Author Topic: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 10579 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 12, 2007, 05:32:44 PM »
It's almost that special day when we all enjoy more chocolate than we should, and, perhaps, champagne and roses too?     ::drinking:: ::drinking::

However you spend your St. Valentine's Day, I hope it is fun and warm and wonderful!!!!!!     :-*

The Soccer Mom    8)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
Re: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 06:52:09 PM »
Oh oh! Happy valentine to all the coop, right!

I wonder what it is in program for that day, but I presume I will have to ask to my actual companion........................

And definitely, yes, it's a plant, and it's much less hassles than a cat!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:47:41 AM »
Hey Happy, looks like the PERFECT roommate there -- quiet, never talks back, doesn't leave its laundry lying around...  you know the drill!!!  HA!!    ;D

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 08:40:07 AM »
Happy Valentine's Day ::angel:: ::wave::
That being said, then can someone tell this northerner what exactly valentine's day is because like Halloween etc. then we don't have it (the florists and stores are trying to market it the last couple of years though)? All I know is that it has something to do with pink hearts and guessing something.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 08:58:21 AM »
Happy Valentine's Day ::angel:: ::wave::
That being said, then can someone tell this northerner what exactly valentine's day is because like Halloween etc. then we don't have it (the florists and stores are trying to market it the last couple of years though)? All I know is that it has something to do with pink hearts and guessing something.

Frank

oh oh! Valentine day is the day of the lovers. I still do not know the exact why, how could a saint become the patron of lovers...but, that's it. so, in that day, if you are into a couple you quite feel obliged to party, because, otherwise, it could be that maybe it's unlucky not to party....you go out to dinner and spend a lot of money in buying things that range from a bouquet of roses, to a box of chocolate, from a pair of red plush handcuffs, to an illustrated kamasutra, from a dinner to the best restaurant to a teddybear. everything, clearly said, is usually wrapped into paper that has hundreds of hearts, roses, I love you writings, forever, and yes, the color of the writing is usually red or pink. for a single, there are two options, either you go out with a bunch of friends of the same sex and laugh about that thing, or....you stick at home and you start feeling unlucky that also this year, you will sip wine by yourself, sitting in the sofa, zapping tv, and getting some joy from a box of chocolate (heart shaped, naturally!). Does it help?!?!?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 10:42:09 AM »
The origins are Roman.   The Catholic Church decided to create the holiday after St. Valentine to attempt to stop that Roman tradition (which for the most part it did).

"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 06:03:19 PM »
Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!!!!!!!  ::wave::

Sure it's commercialized, like almost every other holiday... But still, it's a nice thing to say thank you to your partner once in a while! Did you know that in Japan, the custom is for women to give chocolate to the men... In other words the holiday has been taken in by the chocolate industry instead of the florists!  ;D

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 06:23:42 PM »
Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!!!!!!!  ::wave::

Sure it's commercialized, like almost every other holiday... But still, it's a nice thing to say thank you to your partner once in a while! Did you know that in Japan, the custom is for women to give chocolate to the men... In other words the holiday has been taken in by the chocolate industry instead of the florists!  ;D

Haha! that's hilarious! is it swiss the chocolate?!?

I will always remember the one and only Valentine I partied in a couple, since I was soooooooooooo much drunk (thanks to the Margarita Frozen) that in the middle of the dinner I stood up to kiss my partner and....I did not realiize that the chair had fallen to the ground in the meanwhile. I'm quite sure you will imagine the end. I had a quite hard landing on my butt as soon as I tried to sit again, not aware of the "be carefuuuuuuuuuuuul". in the middle of a restaurant...one of those typical moment in which you would like to have the chance to be transparent. ::rofl:: ::rofl::

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 08:22:58 PM »
Did you know that in Japan, the custom is for women to give chocolate to the men...

Saw it in a Manga once ;) Wondered if it was true.

Frozen pizza and beer alone for me tonight.  ::cowboy::

Phil

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 08:50:37 PM »
Frozen pizza and beer alone for me tonight.  ::cowboy::

10 km run just logged, a salmon cooked in the oven and a glass of gerwurtzstraminer. in front of a book!  ::rofl::

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 09:08:26 PM »
Haha! that's hilarious! is it swiss the chocolate?!?

Well, I don't know! I guess mostly it's Japanese Chocolate... which isn't too bad, but of course no match to Swiss (or Austrian  ;) ) one! I prefer Japanese chocolate to Amercian, actually, because American chocolate is just way too sweet for me. Just talking about the "normal" everyday mass chocolate here, because of course there's good and bad stuff everywhere.

Got my girlfriend a heart-shaped box with Lindt chocolate though!  ;D

Saw it in a Manga once ;) Wondered if it was true.

Frozen pizza and beer alone for me tonight. ::cowboy::

Phil

Yes, it's true! The interesting thing is (and I bet this is the ingenious idea of the chocolate industry), that they give chocolate to almost every man! Depending on the seriousness of the relationship, a friend get's some bought chocolate and the boyfriend get's some self-made chocolate cake.

Frozen pizza and beer alone for me tonight. ::cowboy::

Ah... how do you eat frozen pizza? Lick it?  ;D
Actually I like pizza and beer alone sometimes!!  ::cowboy::

10 km run just logged, a salmon cooked in the oven and a glass of gerwurtzstraminer. in front of a book! ::rofl::

Wow! It sure is warm here in central Europe, isn't it? I also went running today, and I'm a fair-weather runner only!

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 10:16:49 PM »
Yes, it's true! The interesting thing is (and I bet this is the ingenious idea of the chocolate industry), that they give chocolate to almost every man! Depending on the seriousness of the relationship, a friend get's some bought chocolate and the boyfriend get's some self-made chocolate cake.

Hmmm...I like the sounds of that.  ::thinking::

10 km run just logged, a salmon cooked in the oven and a glass of gerwurtzstraminer. in front of a book! 

OK, I will be taking Akita for a 5k run/walk tonight.  I say run/walk because I'm not up to a continuous run yet, so alternate running and walking.  Akita could easily sprint the full 5k as a warm up.   ::)  I don't think I'll trust anything chocolate looking she gives me, even though her name is Japanese. :P

Ah... how do you eat frozen pizza? Lick it? 

Well the slices do resemble an ice cream cone if held right   ::silly::

Phil

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 10:32:20 PM »
Wow! It sure is warm here in central Europe, isn't it? I also went running today, and I'm a fair-weather runner only!

Lately I became an all weather runner, thanks to the tapis roulant!  ;D it's not bad, but surely nothing to do with a run around the lakes!
And well, here in london we had some snow last week (the most important one in 7 years............that in center of the city meant 1 cm. what I could not understand is why, also the underground, that well....is underground was late that day! :) ). BTW, it has been so far, the hottest winter I remember since I remember to be in this world. nothing compared to the never ending one we had until....May last year in Switzerland. it seemed as if summer would never have arrived..........

Hehehe! So to a not really loved man you would give....Akita's chocolate?!?!?!?!

Akita could easily sprint the full 5k as a warm up.   ::) 

That's the bad thing with dog. every effort to ameliorate our performance seems nothing if compared with their energy! Last week I went to see dog races. can you believe they run at 60 km/h? and they neither were the fastest ones.......... :(

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 11:39:40 PM »

Lately I became an all weather runner, thanks to the tapis roulant!  ;D it's not bad, but surely nothing to do with a run around the lakes!
And well, here in london we had some snow last week (the most important one in 7 years............that in center of the city meant 1 cm. what I could not understand is why, also the underground, that well....is underground was late that day! :) ). BTW, it has been so far, the hottest winter I remember since I remember to be in this world. nothing compared to the never ending one we had until....May last year in Switzerland. it seemed as if summer would never have arrived..........

Hehehe! So to a not really loved man you would give....Akita's chocolate?!?!?!?!

Akita could easily sprint the full 5k as a warm up.   ::) 

That's the bad thing with dog. every effort to ameliorate our performance seems nothing if compared with their energy! Last week I went to see dog races. can you believe they run at 60 km/h? and they neither were the fastest ones.......... :(

We haven't had any really bad cold snaps this year, but nearly every month has been colder than average over all this year.

And if you really hate the guy you'd give him what Akita leaves behind in a flamming brown paper bag on his door step!  ::rofl::

The dogs around here only average about 22mph (35k) over a 20 mile sprint course, but then they have to pull the musher and sled too.  |:)\

Phil

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 12:28:33 AM »
Frozen pizza and Beer, eh Tundra?   Wow!!  You have the same Chef that I do!!!!!!!!    ;D     ;D      ;D     ;D