Author Topic: What the hell is going on??  (Read 40049 times)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
What the hell is going on??
« on: February 09, 2007, 03:55:26 AM »
We are starting to see a trend here lately that kind of concerns us:

People start insulting eachother, being smartasses in the forum, and some of them completely pull out as soon as they get critizised for something...

WTF??  ::sulk:: I mean seriously !!!

Can't we all get along??  ::complaining:

I want to remind everybody that this forum was meant to be an ALTERNATIVE to the other aviation foums out there where this is already happening. We created this to have fun, be everything BUT serious, and for the younger people in this forum to learn a thing or two...

Please keep in mind that if somebody says something that doesn't agree with you is NOT a reason to quit right away !!!
There are other people who might still enjoy your company and input. And please be polite and nice to eachother. And if you're into this just to argue with people and be hurtful, join the AOPA forum instead. You'll get a lot more out of it that way.

Ok, .... got this of my chest.

Let's go back to the more funny topics like. . .  Chickens flying planes for example.....  ::wave:: ::rofl::

Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: What the hell is going on??
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 06:22:03 AM »
Thanks Mike,
I'd like to say I have enjoyed "meeting" everyone here in the Super-Coop, it is fun and I have learned a lot, and laughed even more.  I would miss anyone who slid off the roost and left...  that would be a bummer!!!  It's NICE to be able to just visit, and share stuff, especially after a long day of serious stuff. 

Thanks to everyone out there.   :D

The Soccer Mom****
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: What's going on
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 07:57:12 AM »
Well I can't say I saw this comming, although I did seem to misunderstand a non-negative post by SkyGal but that's been deleted it seems. Perhaps I've stepped over some feet when talking but that wasn't intended but in an effort to keep my posts short I may have clipped the part explaining my view further. On the subject of subjects for the forum threads and changing topics then I just followed the flow and kept observant if there was a problem or not but we can go back to aviation, I'm sure there are plenty of topics, I for instance have some airplane pictures for the Guess That ?? thread.

I've been told several times lately how much I act like my late dad and that was in a good way. One thing is that I automatically calm my nerves, although it may take a night's rest and that post with the attempted car-theft was less than an hour after we found it out and maybe it couldn't be understood I was in shock and not like that normally. Right now I'm sitting normally with calm nerves trying to look ahead in life although I don't know where it will go. With good rest (which we all need) then I can think good and calmly and won't think things are bad without clear evidence. Hmm, maybe this part of the post is un-needed but just in case someone read my shock-post without knowing the rest of my posts then it might help understanding.

To defend the people that left then they might not be quitters or hold a grudge but the exact opposite, they want to look at the nice things in life and won't waste time on negative things that will only make them negative. I'm still sad Jim and UNDATC left but I thank them for the time they spent here and the nice conversation and good information.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 01:29:03 AM »
Well I just hope that anyone who has left will come back, because I will miss them!   :'(

Mom**
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 04:46:39 AM »
Before I rejoin your community, I felt the need to say a couple of things.

One, I apologize for my slight, emotional outburst a month or so ago.  In my short time on this rock, I have dealt with a lot of prejudice and harassment, and have gotten to the point where I have neither the time nor inclination to put up with people that feel the need to harass and insult people.  Because of that, I rushed to judgment, and cut my nose off despite my face.  I cut off a family sort to speak of people I had grown to care about, and missed.  As my mother says, “you can pick your nose, and you can pick your friends, but you can’t pick your family” or something like that.

Recent events in my life, I wont get into them, have made me realize the mistakes I had made, and once again apologize and ask your forgiveness.  If you’ll have me back, I promise to not cause too much of a ruckus, and to play nice.  We can even finger paint after recess.

Sorry bad joke, however, I look forward to becoming a part of your community once again.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline Firegirl

• Cockerel
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 07:03:09 AM »
Let me be the first to say "Welcome back"  ::wave::

I don't post all the time but I read the forum quite frequently and I am happy to see things getting resolved and people enjoying chickens flying airplanes (like mike says...)
If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose.  --- Jack Handy

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 07:19:29 AM »
Welcome back undatc! ::wave::
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 03:22:50 PM »
Hey, dude.  You were missed.  I was afraid there'd be nobody to talk hockey with anymore.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 04:46:34 PM »
Hey, dude.  You were missed.  I was afraid there'd be nobody to talk hockey with anymore.

Ha, it would seem our hockey season is almost over.  We haven't had much success since that Gopher incident...
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 04:51:31 PM »
We're doing ok.  We're alone in 4th since Saturday, and we can finish as high as 2nd (not likely, but possible).  We always seem to play well in the first round of the Final Five.  There's always hope!

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 04:56:31 PM »
We're doing ok.  We're alone in 4th since Saturday, and we can finish as high as 2nd (not likely, but possible).  We always seem to play well in the first round of the Final Five.  There's always hope!

Can always hope for another Holy Cross!  Only we'd be the holy cross this time.

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 05:12:05 PM »
That was pretty awesome.  We just need to avoid another Ferris St. fiasco.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 08:32:03 PM »

One, I apologize for my slight, emotional outburst a month or so ago.  In my short time on this rock, I have dealt with a lot of prejudice and harassment, and have gotten to the point where I have neither the time nor inclination to put up with people that feel the need to harass and insult people.  Because of that, I rushed to judgment, and cut my nose off despite my face.  I cut off a family sort to speak of people I had grown to care about, and missed.  As my mother says, “you can pick your nose, and you can pick your friends, but you can’t pick your family” or something like that.

Recent events in my life, I wont get into them, have made me realize the mistakes I had made, and once again apologize and ask your forgiveness.  If you’ll have me back, I promise to not cause too much of a ruckus, and to play nice.  We can even finger paint after recess.

Sorry bad joke, however, I look forward to becoming a part of your community once again.

Welcome back dude!!  |:)\

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 05:09:12 AM »

I personally have dealth with a large amount of loss and bad fortune (most losses were my closest family members including my dad and all but one was from cancer, the last of heart-attack). I've had a lot of time where people said I was crazy, mentally unstable and lastly that I had something called Aspergers Syndrom but we've finally found out that I don't have a condition, I just work in different ways, the very ways that give me my good sides, one of which is to analyze situations so I can learn and improve, however with the constant loss and several bad events/shocks then my nerves are often ground down and then I can post shock events like with the break-in in the car which is one of the worst things after the family-losses that's ever happend to us and just when the car was sold in trade for a handicap car so we were afraid the deal would be annulled and we have no-one else to help us, that's the std. pattern, when something goes bad for us then it's a lot of things all at once. The last years time I've had some dealings with other people that have confirmed that it's not me that's weak but the events to our family that have been above averagely bad, that helps my self-esteem and understanding of life.

That being said, I don't know if I should apologise too since I can't remember/hadn't noticed what might've set this whole thing off, Jim also left besides UND and I simply can't remember if I might've had a hand in that. If I did then I'm sorry and will appreciate info on what it was so I can try and learn from it.

UND: I'm sorry you've had such bad fortune as well, but reaching the stage to ignore evil comments (as long as they don't pose a physical thread in which case the authorities should be contacted) that is a great achievement and something I try to live by as well, although I also understand that there can be misunderstanding due to different meaning of the same word or words spoken by a person not completely familiar with the used language.

In any case then it's nice that things are getting back to the positive again. For us there's still no news on when the papers are finished for the car, however we had to most incredible thing happend with regards to the home. After waiting almost since we moved over here two years ago then we got a new home offered that can suit us back in Odense, two doors down from our old place. If all things go well then we can move in in 1 month.

Note: I'm still a little tired from the last couple of days hectic investigations regarding the possible new home (we didn't think we could get a moving-loan at first but we did) so if something rings wrong/offensive what I've written then please ask for clarification first.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 10:25:07 AM »
In any case then it's nice that things are getting back to the positive again. For us there's still no news on when the papers are finished for the car, however we had to most incredible thing happend with regards to the home. After waiting almost since we moved over here two years ago then we got a new home offered that can suit us back in Odense, two doors down from our old place. If all things go well then we can move in in 1 month.

Wow! That's great news!! Hope it will work out the way you want it to! After all getting of this little island was a priority for you as far as I know, right? We'll keep our fingers crossed!!  |:)\