several music videos btw, including an episode of Miami Vice and that's where Jan Hammer is from, he was the musician that made the themes for that show, he also had a few cameos, one as a hit-man. He is one of my three favourite musicians that are excellent in making beautiful music using electronic instruments. The two others are Vangelis and Jean Michael Jarre and to round off this story then those two actually made a version of Hammer's Crockett's Theme later on, isn't that wild?
Oooh! I just remember, how can I talk about 80s music and not mentioned Dieter and Boris, better known as Yello! "Oh Yeah!", "The Race", "Bostich" and many more. I believe they're swizz, Happy can you confirm this? Oh yeah, there's Falco from Austria too who had several hits too. Oh man I'm getting the need to buy some more 80s compilation CD's, as if the 5 I have already weren't enough :D

When you can't fly then music is the next best thing, especially playing Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Learning To Fly".

Frank

P.S. The t-shirts and blazers was of course another reference to Miami Vice. Btw, the fruit-coloured part was because I remember a scene where one of the other cops asked where Crockett got those fruit-coloured T-Shirt to which he replied: your wife gave it me to (or something like that, I haven't seen it in years).
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 05:42:59 PM »
you guys . . .

...we even wrote a "Bon Jovi" blog to with it....  ::sulk::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline katanaflyer

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 10:57:52 AM »
I really want to see that movie!  It's a French movie called "Knights of the Sky"  it was something like "Chevaliers du Ciel"

I think the international title is "Sky Fighters"  ::thinking:: ;D

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 03:43:40 PM »
I really want to see that movie!  It's a French movie called "Knights of the Sky"  it was something like "Chevaliers du Ciel"

I think the international title is "Sky Fighters"  ::thinking:: ;D
I think that's correct since I saw a DVD recently with that title and it was an aviation movie and french I believe (I think the great car-movie Taxi was mentioned, maybe some of the people also worked on that movie?). And welcome to the Katanaflyer  ::wave::

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 06:21:36 PM »
hmm, interesting reading to get somewhere before I was born. I am the year 1990  ::wave:: though I tend to feel strange sometimes in here, mentioning cars I like, music I like and so (but the best car ever is Skoda 130RS somewhere round 78 or so :) )

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 07:54:43 PM »
hmm, interesting reading to get somewhere before I was born. I am the year 1990

Anybody else's feeling decrepit after that?!? Why my head stopped to when I was 18?!?  :'( :'( :'(
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 08:14:44 PM »
I was born in '78, and I really feel old now, as is if the rapidly increasing grey hair wasn't enough (my mom often gets shocked at how fast my grey hair count is growing, but hey I stil got all the hair still unlike my dad at when he was my age). I do feel old, I simply don't like very much of the modern music, don't go to discos or whatever they're called now and I don't even like modern cars (ugly and impractical and overloaded with sound-proofing and gadgets that just get in the way of driving).
All people talk about portable gamecomputer with video-chat function, heck I don't even own a simple wireless telephone! When I move after having sat a while my joints crack loudly. And now it's 9 pm, time for bed, good night  ::wave::

(Note: I may be old-fashioned but I'm happy and while what I wrote above is true then it was also intended to make the reader smile although I might've written it better had I not been so tired, I woke up so early in the morning it was still night).

Frank

P.S. A Skoda 130RS? Wow, you must be in love. I've gotten laughs by really liking the DeLorean DMC-12 but a late-70s Skoda? Wow! Why not one of the true old Skodas, when it was still a luxury brand before the soviet-union? It was a super car-brand like Talbot was once too, however in the late-70s a Talbot was one of the biggest pieces of junk there was from what I remember. Of course on the other hand if you prefer realistic obtainable dreams, which I do as well, then a Skoda is a pretty good dreamcar. My daily-drive dreamcar is a '99 Mondeo 1.8 sedan (base-model).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 08:18:15 PM by Frank N. O. »
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 09:33:57 PM »
I was born in '78, and I really feel old now....

to tell the truth, I do not feel old, but still too young for my "biological" age. I mean, when I think about gameboys today, I remember those of my childhood, where part of the game was printed on the screen and just a small part was moving or I can think about so many things that have disappeared, as the unbelievably gorgeously good One O One, a drink that could have defeated Coke 10-0 and, who knows why, disappeared from one day to the other. My brother and I still have good memories of the first time we tried it and still remember the pyramid it had been made of cans inside a shop. Or when smarties had another taste, or the gorgeous cartoons (also Japanese) we had in the 80s and today, who know where they are? when the twix name was not twix and I could go on for hours...from the first computer at home that was as slow as a sloth, from the cars and the history and so on. But, even if all that “disappeared” (like the dinosaurs), and I can see it’s years away, I still feel part of the youngest, and even if I do not usually or at least always behave as such, when I think that at my age my parents were married, or when I see that my friends of my same age or younger marry, form a family or live together or whatever, it’s the moment I finally realize that well, time is passing by for me too. And probably I do not think I should take it much more seriously then I do, but at least a little bit and I should at the very least  start thinking that…when my first reply to how old are you is 18, that’s not correct anymore….. :o :o :o

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 11:01:46 PM »
Come on, Happy! You have most of your life ahead of you. Look at my age: and I make many young (cronologically) friends...people my age don´t Skydive, for instance. I am also the plumber, mechanic of vehicles, carpenter and general handyman for the Family. What makes a person young is it´s hart, that glint in the eye, that energy evry morning for "Let´s see what troubles we can solve today" or "Let´s enjoy the scenery" on the road...
Some times I have to remeber that I have 2 daughters in their thirty´s with 5 Grandsons: Women are very atracted to persons of my age, with my lifestyle (specially the very young&inexperienced!) So that thought brings me back to Earth ::angel:: (Skydive is about going back to Earth too) Still crayze and still young. |:)\ Dare to live, ::cowboy:: Happy. Everythig is included in your "HAPPY" name! ::bow::
DonYan ::wave::

