Author Topic: What the hell is going on??  (Read 40053 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: What the hell is going on??
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 01:25:29 AM »
Wow, Frank, it's good to hear that things are making some progress toward your family's goals.  I also hope it goes well, and works out the way you would like.  Keep us all posted!  Moving is a big job but always worth all the effort, once you're settled in once more.  Best of wishes from here!!!   

;)      ;)      ;)   
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 02:10:26 AM »
Thanks, in any case it's worth the cost to move over there, no matter if I can/have to move out soon so we're going to do it. The problem however is that 7 AM sunday morning my mom was rushed to the hospital due to severe heart-pain but me and Michael (my brother not Strasser) is working on the car and the home. He's a former truck-driver so he can easily and safely drive and pack the rental moving-truck (and I mean a real truck, not a pick-up or oversized van). From my mother called and asked me to use the emergency call system she's gotten and till she was in the hospital it took over 90 minutes thanks to being on an island. At least the island-doctor came over of course and the ambulance had a doctor on board and they were nice and qualified people doing their best but it's still a scary thought that if something happends that an ambulance can't cary equipment for then it'll take such a long time. And with my mom's bad health then that home we got offered is a must-have, no matter how much extra it'll cost then it's worth it no matter what might happend in the future.

My brother talked to her over the phone and she's conscious and of course only worried about me getting dinner and such but I drove to the island store and got a fresh frenchbread that lasted me all day so that was easy. She's too stubborn for her own sake :( With severe pains she tried to clean her room up before the doctor came  ::loony::

More news when available and thanks for your thoughts. I'm trying to take things calmly so I don't stress myself more than needed (since that ruins my concentration to take care of things). The lady who answered the call first also said I'd done all that I could do to help when they were there, including giving them her medicin-list, medicin, medical-history (what I could remember, it's sadly long and complicated).

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 02:20:26 AM »
Best wishes to your Mom for her speedy recovery.  It is a wonderful thing that you are able to help her out.  I hope she feels better.  And tell your brother hello from here in the Coop!

I know what you mean about parents being stubborn, oh goodness, I never saw anything like it when my parents were old and needed help.  My mom was so sweet and way more worried about the nurses being tired from their shifts than her own heart not working, that they even took me aside and asked me in disbelief "Is she ALWAYS like that?!?"  And, the volunteer guys who drove my dad more than once in the ambulance said he was their favorite patient, because he always made jokes -- they told me later that the most serious thing he ever said to them was "Jeez, you guys might want to take this thing in, I really think it could use some decent shocks."     

But -- I think being stubborn is a wonderful trait in general, and really does help people persevere.  I hope she is feeling better!!!!!!   :)     

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 09:47:02 AM »
My best wishes for a speedy recovery to your mom, Frank! I'll keep fingers crossed!
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 11:14:47 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes. She's still in the hospital but seems fairly ok now, at least she's talking normally and doesn't seem tired, but she's comming out until friday at the earliest and she needs to get a heart-test done (the one with the thing stuck in a vein from the lower body and then pushed all the way up to the heart) and of course that requires us to go to a fourth hospital, this time the national hospital in Copenhagen, but I'm not driving her there since that's one bad place to get lost, and as some of you have now seen then all hell has broken loose between crazy youth's and a christian group that sadly now is starting to look like fanatics themselves (speaking more and more like a sect/cult).

We got the papers for the loan needed for the double-rent and the moving-costs etc. but something seems strange so they need to be read thrue before signing them, then the contract for the house still hasn't come yet and we're a little worried it was given to the other one despite a lower number and before we got the contract and have it signed and recieved then we're not canceling this place. Also still no news from the county about paying the cardealer for the new handicap car. My brother has been a great help already so far and at least I've been able to keep this place in an ok state and getting some ok food so during the circumstances things are still going forward.

Btw, I saw a RDAF Hercules the other day (at least I think it was, it was low, slow and the tail is easy to recognize).

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 07:34:15 AM »
Sigh, my mom was supposed to be able to come home friday however that morning she had another heart-attack so she won't be able to come home until monday at the earliest. The bank-loan figures for the moving-loan have been explained (they just combined it with the car-loan) however still no news about the car and we have to wait until monday to get some necessary paperwork done to get the house that's still in the open.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 12:09:16 AM »
Frank,
Sorry to hear about your mom's setback.  That can be a bit discouraging, but the good side is, she is where she has the best, and immediate, care available, which is good.  We will keep her in our thoughts, and hope that she is feeling better soon.
Take care of yourself, and get some rest.
The Soccer Mom, aka Mary***
 :) 

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 09:13:28 AM »
Thank you. She is indeed in the best of care and that is the only thing relaxing me at the moment, however she didn't come home yesterday, she's been having pain again and wednesday she's being transferred to the Copenhagen national hospital (Rigshospitalet) for the planned check on her heart to find out what's wrong and that'll take three days. We got the bank-papers sent yesterday as well as the contract but no news on the car yet. I still won't rest easy until we get the letter confirming my mom as the tennant and when I can pick-up the Lancer.

From days with near-freezing temperatures and grey skies then it was sunny and almost cooking here yesterday (+15C), just a shame it's hard for me to relax when I need to constantly try to guess when I need to drive to make it to the ferry, it's hard to judge traffic levels. Plus, the 206 isn't that stable in side-winds unlike the Lancer so it's not much fun to drive in this weather. I'd still love to have flown a bit though, and I did hear some piston-props over the usual turboprop regional-planes and occasional jets flying over here.

We're still keeping the propeller in the water as my dad said, or as Stef would say: keeping the blue side up, it's just not fun when a ton of important things happend all at once with a very short deadline and the people you talk to are really hard to understand/get anything out of it. Still trying to relax though, it must be a genetic thing from my dad that I keep on trying to get over setbacks and try to smile at life.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 09:02:43 PM »
Man, I completely forgot this, sorry. My mom came home satruday evening. It seems she's got a heart-valve problem and that can lead to heart-cramps so she got some new medicin. The new home is secured but the new car is starting to be on shaky ground since the dealer has alreayd confirmed we need to pay more since our car has now lost value and he wouldn't completely rule out annuling the deal if the county wouldn't soon pay up.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 01:00:54 AM »
VERY glad to hear that your mom is home!!  That is good news.  All the best to her.   :)

Good luck with the vehicular adventures!   :)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 08:51:30 PM »
Man, I completely forgot this, sorry. My mom came home satruday evening. It seems she's got a heart-valve problem and that can lead to heart-cramps so she got some new medicin. The new home is secured but the new car is starting to be on shaky ground since the dealer has alreayd confirmed we need to pay more since our car has now lost value and he wouldn't completely rule out annuling the deal if the county wouldn't soon pay up.

Frank

Good bunch of good news! glad to hear them! I will keep fingers crossed for the car too!
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 03:15:45 AM »
Frank, I hope things with your Mom are going well, and it is working out fine now that she has been home for a bit.

Best of luck on getting the car thing squared away.

Cheers, the S'Mom  :)

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 11:31:37 PM »
Wow... sorry about your mom, Frank!  Hope she is doing well now.   Sorry I've been out of touch... had my PC blow up on me and have been putting pieces back together and recovering stuff

Best regards to everyone!

::type::
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

airtac

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 12:19:58 AM »
Wow... sorry about your mom, Frank!  Hope she is doing well now.   Sorry I've been out of touch... had my PC blow up on me and have been putting pieces back together and recovering stuff

SURELY, you must be kidding---it's Ted Stryker ::unbelieveable::
BTW  Welcome back, we missed you :'(
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 12:51:33 AM by airtac »

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2007, 12:55:08 AM »

SURELY, you must be kidding---it's Ted Stryker ::unbelieveable::
BTW  Welcome back, we missed you :'(

Thanks!   Sorry I haven't been on until now... didn't have a way to do so....  very frustrating!   I missed everyone here too!

We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!