Author Topic: Name That ????  (Read 736388 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: Name That ????
« Reply #870 on: July 10, 2008, 06:53:12 AM »
the "Vee" tail reminds me of a Magister
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #871 on: July 11, 2008, 03:46:47 AM »
OK, I'm not sure if all previous aircraft have been identified, or if this has been up before but here's one I just found and it seemed like a possibly tough one.

Frank

Frank, what in heck is that?  It appears to be two bastard children of a Bonanza/Fouga Magister cross, mating while in flight!  How incestuous!!!   ::eek::  I've never seen this one before, that is for sure.

Question I have is:  Did it have dual controls, and how did the two pilots agree on who was flying the airplane???   ::thinking:: ::loony::  Methinks it was built before electronic intercoms were the norm in small airplanes.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 03:58:20 AM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #872 on: July 19, 2008, 06:02:46 PM »
Alright Franklin, what's the name of that jet? ??? ???
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #873 on: July 19, 2008, 09:12:43 PM »
I found it at a cool site listing experimental planes and I'm actually not sure if I should be happy or sad that no-one found it, even though Roost actually, almost, said it :D

1951 Fouga CM-88 Gemeaux

As as I could make out of the cyrillic looking text then it's powered by two Turbomeca Marbore II engines and could do 285 kph.
Not sure if it has dual-controls but it would seem logical I think.

Edit: Ah, here's something more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fouga_Gemeaux

Frank
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 09:14:36 PM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline goldenlp

« Reply #874 on: August 04, 2008, 11:17:30 PM »
I had just recently heard that family friend Dick Probert had passed away this May and since finding that out had decided to google him and read some more fun stuff about that amazing man.  I saw pics of the Fleet posted back in June on this site and had to share that I was lucky enough to have had Dick take me for a ride in that awesome plane and it was an experience I will never forget.  I worked for his wife Nancy, playing with the horses - my grandfather and father and family friends helped build his hanger - and I have to share that grass runway was definitely an interesting way to take off and land!  It is great to read about Dick and hear people's stories and admiration.   ;)

Offline Jean Loup

• Cockerel
  • born under an obnoxious star
    • jean, the barefooted D.i.Y'er
« Reply #875 on: August 09, 2008, 03:39:03 AM »
on Abraham de los Santos beach, Oaxaca coast: (not my photo)

Says Panoramio:

cmdr_toxic, on May 9, 2007, said:
Nice shot! I´ve been there some month ago, too. It has been shot down by the mexican army because was full of kokaine.

alanrichard, on June 5, 2007, said:
hice to see that the stories about this magnificent old albatross have been so inflamed. I was the pilot who landed this aircraft on the water and taxied it up on the beach. It wae not shot down by anyone, proof is there are no bullit holes anywere. I am presently writing a book about how this bird ended its life on this beach. Buy the way there were never any drugs flowen in this plane.Watch for my book.

josebelmont, on February 23, said:
Muy buena foto. No es solo otra playa mas.

DonYan, on April 1, said:
¿is it a B-25? and the book...all aeronauts are waiting & interested!

I guess you landed slowing down with the wheels in the water, and reached shore wet sand to taxi it up. Then the dry sand got the bird...tides did the rest.

Like we say: any landing you can walk away from uninjured, is a good landing!
-Donyan-
I answered pronto, but no book, no Alan on the web, no answer so far...I asked if it was a B-25, but later I noticed the base of a wing float near the wing tip. PBY Catalinas had the wing mounted on a pilon, and I am not shure if the ruder tip has another twin under the sand: it's prety well beated up and bended.

Maybe someone knows pilot Alan Richard on this forum: incredible comments...but no bird name!!! ¿What's it?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 03:41:24 AM by donYan »

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #876 on: August 09, 2008, 07:39:06 AM »
It is a Grumman Albatross.  Note the fixed wing float attachment underneath the wing.  Sad to see a marvelous old lady go to pieces that way.   :'( |:)\

Offline Jean Loup

• Cockerel
  • born under an obnoxious star
    • jean, the barefooted D.i.Y'er
« Reply #877 on: August 09, 2008, 07:14:46 PM »
It is a Grumman Albatross.  Note the fixed wing float attachment underneath the wing.  Sad to see a marvelous old lady go to pieces that way.   :'( |:)\
Now that explains how it landed...aquatized??? in spanish: acuatizó on water, aterrizó on landstrips. ¿No clues about the Pilot or the book ??? Thanks, Retired Chicken Hauler ::wave::

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #878 on: August 09, 2008, 08:33:02 PM »
hmmm.... watered maybe? or sead? ::)
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #879 on: October 01, 2008, 03:08:07 AM »
Ok, not sure if this was posted before but I just bought a big aircraft encyclopedia and found this in it.

Anyone up for the challenge?

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #880 on: October 01, 2008, 05:47:18 AM »
Ok, not sure if this was posted before but I just bought a big aircraft encyclopedia and found this in it.

Anyone up for the challenge?

Frank

Guess #1:  FUGLY!   ::sick::

Guess #2:  The bastard offspring of an affair between a Bonanza and a Cessna 150?   ::thinking::

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #881 on: October 01, 2008, 12:17:23 PM »
Is it a Fockwith?  ;D
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #882 on: October 01, 2008, 03:36:04 PM »
None right so far, however to give some help then the name does ring similar to Beechcraft.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #883 on: October 02, 2008, 06:17:18 AM »
That would make it a Beagle perhaps, but I'm not familiar with this model.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #884 on: October 02, 2008, 07:11:53 AM »
Nope, guess again. Man I really thought this would be easy for you guys for find. It first flew in 1952 and in the 560 page encyclopedia I got the picture of it (which is exactly the same as the one posted here which I found online) mislabel it as Beechcraft.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci