Author Topic: Move Over Rover and let the chick fly! (march 20th strip)  (Read 9760 times)

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
Re: Move Over Rover and let the chick fly! (march 20th strip)
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 05:51:54 PM »
How about a Starduster?

8) 8)

One of my professors here, Gulf you might know who im talking about, ust to fly star dusters.  From the stories he told us, they seem to be the most amazing planes in world.  Capable of like +11g and -5 or so with all the mods he and his stunt crew ran.  That guy is a genius too.  Has a PhD in like astrophysics and flies on the weekend for Pepsi in their new gulf stream.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 10:32:32 PM »
Children toys...

GIver her this experimental bay to fly with  >:D

Or, this one:
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 09:11:34 PM »
How about a Starduster?

8) 8)

One of my professors here, Gulf you might know who im talking about, ust to fly star dusters.  From the stories he told us, they seem to be the most amazing planes in world.  Capable of like +11g and -5 or so with all the mods he and his stunt crew ran.  That guy is a genius too.  Has a PhD in like astrophysics and flies on the weekend for Pepsi in their new gulf stream.

Which one is that?
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Bruce

• Bruce's Place
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 12:59:25 PM »

Well the Knight Twister is one of my favorite looking biplanes (the cockpit shot is from one).  But only a single seat and Budd Davison tells me they're tiny, even compared to a pitts S-1.   :o

Phil
[/quote]
Ahhh... I have loved the Knight Twister ever since I saw one at Grimes Field back in 1950 or so.  Don't see many though.
Bruce
1950 Cessna 170A

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 04:02:30 PM »

Which one is that?

Tom Zedlick ( I think thats how you spell his last name).  I had him for 102, and he teaches 220/221 as well as aerodynamics and advanced aerodynamics, and also a couple of other really crazy classes to.  Probably one of the funniest guys i know, however also one the biggest pains in your rear end to.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 03:16:08 PM »
I think he started just as I was leaving.  I had Trapnell for my aerodynamics courses.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty