Author Topic: Name That ????  (Read 738913 times)

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Name That ????
« Reply #390 on: April 22, 2007, 06:00:44 AM »
Here are a couple I snapped, first one should be easy....
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #391 on: April 22, 2007, 06:21:40 AM »
Antonov An-124 Condor, saw one (that one?) myself in person some years ago at Billund Airport (EKBI).

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
  • "Fly Fast, Fly Low, Turn Left"
    • Alaskan Aviators
« Reply #392 on: April 22, 2007, 08:14:11 AM »
Name this ugly one

Fine, I name it "Bob."

THAT I find offensive as my name is Bob.  Don't worry I'll find you and hunt you down ::rambo::

just kidding  ;)

OK, all joking aside I was about to come unglued on this thread.  I'm a FIRM supporter of US troops.  My dad served in the US Navy in Vietnam (that would be in-country, not on a ship) and my grandad managed to get his Purple Heart on Okinawa (not to mention his time on Siapan and Tinian).  Uncle Jim told me about the screams he could hear coming from the USS Arizona......  I missed serving 'cause the don't want pilots that can't hear. 

I then looked at Don Yan's post a little closer, as well as Air Tac's.

Then I shut my mouth. 

My politics are simple:  Christan, Conservative, Heterosexual (any questions?).   But I also realize that opinions different from my own are acceptable.

I DO support the Iraq war for a simple reason:  it needs to be done.  That is ALL I will say on that subject.  Don't try to bait me.  If you want to prove your point, email me directly and I'll give you the download for my favorite FPS and we can settle it online ;)

For the rest, this is a humor thread.  Lets continue that.  This may have been done before, but what the hey:

"Alaska Airlines NXXXXXX Please circle for traffic seperation"

"Seattle Tower it costs $7000 to circle this airplane"

"Roger Alaska Airlines, give me $14,000 worth!"
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #393 on: April 22, 2007, 08:21:54 AM »
Bob: I suspect it could be a far-fetched joke from the animated sci-fi movie Titan A.E. where at the end the new earth was named Bob. I was actually thinking of paraphrasing the line the other person responded to after she asked what to call the planet and after he said Bob she said: you can't name a planet Bob. I thought of quoting the line and post: you can't name a plane Bob :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #394 on: April 22, 2007, 08:37:06 AM »

I then looked at Don Yan's post a little closer, as well as Air Tac's.

Then I shut my mouth. 

I started to reply twice...  stopped both times.   This was #3... and #4...

Bob: I suspect it could be a far-fetched joke from the animated sci-fi movie Titan A.E. where at the end the new earth was named Bob. I was actually thinking of paraphrasing the line the other person responded to after she asked what to call the planet and after he said Bob she said: you can't name a planet Bob. I thought of quoting the line and post: you can't name a plane Bob :D

Frank

Sorry Frank, but I just like the name Bob.

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #395 on: April 22, 2007, 08:10:56 PM »
Since I have never been on that part of the world, I don´t imagine the distances involved or the differences they have. I had just seen a funny movie, "Crocodile Dundee" and was thinking about "Australia and New Zealand, must be alike" (now Gibbo is going to hate me!) since they are in "that part of the Pacific".DonYan |:)\ ::wave::

G'day DonYan  ::wave:: .

No way, i don't hate you, the people of Australia and New Zealand are similar in many ways but also very different at the same time.  The 2 countries themsleves are vastly different, your ambassador/apprentice will tell you the same, (outback..'the Bush' ) Australia is just like you saw in Croc Dundee, New Zealand, being further south, is colder ...mmm and Greener....the most places in Australia.  All that said we have alot of "Kiwi's" ;) (New Zealanders) immigrate to Australia....soooo, yes, you are propbably right....we may be alike after all  :D :D

Cheers MATE! |:)\ ::bow::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #396 on: April 23, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
Name this ugly one

Gil your plane is sending me loony  ::banghead:: ::loony::  ::complaining: I KNOW I SHOULD KNOW IT but i just can't get it out...the real plane, not the variant you show here ... arrrgggghhhh! ::banghead:: ::banghead::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

airtac

« Reply #397 on: April 23, 2007, 01:02:38 AM »
AND BE99s ::wave::

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #398 on: April 23, 2007, 01:06:11 AM »
It's not a Beaufighter or a Beaufort, or Beau Peep even  ::banghead:: OR a BE99  :D it's a....a....a.......oh never mind  ::knockedout::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

airtac

« Reply #399 on: April 23, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »
It's not a Beaufighter or a Beaufort, or Beau Peep even  ::banghead:: OR a BE99  :D it's a....a....a.......oh never mind  ::knockedout::
NONO---I was referring ti Baradium's picture of 2 Beech 99's parked in the snow :D

airtac

« Reply #400 on: April 23, 2007, 01:13:11 AM »
Bob, was your Dad in country with the brown water navy ???

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #401 on: April 23, 2007, 05:00:38 AM »
Gotcha Gilly  Short SB3 !!!! YAY it's a load off my mind!!! |:)\ ::bow::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #402 on: April 23, 2007, 05:10:45 AM »
Identify this aircraft
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #403 on: April 23, 2007, 07:11:18 AM »
NONO---I was referring ti Baradium's picture of 2 Beech 99's parked in the snow :D

As far as we know, those were the last two BE-99s still being used for scheduled passenger service.  They just left here two weeks ago (sold) to the east coast to fly boxes for a Fed Ex contractor...

airtac

« Reply #404 on: April 23, 2007, 02:36:43 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D NO BAD VIBES HERE ::wave:: ::rofl::---EVERTHING  AND EVERYONE HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY  ::bow:: ::rofl:: ::drinking::