Author Topic: Name That ????  (Read 736279 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: Name That ????
« Reply #1425 on: September 20, 2012, 08:54:49 PM »
Me/Bf 109? but a photo of an actual plane would help not just a Oleo leg  :o
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:23:20 PM by Oddball »
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1426 on: September 20, 2012, 09:38:22 PM »
Hehe, where would the fun be in that? Besides, the premier danish aircraft archeologist recognized this from an amateur diver's picture of the oleo strut. Keyword: twin-wheels!

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #1427 on: September 21, 2012, 08:39:52 PM »
Remains of a DC-4/C-54?
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1428 on: September 22, 2012, 03:50:10 PM »
Heinkel He-177 Grief?
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1429 on: September 22, 2012, 04:27:54 PM »
Nope, and nope but Oddy's getting closer.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1430 on: September 22, 2012, 09:40:48 PM »
Focke Wulf 200 Condor? Junkers 290?

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1431 on: September 22, 2012, 10:09:27 PM »
Here's a picture of one of the propellers with one of the V12's in the background and one of the remote-controller canons. Another canon was already cleaned and looks like new and still works with only original parts! German engineering at it's best and WD40 by the bucketloads + time works miracles.
I also included a picture of the yet uncleaned ejectorseat with it's plastic-coated wires (and pieces of a trawl-net).

Frank
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:11:30 PM by Frank N. O. »
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #1432 on: September 23, 2012, 05:44:21 AM »
What is with the "neked" headless manikin in the background..... ::thinking:: ::thinking::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1433 on: September 23, 2012, 06:42:24 PM »
 ::rofl:: oh I just knew someone would ask about that, and of course it would be you  ;D
They're used to show uniforms since the Aalborg Defence- and Garrison Museum has everything related to the military going back several centuries although focusing on the 19th and early/mid 20th century. The Navy museum btw is just a stone throw away, and on the other side of the river is the Aalborg Airforce Base (with an F-104 gateguard I sadly couldn't photograph this time around) and the Aalborg Military base.

Here's the link to the museum in english: http://www.forsvarsmuseum.dk/eng/information.html

Btw, the airplanes behind the displays in the pictures are: F-84G KR-A, F-86D AL-E and CF-104 R-851 (with the engine displayed next to it). There's also a T-33 hanging overhead together with a glider of some kind, and a RF-35 Draken outside next to tons of tanks and other heavy vehicles.

Frank
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 06:46:30 PM by Frank N. O. »
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1434 on: September 24, 2012, 03:22:09 PM »
It a Heinkel He-219 Uhu (owl) night fighter one of the first to have ejector seats.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:25:11 PM by Oddball »

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1435 on: September 27, 2012, 12:49:51 AM »
I knew I shouldn't have posted the ejector seat, that was a dead giveaway wasn't it? ::rofl:: He also said it was the first with a pressurised cockpit.

Yes it's an owl, but not just any owl, it's an owl that doesn't exist! When they found it they contacted the germans and they insist it doesn't exist because they've got a register of every plane wether it was taken by the americans afterr WWII, shot down or crashed, and nothing is listed as having been near here. The wreckage had no bullet holes so it wasn't shot down, and the props are bent like it made a belly landing, but the engine block is cracked. They examined the tyres and found out they'd only ever landed twice but it's the plane or just the tyres that were new is anybody's guess. Another interesting detail is that there was no ammo onboard, and it wasn't painted in the normal two-tone camo paint as the one in USA, it was in desert-camo which makes it even more strange it's way up here. Sadly the tail is gone and so far they haven't been able to find any other ID markings although he hopes there's something when they clean up the cockpit.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1436 on: September 27, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »
Think the Supermarine Spitfire and the Vickers Wellington beat it by some margin there Frank. There should be makers marks on it some where like on the engine block or on the inside of the Fuselage some where. It will either be a plate bit like a VIN plate or a stamp.

And now <insert evil grin here> it's my turn. Got a few I've recently found so will post them later on.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #1437 on: September 29, 2012, 11:19:12 AM »
Okay, here's another one! This one will be quick, because I think it's easy. I have to say first that I don't know the exact answer, I just have a guess. I took these photos during my recent trip through China ...

Offline Jupiter

• Fledgling
  • Aerospace engineering student
« Reply #1438 on: September 29, 2012, 11:27:26 AM »
MiG15?
Studying Aerospace Engineering since 2008
Designing, building and maintaining aircraft since 2008
Drummer since 1999
Balloon support crew since 2009
Built rockets between 2008-2010

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1439 on: September 30, 2012, 05:52:56 PM »
Mig 19/Shenyang J-6
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:00:08 PM by Oddball »