I'm not scared about living DonYan, all the contrary probably! I always try my best everyday of my life and sometimes 24 hrs aren't enough to do everything I wish and or have to do. But I dread that I keep living with a certain standard that, to my "biological age", is not the right one anymore, and sometimes I tell myself I should fix them. I do not really know how to explain it, but I like say...excesses, in any form. I cannot really enjoy and live a life done of routine, equilibrium, half passions, half anger, half work, half sadness, half boost, half enjoyment, half love, half energy, half of whatever. it still would mean a half..........life. so, when it comes to what I do, how I live, how I think, how I get sad, how I get happy, how I work, how I spend my day, I frankly see that I put every energy, with the same rage, enthusiasm, passion, emotions, and carelessness that you use when you're adolescent. and well, I mean, usually you should have found an equilibrium somewhere and somehow before, no? gosh, on the long term, will not it prove wrong way to approach life?

And, to tell the truth, probably by the reply you gave me there is your point of view: it's not wrong, right? :)

Offline switchtech

• Cockerel
  • Climb, Communicate, Confess, Comply
    • SwitchTech's home page
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 04:37:15 AM »
Frank, no one younger than my baby brother is allowed to fret about being old yet.   It just isn't allowed!  And with DonYan as an example, it'll be a long time before I get that choice (though there are mornings ... ).

I noticed my first white hair when I was just 22.  My Avatar exaggerates my hair color a little - it isn't really that dark.  :o

jbs

The sky and land joined for one brief moment, then we flew - the ground a receding memory for just a little while.

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 09:00:35 PM »

I noticed my first white hair when I was just 22.  My Avatar exaggerates my hair color a little - it isn't really that dark.  :o

jbs

Got my first one when i was 15.  I now have some some good streaks in my hair.  Most people pin me for almost 5 to 6 years older than I actually am.  Anywho, I flop between feeling old and young.  An old instance for me would be seeing new freshmen, or even now pledges for the house come in.  Freshmen every year seem to get younger and younger.  I felt really old when I went back to my high school a few months ago to talk about college and everyone seemed like little kids.  I feel young any time im around someone in teh ATC feild.  Most of these guys have been controlling since the early 80's and the lucky ones before that.  It's scary for me knowing that Ill be moving tin along side guys that have experience of decades.  Something disturbing that was brought to my attention, was that within 10 years, (2015 is the estimate) most if not all of the senior controllers will be retired, and the average age of a new controller will be 25.  Most will have less than 5 years experience.  Think about that next time ya fly!

I find my constantly worrying about the future.  Where will I be in a few years?  Can I handle the job?  Will I find love?  The list goes on.  Its a struggle for sure to calm those nerves and maintin that im barely through the first 1/4 of my life, and I have a lot in front of me.  I think a lot of this mentality stems from modern society, the fast pace of things.  With everything so connected, and linked, and fast, everyone expects imediate results.  However that isnt true, and you have to be patient.  In all reality, a year or two to wait for something isnt that long.  If you slow down, and try to enjoy life, you'll get more outta it.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline switchtech

• Cockerel
  • Climb, Communicate, Confess, Comply
    • SwitchTech's home page
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2007, 09:59:02 PM »
I noticed my first white hair when I was just 22.  My Avatar exaggerates my hair color a little - it isn't really that dark.  :ojbs
Women love it! ;)

My wife tells me she likes it - supposedly it makes me look more distinguished.   8)

jbs
The sky and land joined for one brief moment, then we flew - the ground a receding memory for just a little while.

airtac

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 02:43:17 PM »
I noticed my first white hair when I was just 22.  My Avatar exaggerates my hair color a little - it isn't really that dark.  :ojbs
Women love it! ;)

REEAALLLYY !----women love it, huh?
Someone should have told me sooner about this---didn't get my first gray hair till about 10 years ago and even then, it was in my beard.    Still mostly blond on head--maybe when I get to be DonYan's age I'll have enough gray to turn on the women, eh wot ?  ;) ;)

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 06:31:52 PM »
IF we're all feeling old here, I'll add some tales. When I was about 23, I was watching the news, and they were running a story about a space camp dedicated to the Shuttle Challenger. The lady said that none of the kids were even alive when the shuttle blew up! Old guy watching! I remember that day exactly. I was home for lunch from school watching cartoons, when the show was interrupted to tell us about the exsplosion.

The second was only recently. I was at the movie store browsing the new releases when I noticed the Cartoon Transformers movie there; 20 Anniversary editon. I saw that movie in the theatres when it came out! (I don't know any child of the 80's who didn't like Transformers.)

And to top it off, I'm 28 now, and getting a few gray...grey... (?) hairs. So I'm leaving the kinda young decade and moving into the downhills :-[ :-[ :-[
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 09:07:56 PM »
I was home for lunch from school watching cartoons......

========================================================
And to top it off, I'm 28 now.......

GIL!!!!!!!!!  You're KILLING me here!!!!!!!!    :'(

Cartoons?!?!?!  Man.....  the last time I saw cartoons, I think Kennedy was in office.......

And as for being a whopping 28, holy heavens man, I have workboots that are older than you!!!  (And, probably, a few things in the fridge!)

Love, your old Mom****    ;)    :D    ;)    :D
 8)
Don't make me come back there!!!!